The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PGT)Canucks 4 - Pens 5

canucktican

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Vienna Boys' Choir 5 - Nucks 3.

One of the most blatantly managed contests I have seen in a very long time. I counted 4 blatant hooks/trips before the Penguins third goal that were let go even though the NUcks had had 5 penalties to that point.

This game was a disgrace and illustrated just how low the NHL will go to achieve its goals.

That kinda sh*t makes me want to boycott watching games or attending games. Not because I dont want to support our team, just dont want to support the NHL's pocket when they treat the Vancouver Canuck's organization the way they do. No respect for the Sedins, worst scheduling, questionable officiating, turning a blind eye to supplimental discipline against opposing teams players

I don't think its very fair to blame Vey for anything other than the own goal.. he actually had a pretty strong game today overall if you watched this game.

Their line was buzzing, and the one goal was just unfortunate. These things happen!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I was overall pretty pleased with how they played today.. they are scoring goals and playing well against great players.. I mean Kessel was made to look like a subaverage player in this game.. as was Crosby.. if not for Malkin, Van would have stomped the pens today.I am finding it hard to get too down on that.   

3 minutes ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

Vey will be gifted copious amounts of undeserved ice time by WD until management find a way to separate these two jamokes. 

Vey had 13:20 of 5 vs 5, less than Vrby at 14:06, about the same as McCann at 13:04, Danny at 13:14, Hansen at 13:14 and a few seconds more than Bo at 12:36

so what's with the "copious" allegation?  (and he was successful in the PK role)

17 minutes ago, Apricot said:

So this is how it feels to outplay a team and end up losing the game.

It doesn't feel good. 

Also

I hate Vey, I hate him. Why is he still here. God, I hate him. Every time I saw his damn number after that stupid own goal, I wanted to throw something at my TV. 

getting really sick of:

1.Sbisa

2.Miller

3.Vey

4.Willie D

Impressed by

1.Bo

2.Daniel

3.Hansen

4.Markstrom

5.Hutton

6.Beartschi

7.Etem

Thatd been said we are not a contender and wont be for a few years. Anyone else think Hansen's trade value is at an all time high?

Hansen and Zhukenov to MTL for Juulsen and 2nd?

16 minutes ago, Tech N9ne said:

Oh my god, I just realized that Vey led forwards in ice-time......how is that possible?

He's playing second PK unit and takes a lot of Dzon faceoffs for McCann. In spite of the unfortunate own goal, while he was BACKCHECKING hard, as he should be, he played pretty well this game. His line was dangerous again, and played a responsible game.

I complain a lot on here but...

WD has been driving me nuts lately, especially with his obsession with Vey. He is no better than last year, loses the board battles all the time and can't receive a pass 9/10 times. He has been given so much time, vey is not a NHL caliber player currently.

And I'm not even using his own goal to back that statement, that crap happens, but it infuriates me when he gets power play time, or in crucial times when we need a goal.

/rant #FireWD #Matthews2K16 

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

getting really sick of:

1.Sbisa

2.Miller

3.Vey

4.Willie D

Impressed by

1.Bo

2.Daniel

3.Hansen

4.Markstrom

5.Hutton

6.Beartschi

7.Etem

Thatd been said we are not a contender and wont be for a few years. Anyone else think Hansen's trade value is at an all time high?

Hansen and Zhukenov to MTL for Juulsen and 2nd?

What...Miller? The guy has been killing it lately, today was just a bunch of unfortunate goals. Vey on the 3rd, and Edler screen on the 4th. He had a nice game. What's been annoying you about Miller lately?

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Not even mad.

Canucks looked great. Refs just interfered with the game to slow them down.

On to the next game.

5 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

Wow, tough crowd. I'm embarrassed to be a Canucks fan after reading a lot of this

The loss stings, but the Canucks played very well.  In particular, their breakouts were MUCH better today.  If they continue to play this well they will win more games than they lose and will be in the playoffs.

The "crowd" here is a flood of sub-100 post kids with filled diapers looking for someone to listen to their crying.  They'll be gone again soon enough.

Archived