The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PGT)Canucks 4 - Pens 5

canucktican

Who in the Christ pulls the goalie on the powerplay with a couple of minutes left.I wish goddamn coaches could be traded at the deadline.Jesus I hate WD.Edler on the powerplay.Wow.Can he hit any more guys standing 10 feet in front of him.He should be off the powerplay for good.

Glad the love affair with Vey appears to be over. Man some of the posts about him were pretty ridiculous. We can be a pretty bi-polar fanbase, but saying he should be the top line center after one game where he wasn't terrible is pretty messed up.

Nothing's changed from last season, Vey will be gifted copious amounts of undeserved ice time by WD until management find a way to separate these two jamokes. 

1 minute ago, Benzo87 said:

What exactly is your problem with WD?

The idea of giving Vey the most ice-time for forwards is completely mental. Almost 2 full minutes more than Daniel. FFS he played 27 seconds less than Sbisa (who was a +3 on the game)

I'm sorry but I cannot accept his coaching decisions for this game, the blame falls completely on 3 people

WD - Vey - Edler

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Vey had an extremely unlucky bounce that was caused by Edler hitting his stick. People should spend time learning more about the game and less time making love to confirmation bias.

I'm with you on that. I'm not a big fan of Vey, but that was such a fluke thing. 

Vienna Boys' Choir 5 - Nucks 3.

One of the most blatantly managed contests I have seen in a very long time. I counted 4 blatant hooks/trips before the Penguins third goal that were let go even though the NUcks had had 5 penalties to that point.

This game was a disgrace and illustrated just how low the NHL will go to achieve its goals.

8 minutes ago, canucktican said:

130524010242-01-bridge-collapse-0524-sto

Collapse_book.jpg

Great first and second but terrible effort on the third. This one is going to be hard to get over

Naw way... We have one more game at home and then a big break for the All Star game.  Moving on from this one will be easy.  We did a lot of good things... A couple of mistakes, it happens and will continue to happen.  What I liked about this game as opposed to games previous is we're starting to do more good things than bad... Signs of progress and development.  Onwards and upwards!

Ahh look at these losers jumping in to blame 1 guy on a goal that didn't even tie the game.

If it takes 1 own goal to totally unravel  your whole team, your team ain't gonna be winning anyways.

Bet you're all just so proud of yourselves with the hate and high5ing each other.

Bet the Canucks are just loving to have fans like you guys.

Was pumped when Vey got a goal, I thought they put the goal for the wrong team... but then I realized he buried it top corner on his own net...

Good ole Vey.

And how about WD waiting for 20 seconds left to pull the goalie for a 6v4 PP. With only 3min left in the 3rd, why not pull him at beginning of the PP?

Lets fire him.

Sidney Crosby with the game-winning goal!  What a dominant superstar, leading and capping the amazing comeback!!!

NOT.  He was a non-factor most of the game.  Finished -3, under 50% FO.  Malkin was no "beast" either, save for two good shots.

Canucks have nothing to be ashamed of.  Finished up a long eastern roadtrip with probably their best game.  Deserved at least a point from this, and Penguins fortunate to get what they did.

As for scapegoats, blaming that goal on Vey is garbage -- mistakes happen, and he played well again today.  Edler was actually playing a very good game up until the third then his stick became a wet noodle.

Archived