The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Free Willy ?

kingofsurrey

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Weber received icetime when we had healthy alternatives on numerous occasions.  Not sure how that's disputable.

"Alternative" is subject to interpretation though. There were other players but clearly someone thought there was a good reason to play Weber over those.

Just now, RonMexico said:

I know you think the name of your thread is clever but it isn't.

As pointed out earlier, this topic has been beaten into submission.

Ron, i think many topics have been beaten into submission.  Did you try reading through the 400 pages of Burrows? Do we need him ? It is also been fairly " beaten to death "  

This is hockey forum not a discussion on a solution to the Middle East Crisis. Of course topics get rehashed and re discussed. 

Thank you for your great well thoughout input though.   

2 minutes ago, Quoted said:

"Alternative" is subject to interpretation though. There were other players but clearly someone thought there was a good reason to play Weber over those.

And considering Weber's play, thinking playing him to be a good idea should put WD's job in jeopardy.  Continuing to dress that scrub is completely unacceptable for an NHL coach who should know better.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Ron, i think many topics have been beaten into submission.  Did you try reading through the 400 pages of Burrows? Do we need him ? It is also been fairly " beaten to death "  

This is hockey forum not a discussion on a solution to the Middle East Crisis. Of course topics get rehashed and re discussed. 

Thank you for your great well thoughout input though.   

Why do you think your opinion on this rehashed topic is new thread worthy? All you had to do was add to one of the other threads to keep the discussion going if you felt this dead topic needed more whining and moaning from yourself.

I'm not even sure you are a fan of this team. Do you even like watching them? It's hard to tell when every post is you foaming at the mouth about some horrendous injustice from the last game.

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And considering Weber's play, thinking playing him to be a good idea should put WD's job in jeopardy.  Continuing to dress that scrub is completely unacceptable for an NHL coach who should know better.

Willy does seem to have his favourites.  

3 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Why do you think your opinion on this rehashed topic is new thread worthy? All you had to do was add to one of the other threads to keep the discussion going if you felt this dead topic needed more whining and moaning from yourself.

I'm not even sure you are a fan of this team. Do you even like watching them? It's hard to tell when every post is you foaming at the mouth about some horrendous injustice from the last game.

Personal attacks are  not tolerated on this site Ron.   Nice knowing you.  Ban Hammer falls on Ron. 

Just now, RonMexico said:

Answer the question, why is your opinion on this matter new thread worthy?

Ron, i am surprised you are still posting. I heard you were banned for personal attacks on other posters.... weird .  Maybe it takes longer to ban posters with a Mexican IP address. 

I like the job that Willie has done developing Horvat.  Want to see McCann and Virtanen getting quality ice time and developing as well.  It not Willy, than another coach if necessary. 

Would love to see Virtanen play a whole game with Hank and Danny. 

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Personal attacks are  not tolerated on this site Ron.   Nice knowing you.  Ban Hammer falls on Ron. 

He's not personally attacking you he's stating his opinion.. Am I doing it right ?  Isn't this how you spin your troll threads into something ?  You don't have a clue what you are talking about... Oops better clarify its my opinion or you will cry foul.. What a joke!

True  canucks fans are an inclusive group that accept diverse opinions.

You may very well approve of the job Willy is doing this season behind the bench. Good for you.

Other fans looking at the seasons development of our young players may not agree with you. Others may conclude Travis Green may do a better job behind the Canucks bench.

Opinions are like .......    everybody has one.

I have never personally attached another poster for having different views than myself.  

Discussion is healthy.

Instead of criticizing other posters, perhaps you can post why you think Willy makes  a great coach for our club going forward.

2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Posts like this on CDC today make me think that the Mods must be having a pro-D day or something, or is it the kids doing the posting that have the day off?

This is this persons Schlick it seems.. Makes redundant uneducated posts and tries to pass them off as not trolling.  Funny he mentions the burrows post. Almost seems like he wants to be as infamous as that poster by making threads like this..

the last post from the OP. He was trying to say there is an elephant in the room regarding the Sedins.  Just a troll job at best.

WD knows what he is doing, the guy has won at every level he's coached at. I'm sure the reason he chooses to use Weber instead of some of the other guys in the system is to not hinder their development in Utica and let them focus on what they need to do to make that step to the next level, its the exact reason Shink hasn't been brought up, we have guys who can keep the spot warm until they are ready to move up. Weber being one of those guys who can keep a seat warm until the next player to make the roster is ready. He has had a few seasons in the NHL and can be relied on slightly moreso just due to the fact he has had that much more experience at the NHL level than the guys in our farm system. 

Have faith in WD and let him actually coach a team that is expected to make the playoffs and not be in a rebuild/transition.

I am absolutely no fan of Weber at all he drives me nuts, but I know him being in is probably moreso to do with our prospects developing the right way rather than rushing them and risking injury. Pedan has concussion issues, Subban is too small right now and has taken time to adjust to the AHL level so its quite obvious its going to take time to take that final step. Tryamkin is ready but still finishing up his contract overseas

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Fyi there's a combined 40 + pages of Willy discussions between the two threads below. Not mini-modding, but many CDC'ers take time to create well thought out posts and threads and simply ignoring them and having to make people re-post their thoughts in another thread on the same topic because they aren't on page 1 of Canucks talk is unfair .

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/374585-a-new-coach/

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/372801-wd-is-out-of-his-depth/

Yup, this. Well, that, and the 'inconsistencies' let's say in the OP's post tend to make this a pretty bad thread period. I'd lean to trolling but I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

19 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

WD knows what he is doing, the guy has won at every level he's coached at. I'm sure the reason he chooses to use Weber instead of some of the other guys in the system is to not hinder their development in Utica and let them focus on what they need to do to make that step to the next level, its the exact reason Shink hasn't been brought up, we have guys who can keep the spot warm until they are ready to move up. Weber being one of those guys who can keep a seat warm until the next player to make the roster is ready. He has had a few seasons in the NHL and can be relied on slightly moreso just due to the fact he has had that much more experience at the NHL level than the guys in our farm system. 

Have faith in WD and let him actually coach a team that is expected to make the playoffs and not be in a rebuild/transition.

I am absolutely no fan of Weber at all he drives me nuts, but I know him being in is probably moreso to do with our prospects developing the right way rather than rushing them and risking injury. Pedan has concussion issues, Subban is too small right now and has taken time to adjust to the AHL level so its quite obvious its going to take time to take that final step. Tryamkin is ready but still finishing up his contract overseas

Do you think it was a sound coaching strategy to take Hansen ( career 10 goal a year checker ) and play him with the sedins on the first line ?  When we had Vrbata - former 30 and 35 goal scorer on our team now beeing worked  down to the third line  - upcoming UFA that has had his value diminished by almost nil.

Is that great coaching / player management ?  

Why are some posters so offended by  different views on this forum ?  I realize it makes the coolaid drinking fans go a little mental when they read about others that don't share their company/ corporate views.

Archived