The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Add the Kings to teams interested in Dan Hamhuis.

Ilya Mikheyev

On 2/16/2016 at 9:31 AM, canadiangunner said:

Drouin valueless? Lol keep dreaming CDC....keep dreaming.

Yup because a former 3rd overall pick with negilgible production being fed preferential zone starts with literally some of the best line mates in hockey who has shown at the WJC as well as now in the NHL that he has a ridiculously entitled attitude, so large in fact that he is currently sitting at home pouting and not even playing in the AHL is obviously worth the large, must be a 1st round pick plus solid prospect no question.

He needs to take a serious page from another 3rd overall pick in Cam Barker and start working his butt off because while he isn't entirely value less, he is worth little to nothing in relation to what yzerman is hoping to get for him.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yup because a former 3rd overall pick with negilgible production being fed preferential zone starts with literally some of the best line mates in hockey who has shown at the WJC as well as now in the NHL that he has a ridiculously entitled attitude, so large in fact that he is currently sitting at home pouting and not even playing in the AHL is obviously worth the large, must be a 1st round pick plus solid prospect no question.

He needs to take a serious page from another 3rd overall pick in Cam Barker and start working his butt off because while he isn't entirely value less, he is worth little to nothing in relation to what yzerman is hoping to get for him.

I expect Drouin for Yakupov, straight up. 

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No chance that he is valueless as previously stated. Keep dreaming. Also, not suggesting that he gets the return or worth the return you mentioned above either. Truth is somewhere in the middle. Also, don't really think he has a huge entitlement issue.

As far as the WJC he was playing hurt.

37 minutes ago, canadiangunner said:

No chance that he is valueless as previously stated. Keep dreaming. Also, not suggesting that he gets the return or worth the return you mentioned above either. Truth is somewhere in the middle. Also, don't really think he has a huge entitlement issue.

As far as the WJC he was playing hurt.

play me or I'm going home.  Trade me or I'm going home.  Play me on the top line or I'm going home....seems like it might be a bit of an entitlement issue.  He's not going to be traded for just a rental, but he's also sure as hell not commanding any kind of return based on his draft position

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

play me or I'm going home.  Trade me or I'm going home.  Play me on the top line or I'm going home....seems like it might be a bit of an entitlement issue.  He's not going to be traded for just a rental, but he's also sure as hell not commanding any kind of return based on his draft position

He has an issue with Tampa and coach cooper (so does Stamkos). This is obvious. Tampa has also said they would welcome him back with open arms which tells me that his attitude is not a big issue and not one of entitlement as you are overhyping. He is not "commanding any kind of return based on his draft position"? Who made that argument? The argument was that he is "valueless" which in your own argument you have proven is a false statement. Drouin will cost a decent return. Enough of running around in cirlces on this one, time move on.

Had Drouin been playing and producing, a return for him would've commanded a player like Horvat or Virtanen (players showing tons of promise and an NHL ready game but still developing).

Now that he's chosen to refuse to play, while his asking price may have dropped a little, I can't see many, or any, GM's offering up a top 6 potential NHL ready prospect to take a chance on him.

I'd expect interested teams are offering higher end prospects like Gaunce that have less potential to be top 6 futures but not their top end guys like Shinkaruk, Virtanen, etc.

Unless Yzerman can find a team that has an excess of prospects in a certain position, he's probably going to have to accept a lesser trade. The longer Drouin sits, the less valuable he becomes.

IF he sits until the offseason, he may even end up being worth little more than a B level prospect and draft pick (s)

13 minutes ago, canadiangunner said:

He has an issue with Tampa and coach cooper (so does Stamkos). This is obvious. Tampa has also said they would welcome him back with open arms which tells me that his attitude is not a big issue and not one of entitlement as you are overhyping. He is not "commanding any kind of return based on his draft position"? Who made that argument? The argument was that he is "valueless" which in your own argument you have proven is a false statement. Drouin will cost a decent return. Enough of running around in cirlces on this one, time move on.

He has 40 points in 89 games playing on one of the highest offense teams in the league being spoon fed minutes and zone starts like AV did with Hodgson.  Hodgson went 1-1 with Kassian.

Hodgson had 35 points in 71 games before his trade.  

There's your comparable.  Work off of that and let me know what kind of return you think is fair

If drouins value wasnt sky high I would think Tampa would have traded him and moved on from this distraction. Moving him for something that can help them for a cup run may or may not sway Stamkos' view of the team. But stamkos is leaving tampa if he is going to be stuck as a winger. He wants to be a C, he can walk as a FA and teams will lineup for him to be their #1C

Warhippy- what do you think Drouin nets in a trade? 

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

If drouins value wasnt sky high I would think Tampa would have traded him and moved on from this distraction. Moving him for something that can help them for a cup run may or may not sway Stamkos' view of the team. But stamkos is leaving tampa if he is going to be stuck as a winger. He wants to be a C, he can walk as a FA and teams will lineup for him to be their #1C

I think Yzerman doesn't trade Drouin if he doesn't get at least a top four dman or a top six player. OR a grade A prospect. 

Be everything i've heard over the lsat 3 weeks it sounds like Hamhuis wants to stay in Vancouver long term. Now whether that means trading him for 3 months then signing him in Free Agency or if that means he doesn't want to move period i'm not sure. But I would learn towards the he doesn't want to be traded side right now.

18 hours ago, Yotes said:

Honestly, putting it to me?  Maybe a top 4 on a bad contract, middle 6 on the same plus a 3rd. Or a B prospect and 2nd.  Tops.  I can't see anyone giving anything of serious value.

Yak for Drouin 1-1 makes the most sense right now really

I wouldn't pay more than that really; not worth it.  Yzerman should have drafted Jones and didn't and now he's going to  pay for it.  

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

Be everything i've heard over the lsat 3 weeks it sounds like Hamhuis wants to stay in Vancouver long term. Now whether that means trading him for 3 months then signing him in Free Agency or if that means he doesn't want to move period i'm not sure. But I would learn towards the he doesn't want to be traded side right now.

I get that he doesn't want to but I expect he'll do what he is asked and what is best for the team 

22 hours ago, Warhippy said:

He has 40 points in 89 games playing on one of the highest offense teams in the league being spoon fed minutes and zone starts like AV did with Hodgson.  Hodgson went 1-1 with Kassian.

Hodgson had 35 points in 71 games before his trade.

There's your comparable.  Work off of that and let me know what kind of return you think is fair

Working off of a handpicked trade of your liking is not necessarily the way I would go with it. You were arguing that he is "valueless", which I stated he is not. Your arguments after that went on to reflect that Drouin is not valueless therefore discrediting your previous comment. Case closed, work off that skip.

57 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Honestly, putting it to me?  Maybe a top 4 on a bad contract, middle 6 on the same plus a 3rd. Or a B prospect and 2nd.  Tops.  I can't see anyone giving anything of serious value.

Yak for Drouin 1-1 makes the most sense right now really

I wouldn't pay more than that really; not worth it.  Yzerman should have drafted Jones and didn't and now he's going to  pay for it.  

Ya I think Tampa wants a cheap elc player back they are tight with the cap with key guys to sign this summer and soon after. Any names you can drop that would be  a trade for drouin?

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Ya I think Tampa wants a cheap elc player back they are tight with the cap with key guys to sign this summer and soon after. Any names you can drop that would be  a trade for drouin?

Really all we have is currently on our roster or in Utica.  Gaunce Subban Shinkaruk Grenier then Virtanen Horvat and McCaan possibly Hutton...

Honestly if we're moving sideways and gambling Shinkaruk or Gaunce is the way they go.  but I'd rather keep them.

25 minutes ago, Ace The Creator said:

Id like to see what San Jose would offer for Hamhuis...  They only have 2 picks in the 4th  round of the 2016 draft.

i would surely take their first pick of 2017 though...  I see that team dismantleing next season. Might be a high pick in the 2017 draft!

Archived