The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Add the Kings to teams interested in Dan Hamhuis.

Ilya Mikheyev

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

It's a huge mistake not trading hamhuis this year. Even more so after you factor in that we can resign him in the offseason.  Finally we are in a position of power in a trade. When is the last time that happens.  Kesler? No. Lu? No. Schneider?  No. Bieksa? No. Let's sell to the highest bidder and come away with a clear win. 

Not really, Hamhuis say no to waive and we can't even try to trade him.

Gillis was in the power of either trading Lu or Schneider. He just waited too long and fell out of power.

12 minutes ago, granpappy said:

we already 'stole' vey from them.  with jb's trading acumen, lombardi likely would shy away from any further embarrassment 

So you're saying JB will fleece Lombardi with something like Hamhuis and Gaunce for a third?

I wish the mods would combine all of these threads into 1 Hammer trade thread like we use to have for Luongo. It's hard to keep track of so many. 

remember when there was a discussion Luongo thread and a thread with just the news that you couldn't talk in?

that was so great. 

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

Fully agree. Gillis really ruined an amazing opportunity there. I love Horvat as well, love the kid, but the return for Schneider at the time was absolutely terrible. Especially when Edmonton offered the 7th(Nurse, who we could really use btw.), their second, and another prospect. Gillis is EXTREMELY lucky that Horvat's turning into something special. Same with Markstrom, that trade was abysmal. Gillis waited too long, and botched both trades so badly. At the time, both trades looked absolutely dreadful. 

Stop it! You are making me do the math.. And you are making me think that it's our fault Edmonton got mcdavid!  Lol if they had Schneider I'm sure their record would have been better by a large margin.. Ugh GMMG OUT GM'd again!  

28 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I wish the mods would combine all of these threads into 1 Hammer trade thread like we use to have for Luongo. It's hard to keep track of so many. 

remember when there was a discussion Luongo thread and a thread with just the news that you couldn't talk in?

that was so great. 

Agreed, I think the mods have either given up or the ones that were more on top of things have left and whoever is in control of this now doesnt care 

2 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Fully agree. Gillis really ruined an amazing opportunity there. I love Horvat as well, love the kid, but the return for Schneider at the time was absolutely terrible. Especially when Edmonton offered the 7th(Nurse, who we could really use btw.), their second, and another prospect. Gillis is EXTREMELY lucky that Horvat's turning into something special. Same with Markstrom, that trade was abysmal. Gillis waited too long, and botched both trades so badly. At the time, both trades looked absolutely dreadful. 

In hindsight when assessing what we got, the return is pretty good.

Lu for Markstrom

Schneids for Horvat. 

If the trade was to be done today, seeing how well Horvat and Markstrom are playing, would you not do the deal?

Just now, RRypien37 said:

In hindsight when assessing what we got, the return is pretty good.

Lu for Markstrom

Schneids for Horvat. 

If the trade was to be done today, seeing how well Horvat and Markstrom are playing, would you not do the deal?

Today sure, I'd definitely do those deals. Love both Markstrom and Horvat. Those two have the potential to carry this franchise far. Back then though when the deals happened, no. I would have drafted Nichushkin over Bo for sure. I might've dealt Lu anyway cause he wanted to be gone, but I wouldn't have been happy with getting Markstrom or Matthias. How things change in 2-3 years.

3 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Gillis snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Numerous GMs were shocked they never got a chance to bid on Schneider.  I am not disappointed with Bo but I am not a fan of the way Gillis handled Schneider, or Lu.  Two all star goalies gone in 12 months with not a lot of return.

Id say Horvat future captain and top 6 centre and Markstrom a #1 goalie for 5 years once miller is gone is a decent return. I agree thought we could have gotten much better!

3 minutes ago, mountainnuck said:

Still on the Gaunce hate train ,I see.

It was sarcasm.  I don't hate Gaunce.  I don't know him.  As a fan, I do have an opinion of his value to a Cup team.  I see him as valueless.  That's not to say he couldn't serve as a piece on a middle of the pack team.  If we're satisfied with finishing between 10 and 20 every year, than Gaunce would fit in as a middle six forward.  If we want to compete for, or win a Cup, there is no spot for him.  I don't hate Gaunce, I have an opinion on his value as a hockey player that differs from yours.  Search up troglodyte, then go look in a mirror.  :lol:. I love these boards!

Archived