The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Add the Kings to teams interested in Dan Hamhuis.

Ilya Mikheyev

1 minute ago, theminister said:

Lefty. Played beside Dean Stewart, who was a huge step down from the top pairing of Cholowski and Fabbro for the West team. 

Not that it matters, he'd be a late round project. 

he must have promise if he was in that top prospects game

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

he must have promise if he was in that top prospects game

It's tier II. Thats not true. 

Ask ForsbergTheGreat as he played in that league. Huge disparity in quality. 

There was Jost and Fabbro...followed far behind by Cairns and Grannary. Miller was the surprise for me. 

/ Jeffers was decent too. 

7 minutes ago, theminister said:

It's tier II. Thats not true. 

Ask ForsbergTheGreat as he played in that league. Huge disparity in quality. 

There was Jost and Fabbro...followed far behind by Cairns and Grannary. Miller was the surprise for me. 

/ Jeffers was decent too. 

ahh i see my bad, so this cdc guy he any good?

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

forsbergthe great was he any good?? has he revealed his name so everyone could look up his stats

No, but I know who he is.

He was quite good. Lead his team in scoring a couple of years and I saw him play in the RBC Cup, with eventual NHL players and outscored them. Good skill, tenacity and hockey sense. Took too many penalties and his skating wasn't exceptional, from what I remember. (I know you'll read this eventually FTG :P).

But he knows what he's talking about... I know that. CDC treats everyone the same. I don't.

On 2/12/2016 at 3:12 PM, Gooseberries said:

It's a huge mistake not trading hamhuis this year. Even more so after you factor in that we can resign him in the offseason.  Finally we are in a position of power in a trade. When is the last time that happens.  Kesler? No. Lu? No. Schneider?  No. Bieksa? No. Let's sell to the highest bidder and come away with a clear win. 

this

2 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

According to reports, Hamhuis hasn't been asked to waive. Don't expect anything. The Canucks still have delusional hopes of making the playoffs hence they are buying.

Right...and it also says:

reports Jay Janower of Global BC. Regardless, the 33-year-old admits he and his family are discussing their options as they anticipate a potential move.

4 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

According to reports, Hamhuis hasn't been asked to waive. Don't expect anything. The Canucks still have delusional hopes of making the playoffs hence they are buying.

They'll probably wait until after their game against San Jose to do it, giving them limited time to negotiate.

I expect a 2nd round pick at best if the deal goes down.

6 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Yeah that second part kinda reverses the headline - he knows it's coming. 

I hope they've at least had discussions about where he's willing to move to though.

If all of a sudden a deal from Tampa is made and all they need is Hamhuis to sign off on it, it might complicate things if he refuses to go.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope they've at least had discussions about where he's willing to move to though.

If all of a sudden a deal from Tampa is made and all they need is Hamhuis to sign off on it, it might complicate things if he refuses to go.

I'm sure they have - the whole 'I haven't been asked to waive' line always seems like a bit of legal dodging to me.

No he hasn't been asked to waive - which requires the exchange of documents between the player, agent, team, and counsel for all of the above.  However, he probably has been told that it's likely that he'll be traded, and I'm sure some possible destinations have been made.

Think back to the Bieksa trade - they didn't ask him to waive until the last minute, but we learned later that he had ample time to go down to San Jose and check it out (before that trade fell through).

On 20/02/2016 at 7:32 PM, theminister said:

No, but I know who he is.

He was quite good. Lead his team in scoring a couple of years and I saw him play in the RBC Cup, with eventual NHL players and outscored them. Good skill, tenacity and hockey sense. Took too many penalties and his skating wasn't exceptional, from what I remember. (I know you'll read this eventually FTG :P).

But he knows what he's talking about... I know that. CDC treats everyone the same. I don't.

agreed, good poster

Archived