The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose to Marlies 5-2

Stanky Legs

We need this rebuild done soon because we are wasting the Sedins right now. Like many I have thoroughly enjoyed everything they mean to the team and city. Class guys all the way. 

If we are going to go nowhere we should set them free to win a Cup before they retire. They deserve it.

i saw Henrik's frustration tonight and I truly feel badly for them. 

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Ironic, that the same people screaming for a tank job are the same ones whining the loudest when the team loses.  Sorry kids, can't have it both ways -- if you demand a crappy team, you better sack up and accept it when it comes.

They also use the word 'hate' a lot, which can't be healthy.

2 minutes ago, bluesman60 said:

If you are a professional hockey player, if all it takes to throw you off your game is a coaching decision on who dresses, you have no business calling yourself a pro.

It's a matter of team and trusting your coach. It's way more than "professionalism" I hated it when I played and get to a level where it was all politics and favouritism. 

Its kills the soul of a team 

Willie is killing this team 

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Ironic, that the same people screaming for a tank job are the same ones whining the loudest when the team loses.  Sorry kids, can't have it both ways -- if you demand a crappy team, you better sack up and accept it when it comes.

Sorry pops the kids are complaining about a heartless disorganized mess. That's not exactly what tanking means. Educate yourself in the art of tanking. 

22 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

your posts are better?...others can tear the team down and that's okay but those of us who stick by the team in times of failures are not allowed to post?...isn't that a double standard?

You're no better of a fan because you choose to publicly state you are. A fan can be critical of the team and this team is a bloody mess. It doesn't do justice to the legacy of the team. 

I can't control your posts, nor would I want to. 

Being a fan isn't defined by blindly supporting a mishmash, thrown together team that is failing. 

Being subjective and honest about this roster is better than fruitlessly believing that somehow this ragtag, poorly coached punchline will somehow manage to squeak into the playoffs and do anything resembling damage. 

best case scenario: Hammer is traded for a first and a mid level prospect, burrows  is dealt for a 3rd, Weber is waived again once he ensures the tank goes smoothly, we finish 28th or worse and Willie the incompetent is freed at seasons end. but with this ownership I think he really wants the revenue from those 2 playoff games.

22 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

This trade deadline and how it is handled will be the deciding factor on weather or not I still have faith in management.

For the first time in 27 years of being a fan of the Vancouver Canucks, I can say I will stop watching this team for the rest of the year if benning buys at the deadline.  I will boycott this team if once again management mortgages the future to make a few bucks for the owners with some playoff games.  

We need to start drafting some ELITE talent.  This team needs to do this the right way, the Canucks have done the same bull crap the past 45 years and it hasn't worked, why keep doing it?  We need a full PROPER rebuild.

And don't get me started on Willie,  don't get me wrong, I understand he doesn't have the best players to work with, but even if he did have the best players to work with he would be playing his 4th liners.  This coach is clueless.  He has not proven he belongs in the NHL himself.  

It's almost as if the team is a business...

2 hours ago, Blackberries said:

2 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

This is my opinion as well. Greedy Aquilini's won't let him rebuild. It's all about playoffs so they can make more money.

Sedins
Edler
Hamhuis
Hansen
Tanev
Markstrom

That's about all that's left from when JB came in, less than 2 years ago.  What's left to "tear down" -- trade the Sedins?

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sedins
Edler
Hamhuis
Hansen
Tanev
Markstrom

That's about all that's left from when JB came in, less than 2 years ago.  What's left to "tear down" -- trade the Sedins?

Shsssh.... don't let the CDC sheep hear that....   they will call you unpatriotic/ traitor etc... 

You might want to edit your post. quick.

You are allowed to post pretty much anything but you are not allowed to examine a team that doesn't have a  43 year old Hank and Danny on it...

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Shsssh.... don't let the CDC sheep hear that....   they will call you unpatriotic/ traitor etc... 

You might want to edit your post. quick.

You are allowed to post pretty much anything but you are not allowed to examine a team that doesn't have a  43 year old Hank and Danny on it...

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sedins
Edler
Hamhuis
Hansen
Tanev
Markstrom

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you were referring that Benning has pretty much completed the tear down now time to rebuild? 

23 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

21 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

They also use the word 'hate' a lot, which can't be healthy.

Can't defend the team? Piss and moan about the fans! 

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sedins
Edler
Hamhuis
Hansen
Tanev
Markstrom

No but we can trade:

Hamhuis, Vrbata, Miller, Burrows and potentially Edler to "tear down" so to speak. 

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

I hate that I share this team with such putrid fans. 

"We want a rebuild" hahaha 

Going from the leagues longest consecutive sell out streak to a building full of leaf fans on Flying skate night sure tells ownership your ready. 

There wasn't even enough people to boo the team off the ice. 

Is that the fans fault or the mediocre product for the last five years?

Archived