The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose to Marlies 5-2

Stanky Legs

Columbus, Calgary and Toronto. Good teams, playoff teams do not get spanked by them. At home. After the All Star break. With rest. Playing teams with less rest.

Edmonton just spanked Toronto 2 days ago! Then they come to our home turf and spank us 5-2. 

Time to make some trades and get ready for next year. Do it while other teams are still looking for players.

6 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

if this is true, we as a fanbase is screwed. How the hell are we ever going to win a cup by being mediocre every year? Gillis had two top 1st to work with during the SCF run. so how the helllllllllllll are we going to back to the finals with a bunch of 2-way guys? horrible if true. 

The fanbase will dictate to the brain dead ownership by not paying for tickets. Starve them.  

21 minutes ago, Blackberries said:

I dont understand. Why would the ownership want to win with an aging roster. Is it because there would be less fans if they rebuild? Which means.... He wouldnt get his money?

JUST REBUILD PLSSSS.

does the owner work with the management. Like when they make decisions, are the owners there sitting with the management,are they flying with the team and the management groupwhen they have a road trip? or they just sit in their homes.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What other reason for not allowing JB to rebuild could there be, other than economic?

I just it it's the accepted wisdom here in Canada. The thinking is we'd rather be fed a bunch of tarted up malarkey about 'going for it' with no weapons than here about realistic plan for success that works with US fans. The thinking is the Canadian media will organize a fan revolt or something at the very mention of a careful, calculated plan to build a contender over time and that fans have the patience of five year old children with ADHD.

Country club effort

How many times are they going to play Weber to only realize that he is not an NHL player (worrisome that JB is considered as having a nose for talent and has Weber in the line up)

Sedins get paid 7 Million per year...the last half dozen games, they have been floating and the others are following their example

2 minutes ago, Van 'Nuck said:

I dont understand. Why would the ownership want to win with an aging roster. Is it because there would be less fans if they rebuild? Which means.... He wouldnt get his money?

JUST REBUILD PLSSSS.

does the owner work with the management. Like when they make decisions, are the owners there sitting with the management,are they flying with the team and the management groupwhen they have a road trip? or they just sit in their homes.

Would be shocked if Elliot said this without any truth to it.

If Aquaman wants to make the playoff, he better fire WD himself, not Jim Benning firing WD. Yes, I'm speaking to you, Aquaman.   If the ownership meddling rumor is true, and if you wants to make the playoff, fire the coach yourself and you may save the season and the playoff money you are seeking after and let Jim Benning keep the job by the drafting.   If you ever touch Benning to axe him after the season, the future is done for decade, you won't make any money out of this because you will be seeing empty arena night after night.  Benning is the best drafting GM the team ever had and he can rebuild this team fast than you'd think.  It showed that Benning did a bad job because of you, Aquaman. Either, you let the management work, or you better get yourself out of hockey business by selling the team to any owner who might want to keep this team in the city.     Face it, you have lost the room and the respect but money will never leave you but you lose respect by your fans in the city screaming for a good hockey team by letting management work the magic.  If you meddle and it does not work out, you better fire yourself instead by letting the management do the heavy lifting.   Harold Ballard is the best example of ownership meddling, look where it took Toronto is in 70's, 80's it takes decades to get back to respectability.   Do not blew it, Aquaman.  (Speaking to myself, I would bet Aquaman doesn't read message board and won't even see my post anyways).  You only get one shot by having a good hockey team again if Jin Benning's reputation as a drafting guru is true, then let him do his job. 

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I just it it's the accepted wisdom here in Canada. The thinking is we'd rather be fed a bunch of tarted up malarkey about 'going for it' with no weapons than here about realistic plan for success that works with US fans. The thinking is the Canadian media will organize a fan revolt or something at the very mention of a careful, calculated plan to build a contender over time and that fans have the patience of five year old children with ADHD.

That sounds economic.  I accept the Canadian fan is known for a fanatical passion.  I still don't see a reason, other than economic, why we don't go full rebuild?  

So the conversation went something like this. 

Owners/TL meeting

TL:" I think we should push for picks this year. Injuries are too much to recover from and we are a soft core"

Owners: "No way, just do what you can to make the playoffs. The league will not allow this team to go far regardless of how good we are so why would I take chances for a better team. I say stick with what you have and make the fans believe. Fans will buy tickets if you can just have a chance to get in to the playoffs. they will not come for 1/3 of the season if we tank." 

TL: "OK you are the owners"

TL/GMJB/WD meeting

TL: "OK guys, we have to pretend we are trying to make it to the playoffs but don't tell anyone, I mean anyone, we must tank secretly"

GMJB: "perfect, we need to restock and get much tougher. we are pansies and a laughing stock. Willie, just roll the lines in a bad way; most fans and the owners will not suspect anything." 

WD: "OK JB, but just protect me when the media calls for my head."

GMJB: "Don't worry Willie, you will take the public fall but you will win in the end. I will make sure you are looked after." 

Enter the Marlies

Just now, Alflives said:

That sounds economic.  I accept the Canadian fan is known for a fanatical passion.  I still don't see a reason, other than economic, why we don't go full rebuild?  

No, I think it's a media myth. Toronto is about to knock this theory to smithereens. But it has long prevailed in Canada that you can't do a proper rebuild up here. Media has always been a huge disadvantage for us.

1 hour ago, fwybwed said:

Lol what can we do...as fans...? Really....accept it. BUT I won't be buying anymore jerseys or tickets to support them until they become winners again. not wasting my hard earned money 

This is exactly why ownership won't rebuild. 

Vancouver can't handle one.

This city is far too fair weather. 

Archived