The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks lose to Marlies 5-2

Stanky Legs

5 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

The reload on the fly has back fired now the unthinkable has arrived knocking on the door,a full rebuild not out of the question now as can be seen from the number of posts calling out for some hope

Feels more like a rebuild on the glide. If we make a soft landing might be a rebuild on the slide.

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

One thing I don't get: Why do people still hate Vey?

He has 8 points in 21 games playing only in the bottom 6 and with 2nd unit PP time.

Is it just because WD likes him?

In WD's language, he has been very good.  Very good, I say.   He's my boy from Medicine Hat days.  I'm so proud of him. 

4 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

One thing I don't get: Why do people still hate Vey?

He has 8 points in 21 games playing only in the bottom 6 and with 2nd unit PP time.

Is it just because WD likes him?

Because it's ridiculous to hate Higgy all the way in Utica. CDC needs a goat.

1 hour ago, Crimson-JH said:

Never wear throwback jerseys ever again... This team is cursed when they wear those... 

I think the jersey's were the least of concern lol actually thought the team looked way better in the old black beauties.  Too bad the actual team playing is absolute garbage 

As of right now these are the bottom 8 teams, question is which 3 of these dogs can pass us so that we get into a top 5 pick position:

23. Vancouver    56                                                         
24. Ottawa          56                                                      
25. Calgary         53                                                     
26. Columbus     52                                                       
27. Winnipeg      51                                                     
28 Buffalo           50                                                     
29. Toronto        49                                                        
30. Edmonton    49

13 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

So the conversation went something like this. 

Owners/TL meeting

TL: I think we should push for picks this year. Injuries are too much to recover from and we are a soft core

Owners: No way, just do what you can to make the playoffs. The league will not allow this team to go far regardless of how good we are so why would I take chances for a better team. I say stick with what you have and make the fans believe. Fans will buy tickets if you can just have a chance to get in to the playoffs. they will not come for 1/3 of the season if we tank. 

TL: OK you are the owners

TL/GMJB/WD meeting

TL: OK guys, we have to pretend we are trying to make it to the playoffs but don't tell anyone, I mean anyone, we must tank secretly

GMJB: perfect, we need to restock and get much tougher. we are pansies and a laughing stock. Willie, just roll the lines in a bad way; most fans will not suspect anything. 

WD: OK JB, but just protect me when the media calls for my head.

GMJB: Don't worry Willie, you will take the public fall but you will win in the end. I will make sure you are looked after. 

Enter the Marlies

Haha pretty much

All you can is embarrassing!.  I'm a die hard Canucks fan but the Leafs played tonight like they were battling for a playoff spot and we played like we already had one and don't care.....only we don't and should.

Either our team came into saying "Oh it's the leafs they suck this year, we got this and we don't have to even play full out hockey and we will still win" or we just flat out had the worst game of the season with piss poor effort all around.   Either way because I know our team is better than this and they didn't even come close to playing real hockey tonight, our team played like they drank like fish last night and dealing with it in this game tonight.

13 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

So the conversation went something like this. 

Owners/TL meeting

TL: I think we should push for picks this year. Injuries are too much to recover from and we are a soft core

Owners: No way, just do what you can to make the playoffs. The league will not allow this team to go far regardless of how good we are so why would I take chances for a better team. I say stick with what you have and make the fans believe. Fans will buy tickets if you can just have a chance to get in to the playoffs. they will not come for 1/3 of the season if we tank. 

TL: OK you are the owners

TL/GMJB/WD meeting

TL: OK guys, we have to pretend we are trying to make it to the playoffs but don't tell anyone, I mean anyone, we must tank secretly

GMJB: perfect, we need to restock and get much tougher. we are pansies and a laughing stock. Willie, just roll the lines in a bad way; most fans will not suspect anything. 

WD: OK JB, but just protect me when the media calls for my head.

GMJB: Don't worry Willie, you will take the public fall but you will win in the end. I will make sure you are looked after. 

Enter the Marlies

Brain exploding

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

As of right now these are the bottom 8 teams, question is which 3 of these dogs can pass us so that we get into a top 5 pick position:

23. Vancouver    56                                                         
24. Ottawa          56                                                      
25. Calgary         53                                                     
26. Columbus     52                                                       
27. Winnipeg      51                                                     
28 Buffalo           50                                                     
29. Toronto        49                                                        
30. Edmonton    49

If the team keeps playing like tonight...all of those dogs will pass us.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

23. Vancouver    56                                                         
24. Ottawa          56                                                      
25. Calgary         53                                                     
26. Columbus     52                                                       
27. Winnipeg      51                                                     
28 Buffalo           50                                                     
29. Toronto        49                                                        
30. Edmonton    49

Which one can't pass us is a better question. 

I'm not mad, the result today might be the best thing for this team moving forward. If having their asses handed to them by Toronto of all teams doesn't signal to ownership and management that the Canucks need a true rebuild then they are completely delusional and there is no hope. This game should be the icing on the rebuild cake.

Why is everyone so down, seems like we just lost a playoff round.

Leafs are a rebuilding team, Canucks are a rebuilding team. One bottom feeder team beat another bottom feeder team. Why are so many people so sad, embarrassed and angry.

Are you guys really all that surprised that the Leafs could beat the Canucks? They're very well coached team, got embarrassed by McDavid last game, you know they were gonna play hard. 

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

This feels like the bottom but I know it isn't.  When Edmonton comes to town with their plethora of top picks and dance us for 60 minutes...that will be the bottom.

I dont know QUIB, i rather have Oiler  junior super stars beat them than Mark Arcobello and the Marlies....

I love the hate on Willie. People can't actually be that delusional to think the coach is holding us back. It's comical! Hey guess what people, the Canucks are a bad team! Bad teams usually don't make the playoffs! 

Wow what an abstract thought! Who could've possibly thought we are a BAD team, BETTER off not making the playoffs. The coach can't carry this awful team to the playoffs, better get rid of him. We all know every successful organization goes through 3 coaches in 4 seasons, hiring a 4th one for the 5th season in that span! 

Archived