The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Hunger Games

Master Radishes

11 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I'd argue for lynching one of the guys who voted for him last round, and then jumped to attack him again early this one.

It's the most base Mafia strategy to find someone that will look bad next round, and start the lynch attempts on in the next one.

If someone's chasing someone you know isn't mafia, you let them, while somewhat silently go, "No, don't do that". So the next time you can just rush the guy out of the game, and go "oops, but he was suspicions," and get away with it.

Easy double TP kill, using the TP's only tool.

Are you referring to the BW voters?

18 minutes ago, otherwise said:

so quiet today.

Just going to touch on this first. Otherwise, you haven't given your opinion on anything relevant all game. You've pretty much only argued with my posts.

Re: Aladeen - You didn't say anything. You backed off the bandwagon when it got going but didn't say if you were for or against it.

Re: BW lynch - Despite all the posts you've written about me I don't think you've given your stance on whether you think I'm town or scum? Thoughts on that?

50 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Really? Or maybe, I wasn't on CDC until now.

This is where I disagree. Aladeen was acting incredibly suspicious and nearly everyone, myself included, was sure he was mafia. It was a great opportunity for BW to make his mark on the game by pushing the Aladeen lynch, knowing he wouldn't face much suspicion for lynching the most suspicious player. And it would also get rid of a very active TP, without even using a mafia kill.

Some of the things he said after the Aladeen votes piled on seemed suspicious. I didn't think it meant anything at the time because I still thought BW was TP despite some suspicious posts, which any active player would be bound to make. But now I see their relevance.

"Aladeen's certainly deserving of the votes but we need a good counter-wagon.

I propose fwybwed. He provides way less spew than Aladeen so he's a decent option. 

vote fwybwed"   - Why does he just randomly come up with the idea of a counter wagon? I know he says that Aladeen provides spew but he never considered this before. And then he called me out on not realizing this, lol. Also, BW should've know that Aladeen wasn't going to provide spew after BW openly said this. 

Later, he tries to start a counter wagon against Jazz as well. To me, all this just seems like BW is afraid that we'll call him out on getting Aladeen lynched, but he'll look better if the votes are close and he made cases against others. Or maybe, BW was trying to get fwy/jazz lynched in round 1 and leave Aladeen to round 2, letting Aladeen's presence derail all other scum-hunting, and giving the town an easy target in round 2.

He then makes a lynch pool of 4 people despite ignoring the lynch pool for the whole round up until that point, further proving my point. But when he realizes that everyone sees Aladeen as the top suspect, he goes back to saying Aladeen is textbook mafia Aladeen and votes for him.

Also, I remember a point when he called out JL for having TMI on Aladeen. Yet BW strongly believed Aladeen to be mafia, so why even consider the TMI thing until round 2, if Aladeen turned up TP? Conditional reads are an easy way for mafia to scum-hunt, when the conditions haven't yet been met.

Finally, BW wasn't targeted by the Career kill. He was saved by the medkit, but we know that Doughty said he was killing BW, so the save could have easily been from that one kill, meaning no one else targeted him. Furthermore, Jay Jay was killed last night. And guess what? He was one of the few people calling BW out as mafia.

So yeah, I don't think it's outrageous that BW could be mafia based on how round 1 went down. Vote BW.

2nd try:

This is a solid write up. At least you tried to justify your vote...

The sole purpose of the counter-wagon and lynch pool is to promote discussion. I didn't want the mafia to have the 'easy' option of just voting Aladeen and being done with it. When there's a cw and lynch pool, people are forced to talk about them in order to not look out of place and those discussion lead to great analysis fodder in later rounds once people flip scum.

Aladeen was always in my sights after I (wrongly) determined he was mafia. I only tried to start the fwy/jazz wagons to see how people would respond.

JL thinking Aladeen was TP so confidently really struck me as potential TMI when everything was suggesting Aladeen was scum imo. Even though I thought Aladeen would flip mafia I still couldn't let that go unnoticed.

Now tell me TL, do you really think that if I were mafia and you're TP, I would kill all those others players instead of you? Never.

I just can't wrap my head around the mafia going after players like Doughty and JJ (no offense but you guys are still nee) but not you, TL. You're a top mafia player and any mafia that knows what they're doing would see you as a threat and take you out if they had the chance.

18 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Just going to touch on this first. Otherwise, you haven't given your opinion on anything relevant all game. You've pretty much only argued with my posts.

Re: Aladeen - You didn't say anything. You backed off the bandwagon when it got going but didn't say if you were for or against it.

Re: BW lynch - Despite all the posts you've written about me I don't think you've given your stance on whether you think I'm town or scum? Thoughts on that?

Here:

4 hours ago, otherwise said:

But in all seriousness I do think it's odd that my 2  joke votes from last round (al and Jazz) some how got (some) traction. I do agree with Aladeen that there is prob 1-2 mafia in the GK list. In a game like this mafia staying under the radar is key, there is no way to confirm mafia. All they have to do is watch people throw accusations around and get people sure that so-and-so is mafia that people submit kills and votes on their TP teammate.

you literally posted next.

As for TP or mafia:I think you're a bully.

As I was going to say:

Vote Kakanucks - Confidence 90%

26 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

It could also mean you're mafia though, and that you don't suck.

You're an obvious choice for a kingpin to pick as well.

Only reason I'm not lynching Virt right now is because I can't see a KP picking him and then not me. Too much WIFOM, I know.

3 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Now tell me TL, do you really think that if I were mafia and you're TP, I would kill all those others players instead of you? Never.

I just can't wrap my head around the mafia going after players like Doughty and JJ (no offense but you guys are still nee) but not you, TL. You're a top mafia player and any mafia that knows what they're doing would see you as a threat and take you out if they had the chance.

Okay first of all, you're the only person that would've been an obvious choice to kill regardless of anything. For the rest of us, the mafia probably factor other things in like how accurate they are.

If you're mafia and you didn't kill me, it might be because I'm inaccurate, or you think that I always trust you and realize that I've been blindly trusting the wrong people the past two games.

You can't bring up the Doughty kill as evidence. If the mafia killed Doughty, isn't everyone a mafia suspect then? Nearly everyone is a stronger threat than Doughty (sorry Doughty). You can't single me out on this one. I think you know very well that either they killed him because he was an obvious TP (who would pick Doughty?) or a TP killed him because they don't like him.

And with JJ, I explained that he was one of the few people who suspected you. He's also talkative and posts vote occurences.

The following is presented as a public service by  RIP Press, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ghostly Press, a division of Wraith Publishing Inc.

Final - Round One Vote Occurrences

page 5  - Game On!!
         5  - Alad votes Baer
         8  - Alad unvotes Baer - votes Zfetch
         9  - JL votes BW
        10 - JL unvotes BW - votes KH
        12 - Alad unvotes Zfetch - votes otherwise
             - otherwise votes Alad
        15 - DC votes Alad
             - Zfetch votes BW
        16 - Alad unvotes otherwise - votes BW
        17 - Zfetch unvotes BW
        19 - Dral votes Alad
        20 - Baer votes Alad
             - Lew votes Alad
             - otherwise unvotes Alad
        22 - KH votes Alad
        24 - Virt votes Jay
        26 - TL votes Alad
             - otherwise votes Jazz
        27 - Dr.S votes Alad
        28 - fwybwed votes Alad
             - Virt unvotes Jay - votes JL
        29 - BW votes fwybwed
             - Jazz votes Dral
             - fwybwed votes BW - did not unvote Alad
        30 - M&H votes fwybwed
        31 - Dral unvotes Alad - votes fwybwed
        32 - Dral unvotes fwybwed - votes Jazz
             - BW unvotes fwybwed - votes Jazz
             - Baer unvotes Alad
             - Baer votes fwybwed
        33 - JL unvotes KH - votes BW
             - Zfetch votes Dral
        34 - Virt unvotes JL - votes Dral
        35 - Kaka votes fwybwed
        37 - BW votes Alad ( voted Jazz previously)
             - M&H unvotes fwybwed - votes Alad
             - Jay votes BW
        38 - KD votes Alad

Page 38 - NIGHT FALL

Final - Round One Vote Count - by Master Radishes

Aladeen - 8 (DoughtysCheck, Lewitelli, King Heffy, Time Lord,

Dr.Strangelove, Beluga Whale, milk and honey, Kazmanian Devil)

Beluga Whale - 4 (Aladeen, fwybwed, JohnLocke, JAY JAY)

Dral - 3 (thejazz97, Zfetch, Virtanen87)

thejazz97 - 2 (otherwise, Dral)

fwybwed - 2 (Baer., Kakanucks)

No vote - 5 (g_bassi13, Go Faulk Yourself, OurTimeToShine, Baka,

Qwags)

2 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Here:

you literally posted next.

As for TP or mafia:I think you're a bully.

OK I guess there's that but in a game where you've posted at least 30 times, that's a really low amount of scum-hunting.

Why didn't you say anything about Aladeen when he was going to be lynched or when his bandwagon was gaining speed?

How about a real answer for the last question. Lean scum or lean town?

12 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Okay first of all, you're the only person that would've been an obvious choice to kill regardless of anything. For the rest of us, the mafia probably factor other things in like how accurate they are.

If you're mafia and you didn't kill me, it might be because I'm inaccurate, or you think that I always trust you and realize that I've been blindly trusting the wrong people the past two games.

You can't bring up the Doughty kill as evidence. If the mafia killed Doughty, isn't everyone a mafia suspect then? Nearly everyone is a stronger threat than Doughty (sorry Doughty). You can't single me out on this one. I think you know very well that either they killed him because he was an obvious TP (who would pick Doughty?) or a TP killed him because they don't like him.

And with JJ, I explained that he was one of the few people who suspected you. He's also talkative and posts vote occurences.

You make decent points but I still find it really unlikely that they didn't target you when they had 5-7 kills to use. Same goes for Virt. 

4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

OK I guess there's that but in a game where you've posted at least 30 times, that's a really low amount of scum-hunting.

Why didn't you say anything about Aladeen when he was going to be lynched or when his bandwagon was gaining speed?

How about a real answer for the last question. Lean scum or lean town?

I did say it was a joke, a retaliation joke. He voted for me first and I voted him back.

you can look at one of JAY JAY's vote occurances, I'm not going back again to find that.

Why do you care? you think I'm bad at this game anyway.

I'm not only calling you a bully just for what you say to me and how you constantly pick at me, but what you said to Aladeen last night along with some other times where you just take your attack too far. It's a game for fun.

7 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

RE: Being a bully: 

We're playing a competitive game. This isn't a normal situation where we're having a friendly discourse. For me to be effective I'm going to call out everything and probably make you feel uncomfortable. Sorry if that makes you feel bullied but I'm trying to win.

so, sorry, not sorry. If that's what you mean then say it and keep it movin.

Just now, otherwise said:

I did say it was a joke, a retaliation joke. He voted for me first and I voted him back.

you can look at one of JAY JAY's vote occurances, I'm not going back again to find that.

Why do you care? you think I'm bad at this game anyway.

I'm not only calling you a bully just for what you say to me and how you constantly pick at me, but what you said to Aladeen last night along with some other times where you just take your attack too far. It's a game for fun.

No I mean the Aladeen lynch. You'd think a TP would want to mention if they were for or against the idea.

You're avoiding the question. Of course I care about why, that's why I'm berating you with questions.

What did I say to Aladeen? I guarantee whatever it was wasn't as bad as what he said that got his posts removed.

The thing that scares me about lynching BW is that there was 4 successful kill attempts. Wouldn't there be more than 4 Mafia in the game? Makes me think the failed attempt on BW was by Mafia. If I was Mafia, I would've wanted my team to use the attempts immediately, as it's too valuable of a tool to let go to waste (in the case of a TP striking gold and killing Mafia)

10 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

It did it again. Is it happening to anyone else where you submit, everything disappears and then it say ' This field is required 'in the bottom left?

I'm raging harder than when otherwise tries to use fallacious arguments against me.

This happens when you delete a quote. Just copy your post before hitting submit.

Archived