The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Hunger Games

Master Radishes

Kakanucks, TL, Kaz, GFY and bassi are all decent scum/lynch candidates imo. I think most of them are slanking right now because they don't want to give their thoughts on me without looking suspicious af.

After further review I think JL and fwybwed are TP.

I'll do a thorough analysis of everything when I get home from work.

Aladeen, cool it with the insults. Im sorry I helped lynched you but it's not like I was the only one who thought you were mafia.

23 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Kakanucks, TL, Kaz, GFY and bassi are all decent scum/lynch candidates imo. I think most of them are slanking right now because they don't want to give their thoughts on me without looking suspicious af.

After further review I think JL and fwybwed are TP.

I'll do a thorough analysis of everything when I get home from work.

Aladeen, cool it with the insults. Im sorry I helped lynched you but it's not like I was the only one who thought you were mafia.

After reading through the thread, I agree with this list, myself included. I don't think it's wrong to look out for inactive or unhelpful TP here. I didn't intend to not contribute or vote last round, but if I were mafia, I totally would have. For a game with a killing system like this one has, it's best not to say anything, or stick your head out for the risk of it being chopped off by anyone in the game who gets an inkling in one direction.

And yeah, I disappeared last night after giving a bit of discussion, but not really adding much. I can admit to that, and that I look scummy (Isn't that typical?).

Did all of the Mafia use their one kill last night? I assume they did. I think it'd be dumb for any TPs to have used it TBH since we were all extremely unsure of eachother.

But, BW, if you're not lynched tonight, I can say that I'm pretty sure someone will use their kill on you. Not myself, but someone will likely do it.

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Really? Or maybe, I wasn't on CDC until now.

58 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Also, people, don't vote out BW. Don't be silly. Like he would go so hard after Aladeen if he were actually Mafia. It's not like he was just merged into that bandwagon, nudging it along. Pick someone out who was doing that instead.

This is where I disagree. Aladeen was acting incredibly suspicious and nearly everyone, myself included, was sure he was mafia. It was a great opportunity for BW to make his mark on the game by pushing the Aladeen lynch, knowing he wouldn't face much suspicion for lynching the most suspicious player. And it would also get rid of a very active TP, without even using a mafia kill.

Some of the things he said after the Aladeen votes piled on seemed suspicious. I didn't think it meant anything at the time because I still thought BW was TP despite some suspicious posts, which any active player would be bound to make. But now I see their relevance.

"Aladeen's certainly deserving of the votes but we need a good counter-wagon.

I propose fwybwed. He provides way less spew than Aladeen so he's a decent option. 

vote fwybwed"   - Why does he just randomly come up with the idea of a counter wagon? I know he says that Aladeen provides spew but he never considered this before. And then he called me out on not realizing this, lol. Also, BW should've know that Aladeen wasn't going to provide spew after BW openly said this. 

Later, he tries to start a counter wagon against Jazz as well. To me, all this just seems like BW is afraid that we'll call him out on getting Aladeen lynched, but he'll look better if the votes are close and he made cases against others. Or maybe, BW was trying to get fwy/jazz lynched in round 1 and leave Aladeen to round 2, letting Aladeen's presence derail all other scum-hunting, and giving the town an easy target in round 2.

He then makes a lynch pool of 4 people despite ignoring the lynch pool for the whole round up until that point, further proving my point. But when he realizes that everyone sees Aladeen as the top suspect, he goes back to saying Aladeen is textbook mafia Aladeen and votes for him.

Also, I remember a point when he called out JL for having TMI on Aladeen. Yet BW strongly believed Aladeen to be mafia, so why even consider the TMI thing until round 2, if Aladeen turned up TP? Conditional reads are an easy way for mafia to scum-hunt, when the conditions haven't yet been met.

Finally, BW wasn't targeted by the Career kill. He was saved by the medkit, but we know that Doughty said he was killing BW, so the save could have easily been from that one kill, meaning no one else targeted him. Furthermore, Jay Jay was killed last night. And guess what? He was one of the few people calling BW out as mafia.

So yeah, I don't think it's outrageous that BW could be mafia based on how round 1 went down. Vote BW.

11 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Really? Or maybe, I wasn't on CDC until now.

This is where I disagree. Aladeen was acting incredibly suspicious and nearly everyone, myself included, was sure he was mafia. It was a great opportunity for BW to make his mark on the game by pushing the Aladeen lynch, knowing he wouldn't face much suspicion for lynching the most suspicious player. And it would also get rid of a very active TP, without even using a mafia kill.

Some of the things he said after the Aladeen votes piled on seemed suspicious. I didn't think it meant anything at the time because I still thought BW was TP despite some suspicious posts, which any active player would be bound to make. But now I see their relevance.

"Aladeen's certainly deserving of the votes but we need a good counter-wagon.

I propose fwybwed. He provides way less spew than Aladeen so he's a decent option. 

vote fwybwed"   - Why does he just randomly come up with the idea of a counter wagon? I know he says that Aladeen provides spew but he never considered this before. And then he called me out on not realizing this, lol. Also, BW should've know that Aladeen wasn't going to provide spew after BW openly said this. 

Later, he tries to start a counter wagon against Jazz as well. To me, all this just seems like BW is afraid that we'll call him out on getting Aladeen lynched, but he'll look better if the votes are close and he made cases against others. Or maybe, BW was trying to get fwy/jazz lynched in round 1 and leave Aladeen to round 2, letting Aladeen's presence derail all other scum-hunting, and giving the town an easy target in round 2.

He then makes a lynch pool of 4 people despite ignoring the lynch pool for the whole round up until that point, further proving my point. But when he realizes that everyone sees Aladeen as the top suspect, he goes back to saying Aladeen is textbook mafia Aladeen and votes for him.

Also, I remember a point when he called out JL for having TMI on Aladeen. Yet BW strongly believed Aladeen to be mafia, so why even consider the TMI thing until round 2, if Aladeen turned up TP? Conditional reads are an easy way for mafia to scum-hunt, when the conditions haven't yet been met.

Finally, BW wasn't targeted by the Career kill. He was saved by the medkit, but we know that Doughty said he was killing BW, so the save could have easily been from that one kill, meaning no one else targeted him. Furthermore, Jay Jay was killed last night. And guess what? He was one of the few people calling BW out as mafia.

So yeah, I don't think it's outrageous that BW could be mafia based on how round 1 went down. Vote BW.

BW did mention multiple medkits though, somewhere in the thread. If he had those, couldn't it have saved him from potentially non-Doughty related kills, assuming Doughty even put one on him? It didn't specify how many times he was targeted in the nightfall, just that he was saved.

Aladeen did look shady yes. That's why I'd argue BW was chasing him. If I were here, and I had read the thread as I have today, I would have chased after him too. My argument was that if he was at the forefront of lynching a TP, why would he do that as a TP himself? That doesn't make sense to me. You want to lynch the TP, but you don't want to be the one that looks guilty after it. He put himself in that position,

I'd argue for lynching one of the guys who voted for him last round, and then jumped to attack him again early this one.

It's the most base Mafia strategy to find someone that will look bad next round, and start the lynch attempts on in the next one.

If someone's chasing someone you know isn't mafia, you let them, while somewhat silently go, "No, don't do that". So the next time you can just rush the guy out of the game, and go "oops, but he was suspicions," and get away with it.

Easy double TP kill, using the TP's only tool.

8 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

BW did mention multiple medkits though, somewhere in the thread. If he had those, couldn't it have saved him from potentially non-Doughty related kills, assuming Doughty even put one on him? It didn't specify how many times he was targeted in the nightfall, just that he was saved.

Aladeen did look shady yes. That's why I'd argue BW was chasing him. If I were here, and I had read the thread as I have today, I would have chased after him too. My argument was that if he was at the forefront of lynching a TP, why would he do that as a TP himself? That doesn't make sense to me. You want to lynch the TP, but you don't want to be the one that looks guilty after it. He put himself in that position,

I think it was a bluff. Why would MR give him multiple medkits? He probably just said that because with Doughty already targeting him, he was scared that just one other TP could cause the death of him, and basically the demise of his mafia team. The nightfall says he was saved by the medkit. Wouldn't that be a false statement if multiple medkits saved him? 

BW wouldn't look guilty if he stayed consistent in his position on the Aladeen lynch. If he had, we wouldn't even be having this argument, and I would be actively defending BW. He has dug his own grave.

Archived