The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's what i would do...

In my opinion this team needs to complete the overhaul/turnover of core players. So here's what I would do;

TRADE 1:

Sedins to  the Islanders  For Hamonic, Strome and their 1st round pick.

Islanders do this because the Sedins slide into the second line and without a doubt the Islanders become a serious legit cup contender.

Canucks do this because they get 3 valuable assets for the Sedins.

TRADE 2:

If Hammer wants to stay I'm fine with that because we'll get more for Edler.

Edler and the Islanders aquired 1st rounder to Carolina For E.Staal

Carolina does this because they just shed 9.5 mil off the books and got a top 2 dman and 1st which gives them 3- 1st rounders in this years draft which i'm sure they could package up 2 to move up in a top 10 position.

Canucks do this because E.Stall has 3-4 very good years left and to be honest he's a better example for our youth on how to play the right way, a better all round game then the Sedins.

In UFA time the Canucks need to sign one of either Ladd and/or Lucic.

New look lines assuming Shinkurak makes the team next year.

Ladd   Staal   Strome

Baertschi   Horvat   Virtanen

Shinkurak   McCann   Sutter

Etem     Vey    Hansen

Hamhuis  Hamonic

Hutton   Tanev

Pedan   Sbisa/Beiga

Honestly, this is the type of line up that we need to compete in the West and to help transition/develop the young guns.

Obviously, Burr and Vrbata get dealt for a 2nd and 3rd respectfully.

Barktowski, Weber, Prust and Higgins for future considerations...lol

and thats how we do it...MIC DROP. 

You mean the Eric Staal that is going to be a UFA this summer? Yeah let's trade a Top-4 defenseman and a first round pick for a pending UFA who is currently overpaid and wants a raise... seems like a good idea. I won't even waste my metaphorical breath addressing the first trade.

3 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

In my opinion this team needs to complete the overhaul/turnover of core players. So here's what I would do;

TRADE 1:

Sedins to  the Islanders  

Made it that far.

Sedins are not going anywhere.

4 hours ago, Aircool said:

You mean the Eric Staal that is going to be a UFA this summer? Yeah let's trade a Top-4 defenseman and a first round pick for a pending UFA who is currently overpaid and wants a raise... seems like a good idea. I won't even waste my metaphorical breath addressing the first trade.

Pretty much. I was not too upset at the first deal, doubt it would happen but I've seen crazier, but then I see the second one and wonder why the hell we're going backwards with that trade! Keep Edler and run with the 1st every day rather than trade for a player who hasn't been what he once was in a number of years.

Archived