The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Mike Weber to Caps from Buffalo

AriGold

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

No one predicted he would be as dominate as he is right now so quickly.

Are you sure about that? I'm a huge Caps fan and I can tell you Caps fans aren't surprised. 

It's his 3rd year in the NHL. And he played at a very high level in Russia. Kuz was already a star before he came over. 

You can't even predict how many goals and points Crosby will score from season to season, but you know he's a great player. Same with Kuz, everyone knew he was a great talent. 

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sabres continue to stockpile draft picks. They now have 11 draft picks this year, and 9 draft picks in next year's draft.

smart to get something for the ufa. gotta think bart could net us a draft pick. weber should get a conditional 7th as he can go to minors and be a very minimal cap hit and be a call up for playoff roster

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Are you sure about that? I'm a huge Caps fan and I can tell you Caps fans aren't surprised. 

It's his 3rd year in the NHL. And he played at a very high level in Russia. Kuz was already a star before he came over. 

You can't even predict how many goals and points Crosby will score from season to season, but you know he's a great player. Same with Kuz, everyone knew he was a great talent. 

I have watched more caps games than canuck games. I have been a fan of them since Ovechkin and loved the way they play and I no idea what you're talking about. There was absolutely no one who thought Kuznetsov would be leading the caps in points this year. 

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I have watched more caps games than canuck games. I have been a fan of them since Ovechkin and loved the way they play and I no idea what you're talking about. There was absolutely no one who thought Kuznetsov would be leading the caps in points this year. 

I never said anyone thought he'd be leading the Caps in Points. I said Caps fans have always known he's a great talent. 

I also said no one can predict Crosby's goals and Points from year to year. I said it in the exact post you quoted to make this above post. Did you read it or did you just respond to it?

Here's what I wrote, 

17 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I'm a big fan of the Drouin + 1st rounder for Hamhuis (@50%) + McCann proposal. Think it helps both teams a lot. Hamhuis played his best hockey under Bowness, and should be able to fit in seamlessly.

You're dreaming. And considering where Washinton will finish, that 3rd rounder is waaaaaay low down.

This whole "we should be sellers at the deadline" thing only works if there are BUYERS, and plenty of them. The headlines basically say that 1/3 of the league are/should be sellers for picks and prospects. But if the new way of doing things in the cap era is to stockpile picks and have good young players on entry level deals, then why would teams trade these away for rental players?

Hamhuis for a 1st is ridiculous. Vrbata for more than a 4th is ridiculous. So many people delude themselves into thinking that players who haven't been doing well on our team are somehow worth young future stars for other teams.

Thinking that the Canucks are the only team who can come up with: SELL OUR UNDERACHIEVING PLAYERS FOR OTHER TEAMS DRAFT PICKS is idiotic. Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing more than to see our GM fleece other teams for picks and prospects, however my expectations are actually grounded in reality. Obviously I'm not saying there will be NO rental deals ( since some have already happened) but some people need to come back to earth.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I never said anyone thought he'd be leading the Caps in Points. I said Caps fans have always known he's a great talent. 

I also said no one can predict Crosby's goals and Points from year to year. I said it in the exact post you quoted to make this above post. Did you read it or did you just respond to it?

Here's what I wrote, 

Yes and what I said is no one predicted that he would be as dominate as he has been this year so quickly. That's how they lucked out... He's 23 on a team with Ovi and Backstrom and leading the team in points by quite a wide margin.

Just now, peaches5 said:

Yes and what I said is no one predicted that he would be as dominate as he has been this year so quickly. That's how they lucked out... He's 23 on a team with Ovi and Backstrom and leading the team in points by quite a wide margin.

Backstrom is a two way C. He doesn't put up points anymore like he did when WSH was an offense first team.

Actually Backstrom is one of the best two way C's in the NHL. Right up there with the elites. When he wins a Cup he'll get a lot more recognition for what he does just like Kopitar and Toews do. No surprised at all Kuz is scoring more than Backstrom.

What do you think the chances are of them winning it all this year. Chicago looks good again but I think this is the year for OV and the Caps. Hope so, for me it'll be like the Canucks winning. (almost). Maybe the same. 

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Backstrom is a two way C. He doesn't put up points anymore like he did when WSH was an offense first team.

Actually Backstrom is one of the best two way C's in the NHL. Right up there with the elites. When he wins a Cup he'll get a lot more recognition for what he does just like Kopitar and Toews do. No surprised at all Kuz is scoring more than Backstrom.

What do you think the chances are of them winning it all this year. Chicago looks good again but I think this is the year for OV and the Caps. Hope so, for me it'll be like the Canucks winning. (almost). Maybe the same. 

I think they will get to the finals quite easily. They have the best goalie in the league in Holtby. They have the best shot at any eastern team since Pittsburgh beat Detroit. It should be a really good finals between either the hawks or kings.

Just now, peaches5 said:

I think they will get to the finals quite easily. They have the best goalie in the league in Holtby. They have the best shot at any eastern team since Pittsburgh beat Detroit. It should be a really good finals between either the hawks or kings.

I"m pretty much of the same mind. A trip out of the east to the SCF is there's for the taking. Anything can happen in the finals. A lot will depend on health of the team but I think they have a very good team and right now the best chance to take the Cup.

Fingers crossed, hopefully the injury bug stays away. 

Archived