The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

i'd rather trade them separately, or else I feel the package would be less total than trading them to two separate teams.

Also, they might be interested in both, but that doesn't mean they'll necessarily trade for both.  Could be a either/or scenario, where if they can get hamhuis, they target a lesser forward than vrbata or vice-versa.

Highly unlikely they both go to Chicago in the same trade.

Yes but sometimes first offer is best offer.

see gillis.

id say pull the trigger if both can go right now especially considering hammer just back from injury and vrby currently injured.

"

Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis signifies the best defenceman who could be available for trade.

But the pending UFA holds a no-trade clause and an affection for his home province. Financially speaking, it’s unfortunate, he’s a family guy.

“If you look at it from a pure hockey aspect — if I was chasing the money — leaving would be the best option to have the most exposure, if I was traded to a top-end team,” Hamhuis, 33, told the Vancouver Province.

“But there’s more to it than that in my decision. I look at it that it’s a great situation in Vancouver for me and for my family. I certainly would consider what that would do to the family, too.”

"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/four-days-until-the-nhls-trade-deadline-one-day-for-every-first-overall-draft-pick-the-last-place-edmonton-oilers-have-had-in-the-last-six-years-todays-roundup-of-trade-rumours-touches-jonathan/

Just now, riffraff said:

Yes but sometimes first offer is best offer.

see gillis.

id say pull the trigger if both can go right now especially considering hammer just back from injury and vrby currently injured.

Hamhuis is still deciding to waive or to not waive. Family first type of guy.

1 minute ago, Blueberries said:

Which I fully support that right and mindset

edit

that being said the Hawks are a legit favourite and I'd love the opp if I was Dan to win a cup....a few months of travel isn't that big a deal considering he could re sign here

Awww c'mon Dan... just think of it as a long vacation, until the summer when you can sign back here and be with family again :)

Hamhuis will waive because he will not be resigned. Failing to waive delays his ultimate need to find a new team by next fall anyways as a UFA. A deal with the Hawks or Dallas gives him a real shot at a CUP and also allows him to showcase for a career ending contract of 3 maybe 4 years. A no brainer IMHO.

Archived