The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Suits]

Intoewsables

After reading through all of this I have a few thoughts / a preliminary list

1. Fwybwed

"

After sifting through how many pages of garbage...I would say 50/50.... With Aladeen's smoke show at the beginning has me curious on how he would explain his actions. As for GG you can tell he is new to the game. Dral seems to have issue with this....it seems like he is trying to trip GG up...after his long interaction with try to get him to out as Mafia after all he did state that GG was "confirmed" mafia on page 12....which continues to page 13... where he then votes TL!?!? Nothing like pointing fingers in many directions....

VOTE DRAL"

I don't like this post at all it reads scummy to me. Fwy starts by addressing Virts comments about Aladeen and GG being TP. He disagrees but not really which I read as a bit of a hedge. He also calls out dral rather than provide more thoughts on why he has Aladeen and GG being 50/50.

2. Qwags

"I'm trusting Aladeen this round. Last time someone called him out, he ended up being a TP. "

This post right here really feels like scum trying to back the DC vote and feeling the need to provide reasoning as too why they trust Aladeen.Top that off with his reasoning being extremely weak and almost forced like he felt he had to say something. This is the kind of post you often see with mafia bandwagon votes imo (worth noting he didn't actually vote DC)

3. Fetchy

"

First off, after reading the last few pages it has become glaringly obvious that Beluga Whale is mafia

Vote Bpgula

His lack of substance thus far is excruciating to look at. Pile that on with the fact that he called Aladeen out in a one line sentence without providing any other insight is just rude. I'm offended as a player that he'd ever do that to us.

Secondly, Dral and Aladeen both seem to be TP with their constant back and forth chatter and nonchalant posting style.

This obviously isn't set in stone because Dral and Aladeen are both very loquacious and are known to not be afraid to use strategies right from the beginning. However, lean is still towards TP by quite a large margin.

Thirdly, if TL can talk more, that'd be appreciated"

This post is very interesting as it was made fairly early in the round when BW was actually posting regarding the DC/aladeen thing so calling him out for lack of substance makes little sense imo. If someone wants to build a case for an active and highly useful player like BW just saying that its "glaringly obvious" is reallly weak imo. The line about being offended makes this post seem rather jokey . Then he goes on to make a pretty solid point about Dral/Aladeen.

He completely ignores the DC/Aladeen thing despite posting while it was still going on and votes BW while providing almost no reasoning at all. He caps this off by adding a bit of a jokey line right after (which would provide a good out later on as he could go back and say that he was joking around with that post a bit). Then he proceeds to make several off topic and spammy posts again while ignoring the actual gameplay

4.Everyone who hasn't posted yet / anyone who has only posted spam

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

If what you are saying is true then you should realize that the little bit of confusion created by me thinking DC stole my Character would never offset the value lost if a mafia player was lynched. Therefore no mafia would do that just to create "confusion" at the beginning of the game.

Think of it this way:

lets assume for a minute you are TP and say you have a character named Paul "The Alien" and lets assume you knew that everyone would get a unique character in the game.

Now let's say I come into the game and say Yo whussup everyone I am Paul "The Alien" and I am TP.

What would you think I am? Paul "The Alien" TP or a mafia/3rd party trying to use your character as a Safe Claim? 

I think you're understating just how much confusion DCgate caused (love the name BTW), it's all water under the bridge now, but you had accused a fair number of folks as Mafia without any real proof based on logic that I still see as flawed, and here's why:

If a Mafia member, who as I understand the rules knows all their Mafia buddies characters names, came out and claimed a character that WASN'T in their little band & could easily belong to any Townie, then THAT Mafia member would have to be pretty foolish. The characters are unique yes, but they all belong to the same TV show...why would a Mafioso claim any character outside of the ones in their group?

Intoews said any character except Jessica Pearson & Harvey Specter could be Cosa Nostra...I don't think Mafia Scum would be that dumb to claim a character that could easily get them busted...& I'm right, no one did.

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

I think you're understating just how much confusion DCgate caused (love the name BTW), it's all water under the bridge now, but you had accused a fair number of folks as Mafia without any real proof based on logic that I still see as flawed, and here's why:

If a Mafia member, who as I understand the rules knows all their Mafia buddies characters names, came out and claimed a character that WASN'T in their little band & could easily belong to any Townie, then THAT Mafia member would have to be pretty foolish. The characters are unique yes, but they all belong to the same TV show...why would a Mafioso claim any character outside of the ones in their group?

Intoews said any character except Jessica Pearson & Harvey Specter could be Cosa Nostra...I don't think Mafia Scum would be that dumb to claim a character that could easily get them busted...& I'm right, no one did.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some players... you are only right after the fact not before it, are you saying you were watching DCgate unfold with the full knowledge that DC wasn't playing and yet said nothing at all? 

Just now, Fox Mulder said:

20 pages already? Who made Mafia  great again? 

Seriously though, this is going to take awhile to sort through. 

Just check out AVs post he summarizes everything quite nicely, don't listen to CL though cause he's trying to steal AV's thunder.

Just now, Aladeen said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of some players... you are only right after the fact not before it, are you saying you were watching DCgate unfold with the full knowledge that DC wasn't playing and yet said nothing at all? 

Haha, wise words to live/play by!

No, I caught up to DCgate after I woke up when my kid was upset. I tossed & turned but couldn't get back to sleep, I was a little shocked to see the thread had already gotten to 10 pages in just a few hours!

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Haha, wise words to live/play by!

No, I caught up to DCgate after I woke up when my kid was upset. I tossed & turned but couldn't get back to sleep, I was a little shocked to see the thread had already gotten to 10 pages in just a few hours!

Fair enough but I can't give you credit for realizing he wasn't playing after his post saying that he wasn't playing. So you saying "I was right" doesn't make a lot of sense after the fact. 

The bottom line is I thought DC was playing when he posted.

I don't know why anyone would claim my character when they weren't forced to.... at the time, all I knew was DC did.

My logic was that a TP wouldn't claim my character under any circumstances, there are some circumstances where a mafia would (and has) 

I have never seen the show maybe my character was some obscure character that they thought might not be included in intoews' game, idk... I am just trying to show you my line of thinking when someone said they were who I know I am. 

11 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Does this read like TMI to anyone else? Especially that last little bit.

Falcon, who are your top town and scum reads so far?

4 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Fair enough but I can't give you credit for realizing he wasn't playing after his post saying that he wasn't playing. So you saying "I was right" doesn't make a lot of sense after the fact. 

The bottom line is I thought DC was playing when he posted.

I don't know why anyone would claim my character when they weren't forced to.... at the time, all I knew was DC did.

My logic was that a TP wouldn't claim my character under any circumstances, there are some circumstances where a mafia would (and has) 

I have never seen the show maybe my character was some obscure character that they thought might not be included in intoews' game, idk... I am just trying to show you my line of thinking when someone said they were who I know I am. 

Yeah, me neither, I wouldn't know any of the character's name from Adam, except for mine & the 3 Intoews mentioned to start...I'd have to look up in the thread who DC even claimed, I can't remember now:lol:

5 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Yeah, me neither, I wouldn't know any of the character's name from Adam, except for mine & the 3 Intoews mentioned to start...I'd have to look up in the thread who DC even claimed, I can't remember now:lol:

Harold

Archived