The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Suits]

Intoewsables

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

I remember why I hate this game.

12 unread pages of what I assume is just spam. Did anything of note actually happen? 

A lot did happen. Only the last page and a bit is spam.

11 minutes ago, fwybwed said:

A lot of filler posts....."look at me I'm posting"

Wouldn't call those posts an attempt to appear active but I would like it if they toned down the off-topic discussion as it clogs up the thread with unnecessary information and makes it harder for the TP the make reads.

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

A lot did happen. Only the last page and a bit is spam.

Wouldn't call those posts an attempt to appear active but I would like it if they toned down the off-topic discussion as it clogs up the thread with unnecessary information and makes it harder for the TP the make reads.

What happened, all I see is Doughty character claiming someone who Aladeen supposedly has.

Anything else?

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

What happened, all I see is Doughty character claiming someone who Aladeen supposedly has.

Anything else?

Not supposedly, that's who I am. But yah that's about the jist of it. 

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

Not supposedly, that's who I am. But yah that's about the jist of it. 

Considering there is no proof one way or another you guys are on the same level of legit, IMO.

Spoiler

Virtanen87

-relax guys, Aladeen is trolling or Mafia; did same thing a couple times as Mafia back in the day

-tells Aladeen to spit out how he knows BW is Mafia (8)

-spit it out in next 5 minutes or he’ll insta TB Aladeen (8)

-Green’s first game let him read to analyze (8)

-asks Kaz to explain why he isn’t Mafia (8)

-asks Kaz how he usually plays as Mafia/TP and if he considers himself a cool kid (9)

-asks why Dral hasn’t said his TP line yet (9)

-asks Zfetch if he believes in free will (9)

-LOL doughty isn’t even in this game (9)

-votes Aladeen (9)

-Aladeen is just trolling (10)

-asks zfetch if he believes that we are alone in the universe (10)

-asks GG how he would describe his online personality (11)

-asks zfetch if he is alone this mafia game or has teammates (11)

-asks GG if he’s involved in any PMs related to this game (11)

-asks GG what he thinks is his biggest weakness related to Mafia (11)

-BW pretty scummy, seems like he know too much (13)

-joke was after DC admitted he wasn’t in the game (13)

-CL has been awfully quiet (14)

-Aladeen and Green Goblin are confirmed TP in his opinion (15)

Time Lord

-Aladeen is probably executioner or trying to make us think he isn’t executioner (7)

-People who went deep into the Doughty non-sense are pretty suspicious (11)

-jokes about those not suspecting MR should be lynched (11)

-explains MR isn’t playing; poorly executed (13)

Alain Vigneault

CanucksLegacy

Dr.Strangelove

-announces “Hi” (4)

-doesn’t follow Aladeen’s logic; BW and DC are unaffiliated in his opinion (6)

-Aladral 4 MVP (6)

-doubts DC’s teammates would defend him if confirmed Mafia; BW more skeptical than defensive (7)

-sees no reason Aladeen would do this as Mafia; unless DC or someone else finds a way to disprove, will vote for DC (7)

-BW’s posts are in line with past games; too early to tell (7)

-DC isn’t even playing, I should read players list next time

milk and honey

-would like to hear more of BW’s defense before placing a vote; not getting Mafia or TP vibe from BW (14)

-still early in the game; wants to hear from the players with 0-5ish posts (14)

-asks how giving an opinion is scummy; BW acting overly defensive but will give him benefit of the doubt (16)

-Saskatchewan water; half the province playing Mafia and other living THUG LYFE (16)

JohnLocke

fwybwed

-sifted through the pages of garbage and believes Aladeen and Green Goblin are 50/50 (15)

-votes Dral (15)

falcon45ca

-confirms DC admitted wasn’t in game page 9 and TL makes joke page 11 (14)

-Aladeen fishy for creating a lot of confusion early on (14)

-irony for calling him out on incorrect statements when Aladeen’s first statement and every other regarding DC was incorrect

-ad hominem; Aladeen called for lynch on someone not playing game, votes Aladeen (16)

Kazmanian Devil

-Kaz wagon looks real suspicious (4)

-hates lacrosse and Tom Wilson (5)

-asks who brought Donna up (6)

-Aladeen and Dral cheeky af (8)

-Toews PM’d him and told him he is TP (8)

-100% win record as Mafia + as TP either gets suspended mid game or killed by SK; considers himself decent lad (9)

otherwise

-says BW’s post is so Mafia; can’t even (5)

-references the Game tv show (5)

-BW’s post screams Mafia (5)

-“but if you’re Mafia” to Aladeen; Dral sounds sketchy like when too many guys leave bar but go home alone (6)

-only Harvey and Jessica are for sure TP, not Donna (6)

-will remember then forget; someone remind her (6)

-if Aladeen telling lies, he’s dead next round (7)

-another multi-quoted post; always trust Ala, Dral, Kryt, Virt (15)

-votes Aladeen (16)

Mathew Barzal

-says he’s TP; TP should fear him and you are welcome the Mafia (4)

-posts GIF on discovery of an office big enough for Aladeen’s balls (16)

Aladeen

-everyone needs to trust him; votes DC (4)

-srs about DC vote, will explain come nightfall (5)

-may or may not be Sheriff; DC has nothing to do with investigation (5)

-will explain vote closer to nightfall, if he were Mafia he wouldn’t go after a TP in first round like this (5)

-promises to explain how DC is not town; advantageous to TP if he doesn’t disclose (5)

-anyone who protects DC should be noted, probably Mafia with him; if he and DC die remember BW trying to save DC (6)

-when DC flips Mafia, BW is also Mafia; anyone else want to protect DC (6)

-gonna have to trust him (7)

-knows DC isn’t town, anyone keeping him from killed is on his team not too hard of a concept to follow (7)

-fine with not lynching DC just as long as he dies; BW and Dr. S making cases to be hung (7)

-Virt added to list; DC Mafia, BW probably, Virt probably (7)

-no issues with Dral’s plan because not exe; votes BW (8)

-double dares Virt; Virt is usually insignificant (8)

-Mafia kill Not Mafia and Not Mafia try to figure out who Mafia are; hopes it helps Virt (9)

-that’s why we’re voting for BW @ DC (9)

-hasn’t signed up yet but is still playing (10)

-DC claimed same character as him was the reasoning behind the vote (11)

-now suspects all the person who sided with him without question; all the person = Dral (11)

-says he’ll get to Qwags soon, won’t wake him up while he sleeps (12)

-explains to falcon his reasoning for suspect DC (15)

-falcon is a noob and should feel honoured to even get a reply for his garbage post (15)

thejazz97

-will do his best to catch up throughout the day (15)

-caught up to page 6, Dr. S and Vrienzy are suspicious (15)

-Dr. S chipping in but not contributing (15)

-votes Virt (16)

-is pretty sure otherwise is from SK, means 75% of population is playing Mafia (16)

Fox Mulder

-zote Voidberg (4)

ilduce39

Dral

-Votes BW (3)

-tells vig to kill BW, asks where Aladeen has gone (4)

-says character claiming does nothing and pretending to be helpful (4)

-votes DC; trusts Aladeen (5)

-doesn’t want to point out there’s no medkit/doctor; really hopes Aladeen isn’t sheriff (5)

-accuses BW getting the jump on bandwagon (5)

-Aladeen is Mr. Potato Head (5)

-tells Aladeen to PM him cause Intoews says it was cool (6)

-if Aladeen is Mafia then we lynch him next round (7)

-although he believes Aladeen, wishes DC said something (7)

-asks Dr. S if he thought BW’s posts were scummy/trying too hard (7)

-probably right BW isn’t good enough to evolve (7)

-Aladeen doesn’t troll and why would he try to kill random person right off the bat if he’s Mafia (7)

-asks vig to kill DC; votes BW (7)

-fixes Aladeen’s list (8)

-you and your Mafia buddies would love to know @ Virt (8)

-believes Virt is bluffin; doesn’t have balls (8)

-why does GG read thread but not contribute (8)

-voting isn’t all that important -> contributing, reading posts, making reads and calling out people are most important (8)

-asks GG why he thinks BW is Mafia (9)

-uses drunk excuse (9)

-votes Alabean (9)

-Qwags scummy (10)

-free will is an illusion (10)

-if BW was TP and wanted to be head of alliance, he would have said DC wasn’t playing (10)

-seriously votes BW (10)

-people are always lying when they say the word “honestly” (11)

-locked in vote TL (13)

-drunk excuse needs someone more sober (13)

-claims he’s coaching; BW easily deceived so what does he know (14)

Zfetch

-swears to David Bowie Horvat he’s TP (8)

-after reading last few pages, glaringly obvious BW is Mafia; votes BW (8)

-BW – lacks substance, called Aladeen out in one sentence; Dral and Aladeen both seem TP, TL should talk more

-Virt hasn’t been cocky enough like his usually TP-self (9)

-believes in free will (10)

-believes we are alone in the universe (11)

-this guy most obvious Mafia I’ve seen in a while [not sure if referencing BW or Dral] (15)

Lewitelli

-“MGOMGOMGOMG SUITS MAFIA. THIS IS SICK I LOVE U GUYS <3” (14)

-Jealous of whoever has Mike Ross (14)

g_bassi13

Green Goblin

-apologizes, still figuring out; asks when deadline for voting is – assumes nightfall (8)

-asks if we can tell others which character we got; agrees based on what he’s read so far that most likely Mafia is BW (9)

-believes BW is Mafia because he keeps voting people for no reason + sig reads “join Mafia” (9)

-BW already voted for him; BW definitely Mafia, if he was TP he wouldn’t vote out a fellow TP (10)

-pretty cool online guy; biggest asset is ability to read posts without bias unless given factual evidence + biggest flaw is indecisiveness about avatar and asks how Virt would describe his (11)

-did get a PM from Intoewsable that he’s TP (11)

-asks if he has to respond in POV of the character he was given; says his weakness is he’s too patient (12)

-his character is impatient (12)

-asks if he can say who his character is (12)

-asks if he can screen capture his PM with Intoewsable (13)

-confused, Virt and Dral both helpful but acting super suspicious (13)

-is a lawyer; not voting until he sees insight from other players (14)

Caboose

-votes Kaz (4)

-unvotes Kaz, votes Vrienzy (4)

Qwags

-trusting Aladeen this round. Llast time someone called him out he ended up being TP (10)

-Aladeen is just that good (11)

-going to dream of a silver chalice (12)

-flails in his sleep; doesn’t want to ruin Aladeen’s beard (12)

Vrienzy

-votes Caboose (4)

-unvotes Caboose, votes Kaz (4)

-obvioulsy 0/10 mafia attempt Kaz (5)

Beluga Whale

-Says not to make character claims & the de facto TP leader (3)

-Danger Zone so big not worth posting; says JL and Kaz are in it (4)

-questions Doughty’s character claim (4)

-votes Green Goblin (4)

-believes role claiming helps Mafia; chuckles at Dral discrediting his efforts (5)

-says Aladeen is 100% legit and no reason not to trust him; votes DC (5)

-if he was Mafia, Dral wouldn’t be able to catch him (5)

-“confirmed executioner” @ Aladeen (5)

-questions if otherwise is character claiming after he said it was a bad idea; Aladeen’s claim gives Mafia an easy vote + easier time to blend rather than force discussion about lynch (6)

-Aladeen giving him terrible vibes (6)

-calls everyone potatoes; can’t just vote a guy because he is too tricky and miles better…absolutely sickening (9)

-chuckles hard at DC revelation (9)

-“sirens” GG scummy af; votes GG (9)

-DC made idiotic move, tells him to think things through (11)

-Virt needs to work on his math (12)

-multi-quoted posts; I really hate doing these so just look at the page (12)

-not a good idea to say character, helps Mafia narrow down; Dral actually looks towny and so does Kaz (13)

-asks Dral if he’s trying to get someone godkilled because that’s what it looks like (13)

-Dral teetering between potato and helpful TP, doesn’t like it (15)

-questions milk’s spacing after paragraphs (15)

-Barzal likely mafia based on his entrance; Virt, Dral, Aladeen and GG likely TPs based on yesterday’s interactions (16)

King Heffy

-“Kumar pls” at DC

DoughtysCheck (?)

-claims he was given Harold (4)

-doesn’t know why guys are voting for him since he didn’t even sign-up (9)

-says he is actually in the game and it was all a test (12)

No, I am not going to fix the formatting. I don't know why some names are highlighted blue.

Spoiler

Thoughts

Dr.S – I’ve been getting an ehhhh vibe from him. Seems to have shown strong support on lynching DC.

Barzal – first post is suspect, followed by second post GIF, but after seeing him play/having direct involve with him last game….I think he’s TP.

Qwags – he has/had full support for Aladeen. Seems suspect to me how willing he is to undisputedly support Aladeen very early in the game when Aladeen could be Mafia.

Green Goblin – his posts in response to Virt has the makings of what one would put on a dating profile. If it was a dating profile based on Mafia. His posts on BW, especially that “why would you vote a fellow TP out” screams of inexperience. However, though very enthusiastic, imo it seems GG is overplaying the noob card. He won’t vote until he sees insight from other posters? Pretty much paving the way for a bandwagon vote. He also says he’s a lawyer and from what I’ve seen, lawyers are great liars. Just something to think about (he could be lying about being a lawyer though).

Dral – drunk excuse more than once. Trusts Aladeen almost instantaneously. Then goes on to say that although he trusts Aladeen, he wishes DC said something. Two pages later, DC admits he isn’t even in the game. From there he moves on to different people (Aladeen, Qwags, BW, etc). Dral’s use of drunk excuses...maybe one too many in this case?

Virtanen87 – who does this guy think he is? More than half his posts are questions aside from the odd call-out of someone being suspicious or “confirming” TPs.

King Heffy – his only contribution so far has been a kumar joke. As great a joke that is, it hasn’t added anything.

BW – acting similarily like he did last game. Inclined to believe he’s TP.

Falcon – really only targets Aladeen at first. Then moves onto others, but ultimately votes on Aladeen.

Caboose/Vrienzy/Kaz – they made posts referencing one another. Not sure what to think of this, are they detracting from the game on purpose or just friends who wanna jab at each other.

Of the ones who haven’t posted, ilduce is the most suspicious. Expected at least something from him by now.

4 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Okay, so my break's just finishing, and I've caught up to page 6.

IMO, Dr.S and Vrienzy are suspicious (remember, this is page 6 intel, so pls forgive if there's things cleared up between pgs 7-15).

Dr. S is just chipping in without really contributing, while Vrienzy voted, made another comment replying to Kaz about Tom Wilson and Lacrosse, and said nothing more AFAIK.

That being said, this is page 6, but if it helps, so be it.

I'll try to catch up more on my next break.

I think this is towny from JAzz

3 hours ago, fwybwed said:

After sifting through how many pages of garbage...I would say 50/50.... With Aladeen's smoke show at the beginning has me curious on how he would explain his actions. As for GG you can tell he is new to the game. Dral seems to have issue with this....it seems like he is trying to trip GG up...after his long interaction with try to get him to out as Mafia after all he did state that GG was "confirmed" mafia on page 12....which continues to page 13... where he then votes TL!?!? Nothing like pointing fingers in many directions....

VOTE DRAL

Towny start from fywbed

3 hours ago, Virtanen87 said:

Dral is "TWTBW" imo

I agree.

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

Hmmm, MB came in waaaaaay back at the start and threw himself down as a less than helpful TP who will only help the mafia IIR, then has a funny GIF involving balls...not overly helpful for a Townie, it smells a little ripe like rotten apples that's for sure.

M&H isn't giving me much to work with, but I do enjoy SK jokes & he's giving you the benefit a la doubt, which is good cuz' I like you, you seem straight up Townie BW, very level-headed approach thus far considering how many accusations have been thrown your way.

I'm 94% sure Alah D is TP, but he clearly stated that if he was wrong on DC, and he was, that he should be lynched. I just don't want to make him anymore upset by defying a direct command from the Admiral General, he doesn't seem the type to suffer insubordination lightly.

MB is the slimiest of the 3 you mentioned in my eyes.

This is good but almost too good for a noob.

Falcon could just be learning fast but his posts show a strong understanding of the game for a new player which makes me think he might have TMI or behind the scenes coaching.

Likely slankers so far:

King Heffy

Zfetch

JL

Foxy Mulder

bassi

Vrienzy

16 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

wow, you gave me harold???

Ok so here is where I thought Doughty was lying about his Character...

16 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

im tp btw

This next post of his confirmed that he must be lying.

16 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Everyone needs to trust me on this:

vote Doughty's Check

I vote for him because I am Harold and there is no way another TP would claim a character that they are not

16 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Btw I am serious about the DC vote here. I will explain why closer to first nightfall tomorrow. 

I said I will explain closer to nightfall because, if I was right about DC like I thought I was at this point the Mafia might think I have a special role and target me instead of a real TP special, twofer. 

15 hours ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

I dont follow that logic at all  BW's faction is unrelated to DC's faction at this point imo

I didn't like this Dr. S comment because if DC was playing this game (which was the thought at this time by everyone posting) this seems a little scummy TMI IMO.

15 hours ago, otherwise said:

okay, but if you're telling lies you're dead next round.

I wasn't lying I was just wrong. 

14 hours ago, DoughtysCheck said:

don't know why you guys voted for me. I didn't even sign up...

So DC informs us of the mistake. Everything I said instantly became invalid but information can be gained by how others reacted to that information.

14 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

You already voted for me lol. You are definitely mafia. If you were a TP, you wouldn't vote out your fellow TP bro.

GG is just too over the top.

From the posters here Dr. S and GG come out looking pretty bad in all this, as do a lot of the non-posters. If the mafia was watching they would be better off not posting at all.

KH

Fwybwed

TL

Qwags

All were around I believe during this time, basically not saying much just watching things unfold. 

Others may be guilty of that too:

Zfetch perhaps... 

falcon didn't chime in until after all was said and done

caboose

vrienzy - if this guy is actually playing. 

19 minutes ago, Qwags said:

What does Otherwise think of this situation?

what part of the situation?

I'm not happy with Aladeen.

Falcon is okay.

FWIW I think Al is acting off, like I think he might be mafia. Hence my vote. It's not just about saying something bad about S'toon.

1 minute ago, otherwise said:

what part of the situation?

I'm not happy with Aladeen.

Falcon is okay.

FWIW I think Al is acting off, like I think he might be mafia. Hence my vote. It's not just about saying something bad about S'toon.

Why would I have gone on the offensive on DC if I was mafia? What would that serve explain it to me please. 

15 hours ago, otherwise said:

okay, but if you're telling lies you're dead next round.

This quote from otherwise actually looks really bad now that we know Doughty isn't playing. It reads like otherwise knows Aladeen is wrong but is happy to go along with his plan as it helps her faction. 

Aladeen, what do you think?

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

This quote from otherwise actually looks really bad now that we know Doughty isn't playing. It reads like otherwise knows Aladeen is wrong but is happy to go along with his plan as it helps her faction. 

Aladeen, what do you think?

I am really starting to see it that way too... If someone is TP and sees that someone claims their character the thought should be that they are mafia. Intoews specifically said that there would be a unique character for everyone (I know he did say it doesn't matter about affiliations - that's besides the point) 

So I don't understand why she thinks her vote for me is legit, I actually thought she was kidding because she thought I was making fun of toontown. 

However even mafia should have believed me to be right (at least about DC not being town - maybe 3rd party) - unless they knew he wasn't playing from the get go and just didn't say anything. 

Archived