The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nux 0 -Jets 2 - March 22, 2016

Toni Zamboni

2 hours ago, Jack Fig said:
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Duncan Keith, Patrice Bergeron were second round picks.  A lot of very good D come from round two.  McCann and (especially) Virtanen appear more entitled than focused on improving.  Selfies posted online partying with Beiber?  That's not doing what it takes to be you best.  That's entitlement.  I'm finding myself thinking 5th Line is a lot more correct about whom we should have drafted in that sixth spot.  

19 is considered a kid...still a teenager....Seguin and Kane werent exactly models for maturity when they were that age...now they are arguably the 2 best players in the league...I will say they both need some time in the AHL to refine their game though.

52 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Come on man.  Can't go see a show on your time off?  Looks like him and biebs were relaxing on the couch playing Xbox.

its not like it was a pic of a drooling dialated pupil waster on a glass pipe. Or driving the porcelain bus.

rookies aren't expected to be consistent.  Jake has had a couple average games lately but his last month or more has been good.

I think we forget these are NOT normal guys.  These are exceptional athletes, who are gifted great talents.  However, their character must be strong enough to accept their difference.  

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

19 is considered a kid...still a teenager....Seguin and Kane werent exactly models for maturity when they were that age...now they are arguably the 2 best players in the league...I will say they both need some time in the AHL to refine their game though.

Not just their games, but their characters too.

18 minutes ago, lolwut? said:

Oh FFS are you being serious here?

There are plenty of things to get down on this team and its players about, but listen to yourself for a sec.

You're gonna go off on Virt for hanging with the biebs (its a selfie.....) and now suddenly he's not focused on improving according to you?

The kid is 19. 19!!!! The fact that he plays for an NHL team doesnt somehow mean he's disallowed from having a life and needs to be shooting picks on goal all day long. Get real Alf, this is so weak.

These guys are rookies.. people need to accept that this team is in transition,  accept that these guys are young and will find their way, and need to give them the space and the FAITH to do so.

Holding them accountable when the entire team aside from our goaltenders are underpowered and undermanned is stupid. 
I'm seriously so sick of reading people who think that these kids should be held to account like a multi-year NHL veteran.. get a friggin clue. 

Not that Alf can't speak for himself but I would have thought the Kassian fiasco would have preventing you from posting hokum like that. 

He is very lucky to have been virtually "gifted" a place in this team and while I am not saying he has to live like a monk he has the whole f----g summer to goof off and the Canucks should take up practically ALL of his time during the season. I don't know what "partying with Beiber" amounts to but if Jake can't find a more grounded mature individual to hang out with then he needs to question his judgement.

Is it a coincidence his form has been crap ever since? I don't know but he needs to get his head down and work. He looked flabby to me in that song mime charity bash. 

Oh lord - a win in Nashville and we're in a playoff run! (sarcasm in case you missed it)

This is what a rebuild- retool - call it what you want looks like.  It is hard to be patient, it is hard not to criticize, but it must be the hardest on our players to lose continuously. It gives nothing to build on. I know they make big bucks - I know they are playing for contracts but it must be hard to come to the locker room after losing so many in a row and have a positive attitude.

That being said - there is hope for the future  but  there needs to be more changes yet.  Maybe the small sample we are seeing from Utica does not tell it all but I am not seeing a lot of elite talent in the call ups. Hopefully Benning and Linden can address this in the summer.

In the meantime, inbetween time - aren't  we having fun?

3 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Not that Alf can't speak for himself but I would have thought the Kassian fiasco would have preventing you from posting hokum like that. 

He is very lucky to have been virtually "gifted a place in this team and while I am not saying he has to live like a monk he has the whole f----g summer to goof off and the Canucks should take up practically ALL of his time during the season. I don't know what "partying with Beiber" amounts to but if Jake can't find a more grounded mature individual to hang out with then he needs to question his judgement.

Is it a coincidence his form has been crap ever since? I don't know but he needs to get his head down and work. He looked flabby to me in that song mime charity bash. 

Ugh my head hurts now after these posts. 

you're trying to tie his recent lackluster play with his going out for one night at a concert? I dont even..

Some of you guys from the sound of it must just sit around and let your imaginations run wild to try to make sense of why this team is where its at right now, and the assumption and conjecture factory is running at full tilt clearly.

What does it accomplish to compare anyone on our roster currently to Kassian? Why even bring him up? He and his time here in Van has absolutely nothing to do and is in no way a reflection of any of our current players.. there are no parallels to be drawn no matter how convenient it may be to some of these ridiculous positions.

Players will go out to concerts, fratenize with celebrities, and party. Virt is not the first and won't be the last.. why even bother worrying about it at this point? Pointless entirely. 
Him and McCann shouldn't even be in the lineup full time.. It's because the Canucks are by all intents desperate and don't have the option of scaling their ice time. 

12 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Because he posed with Justin Beiber..man I would hate to be your kid.

Right? God forbid you came home with a friend you met at school who has an earing or smoked a cigerette.. you'd find yourself heading off to boarding school the next morning. Sheesh. 

27 minutes ago, lolwut? said:

Right? God forbid you came home with a friend you met at school who has an earing or smoked a cigerette.. you'd find yourself heading off to boarding school the next morning. Sheesh. 

People still smoke? 

22 hours ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

Done! But you've gotta put yours up too to make it interesting 

Though I honestly dont care anymore. I've been on these boards for over a decade and have been a fan since 92. I've never been more frustrated by the franchise I grew up with. 

OK I'm in. Here is the bet: if linden is not fired or does not resign in 2016 you take a break from here for the 16/17 season. Conversely, if he is let go or resigns, I will take the break. OK? 

1 hour ago, NHTyrany said:

OK I'm in. Here is the bet: if linden is not fired or does not resign in 2016 you take a break from here for the 16/17 season. Conversely, if he is let go or resigns, I will take the break. OK? 

You got it! Something to look forward to at the very least.

Archived