The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nux 0 -Jets 2 - March 22, 2016

Toni Zamboni

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, I hear you,..MM can throw the fists and he sticks up for his team mates...Tavares will miss him.

Forgot to add...he is not like Dorsett...he is the real deal.

and Ferlund is scared of him...because he knows MM will own him.

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

For all their talk the other day, the Sedins and Burrows were invisible. 

Very true. Daniel needs to shut up, if he isn't going to nut up. That top line looked like it was way past its expiry date. 

That was a piss poor effort from every forward on the team. 

The defense was clicking but the forwards inability to defend or move the puck was a huge factor in the fact that Vancouver was hemmed in their own end. 

And Markstrom was insane. He was robbed and that goal shouldn't have counted. But the officials are scumbags. 

21 minutes ago, Remy said:

A top-end draft pick, a healthy lineup, and a free agent or two. I agree that next season could see a huge bounce back. Honestly, I think this season is more of an aberration than anything. 

I would be challenged to find a single person outside of BC who feels this way. 

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep I agree.

Virtanen, McCann, and Grenier should all be in Utica to start the season. Etem is gonna have to bring more to stick too.

Not alot of locks on the roster to start next season. The Sedins, Baertschi, Horvat, Hansen, and Sutter are the only ones who should be penciled in.

I'm pretty sure Grenier is a RFA after this season and he will become waiver eligible. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I'm pretty sure Grenier is a RFA after this season and he will become waiver eligible. 

Not sure why anyone would claim him. He hasn't proven anything at the NHL level.

Needs to work on his battle level and decision making under pressure.

25 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I would be challenged to find a single person outside of BC who feels this way. 

Honestly, I don't really care what people outside of BC think about the team, especially if it's negative. We already know that many other parts of Canada love to cheer against the Canucks, we saw that in 2011. Besides which, I doubt they follow the team as closely or know it as intimately. 

Being healthy would have made a big difference this year, particularly with Sutter. Playoff contender? No, certainly not. But better, yes. 

Free agency, that's harder to predict. But there's certainly a chance it could help. 

A great draft pick? Not likely to make a huge impact immediately, but it's definitely a step in the right direction and has the potential to surprise. 

Each of those things, on their own, will not make us a contender. Even if we put them all together, we won't be pushing for a Cup next year, or even a long playoff run. But do I think those things, cumulatively, will make us far better than what we've seen this year? Absolutely. The potential is there. We could suffer from more injuries next year, and maybe there's nothing worthwhile come free agency. And our draft pick may have little to no impact in their first season. But, our team can only be that unlucky for so long, and I'm betting a few things start to go our way sooner rather than later. 

You know, it's funny....

Using the NHL Lottery Simulator, it seem as though we actually stand a better chance of dropping a few spots then getting into the top 3.

I'm gonna do it ten times, and post the results.

1) Pick 7th

2) Pick 2nd

3) Pick 2nd

4) Pick 6th

5) Pick 5th

6) Pick 3rd

7) Pick 8th

8) Pick 6th

9) Pick 7th

10) Pick 5th

There you go. In 10 times, we only got 3 top three picks, and didn't get the #1 pick at all, whereas we actually dropped 7 times.

This could all be for not very easily.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

And a s*** load of bad luck.  Just the way it goes.  It will be ok if all the luck comes at once at the loto.

Or good luck. One top 3 pick could really speed up our rebuild!  Adversity Only makes a team stronger.

This is a character defining season for the sedins. You wanna win a cup u need a hungry sedins and this season will give us that moving forward.

plus a top quality pick to help with our other later gems. ^^ ::D 

go canucks go!

Archived