The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3 - Ducks 2 - April Fools, 2016

Toni Zamboni

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You bake cookies?  Are you married?  I'm a bit furry, but really cute...nudge, nudge.  :lol:

Sorry, I am married. My wife isn't into sweets like cookies and I'm not kinky enough to enjoy getting "friendly" with furry things, nothing personal. But if you were in my "hood" you're always welcome to come over and eat one (or two).

2 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Sorry, I am married. My wife isn't into sweets like cookies and I'm not kinky enough to enjoy getting "friendly" with furry things, nothing personal. But if you were in my "hood" you're always welcome to come over and eat one (or two).

Your wife is one very lucky lady to have a hubby who bakes.  

The way this season's gone, I've been eating a lot of comfort cookies for post game meals. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Willie D is most likely done here, and everywhere in the NHL,  according to those at 1040

Undoubtedly it was mushmouth Sekeres with his usual spitting and slobbering into the mic, and Pratt with his "dogmatic absolute book-its" that turn out wrong a week later.

On April 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM, DeNiro said:

Benning will call it a "great piece" but the really great pieces are in the top 3.

To have a season like this and miss out on one of those top 3 players by a couple points will be a huge disappointment.

Incorrect.  A solid d prospect will be a great pick.

1 hour ago, ruututuutu said:

Incorrect.  A solid d prospect will be a great pick.

Not sold on any of the top D-men being a lock as a number 1.

Between Chychrun, Juolevi, and Sergachev it's hard to tell who the best one out of that group even is, and that scares me. If we pick at 4th overall and only end up with a decent top 4 defenseman that will be a fail IMO. We need to hit a home run this year, meaning franchise player.

21 hours ago, oldnews said:

You've confused the contradictions I was referring to - complaining about a win against Anaheim but somehow perceiving that beating the Coil would be a "great thing."

Yeah, everyone wants the youth to do well and get a high pick at the same time.  How they strike that balance seems to upset a lot of people who expect complete and utter shameless tanking - as if shelfing any and all your veterans is an option.

Wiilie aint going anywhere - you can heed the crap on 1040 all you want, but those idiots haven't got a clue regarding the pulse of the franchise.

Hey, I admit, with this kind of unique position the Canucks are in, I even get confused on my own opinions and feelings which are usually at odds . But I've already stated that, I agree, Willie ain't going anywhere. I do think he feels the pressure though, and 1040 stokes that pressure, no matter what their motives.

I don't think I ever complained about their win against Anaheim either. Like I said, I'm happy when they win, and happy when they lose. Its a whacky time to be a Canuck fan.

Just now, kilgore said:

Hey, I admit, with this kind of unique position the Canucks are in, I even get confused on my own opinions and feelings which are usually at odds . But I've already stated that, I agree, Willie ain't going anywhere. I do think he feels the pressure though, and 1040 stokes that pressure, no matter what their motives.

I don't think I ever complained about their win against Anaheim either. Like I said, I'm happy when they win, and happy when they lose. Its a whacky time to be a Canuck fan.

Totally true.  It is an odd situation - the possibility of a win/win type thing despite such a brutal injury season.  It defies training the mind to want a win or loss - can actually just roll with either quite happily.  I think WD's recent comments are bang on though.  A short stretch of really struggling can be ok - perhaps even a character builder for a young group - but the risk of dwelling for a long period as a bottomfeeder is riskier for a franchise than I think most people realize.  

The Edmonton matchups will be tough to stomach - because I want the team to absolutely crush them - pummel them - embarrass them.  But even there -  I'm divided because I really like some of their young players and feel horrible for them, that they've gotten stuck for years with such a pathetic and hopeless management group.  Guys like RNH or even more so Eberle - who is and was such a great young, clutch player - with some very special intangibles of a true winner - to be wasting in Deadmonton for so long is a damn shame.  I'm disgusted by their utter ineptitude and the inconceivable chance that they walk away with yet another marquis talent this June.  Unbelievable.

It is funny though - we're all kind of hung up on a pro or anti-tank thing - but pretty much all of us can appreciate either outcome - either the team secures a higher pick (I think they'll have a great pick regardless at this point), or we see some real progress and success of the young lineup at this point, which is also a really good building block for next year.

Archived