The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3 - Ducks 2 - April Fools, 2016

Toni Zamboni

3 hours ago, clutesi said:

There's no telling who will draft first to third, but why not help our chances? Winning these games is meaningless. But at least it keeps us all interested in an otherwise hopeless season.

Why not go up to Willie or Bo or the Sedins and say that? At best they would laugh at you.

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What I saw tonight was an exciting glimpse into the future. We beat both the Sharts and the #ucks and did so convincingly. The goaltending has been outstanding, and the defense has been the most settled down I've seen in a while.

The addition of Tryamkin and Pedan to the blue line has given Wilfred some options and some frightening size and strength that was slapping the down out of Kesler, Getzlaf, and other quacks. Tanev, Hutton and Hamhuis were incredible tonight. Biega a feisty pit bull bent on destruction.

Horvat was insane, as were Burrows, Etem, McCann, Daniel, and Hansen. It clicked. If you add Chycrun (I think that's the spelling), and Sutter, Edler, Sbisa, Virtanen, Dorsett, a major UFA forward.

Things don't really look that dire now that the Canucks have added two massive, physical, Russian defensemen who have no problem laying down the law.

Phil that brought a lump to my throat. 

It was like being a kid again and hearing your Mom tell you she's going to read your favourite bedtime story again.

4 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Fans hoping for victory at this stage are WEAKLINGS....or dummies.... lol

listen to the flexing shellfish noodle.

no self-respecting professional athlete, coach or manager would ever intend to lose a game(s) to gain a spot or two in the draft rankings.

that's what sets these arguing groups apart - one side are a bunch of pie-in-the-sky dreamers that lack the mindset of real athletes and competitors and are delusional enough to think that a "star" saviour is going to propel the team to a Cup. 

I prefer to get behind the intentions and goals of real world athletes and franchises.

Add to that all the wasted time obsessing over the perceived differences between a 4th, 5th or 6th pick (the only ones not determined by the lottery) and you have some colossal expenditures on derpidity.

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree with you! If PTO's were allowed I would bring the Trail Junior Smokies down for the remaining games! Fans should be asking when the next opportunity will come to draft a franchise player. Oh ya, every 17 years.

Totally, I fully expect us to make the playoffs next season which is why I want to draft in the top 3 to get one of those potential Franchise players. Matthews and the Finns will all be able to step right in the NHL next season and make an impact, can't say the same for the players from 4-10 besides maybe Chychrun. The twins don't have much time left and having Laine or Puljujarvi on their line next season would be huge.

With the team Benning is building we aren't going to be drafting in the top 10 for a pretty long time imo.

I get development and winning is important, especially to the young guys, but the season is pretty much over. The difference between drafting 3rd and 9th could be the difference in us winning a cup in the future.

The 2 wins in a row aren't the hugest deal since I don't expect them to go winless for like 18 games, but I'm worried they're going to keep on winning.

Either way, I want one of the Finns and really hope Benning trades up to grab one if we do end up picking outside of the top 5.

IF the Hockey Gawds want us to get a top-3, it shall be so. Our losing streak(tankage-assault) was mostly attributable to injuries; therefore the Gawds already have had a hand in the current narrative.

Them *sshole corporations that make TV ads..their easiest job/$ they'll ever contract, is devising a pitch for the 6/49. No panacea is more alluring for the avg consumer. Don't think I've ever seen a boring lotto-ad! Seems we're all succumbing to this affliction.

Whoever we draft, our valiant warriors(& fair city) will shape them into dragon-slayers.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I'm sure we have the pieces to trade for Weber right?

There are teams that have  won without throwing games to get a top 3 pick.. We will most likely pick too 5-6 while still trying to win. Peter forsburg's 2001 Avalanche team is another good example. He was picked 6th not top 3. Boeser would have been top three, top 5 at the very least had teams known how good he would play this year. We don't need to throw games to get a pick to win a cup. That's the point we tried to make with you. The Canucks did stop trying to make the playoffs this season and played a mostly young lineup. Granted , injuries helped make that choice , but it's not an intelligent argument to suggest management hasn't done their job properly because we have won a couple  games. Especially after a 9 game losing skid 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Really enjoying all the irrational pain that tank nation and their bandwagon are inflicting on themselves.

I'm moderately pro-tank and even I find it funny.  Hard to fathom what's so terrible about the kids we've already got being good enough to come from behind on the road against the best team in 2016.  Think I'll go slit my wrists  .... not.

1 hour ago, theminister said:

What's hard to understand is how anyone could have a major issue with the icetime allocation yesterday. 

Higgy played less than 8 mins. Vey played 11.  All the kids played significant roles. So...it's what was done. And we won against the top team in the Pacific. 

So....look at what you wrote... look at the ice times... and see that the coach did all of that. The kids won the game. 

What's the complaint, precisely?

The complaint would be that we won yesterday, how dare we win a game or two. So the tankers are now dissecting the entire game and trying to come up with a reason why we won and what could have been done to actually lose. 

DeNiro thinks that playing Tanev and Hamhuis 20 minutes contributed to our victory, not to mention Willie playing them in the last minute of the game to protect the lead. He feels Pedan and Bartkowski deserved way more ice time and should have been on the ice in the last minute to allow Anaheim to tie the game. 

It's actually gotten WAY out of hand now. The Canucks have basically the worst record in the NHL over the last month which satisfied the tankers very much, but because our kids actually stepped up the last 2 games we actually won them both so now tankers are in panic mode and want Willie to call up Friesen and Labate to ensure we lose the last 4 games so we get that extra 5% chance of winning the lottery. 

And what if we do win the lottery and pick Matthews?  If he the next McDavid or the next Daigle?  We don't even know for sure he will be a bona fide star in the league and lead us to the promised land. For all we know the 8th player selected in this draft could turn out to be the best of the bunch. It's happened before. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

"Figured out" what?  Have you even looked at the rosters of the three teams?  The Canucks are back to being short players again due to injury.  What now, call up the last remaining prospects from Utica in Subban, Sautner, etc?  We've been playing anywhere from 4-8 rookies the whole season and have demoted vets in favour of keeping them.

It's remarkable how winning two games translates in some people's minds to "playing all the vets and sitting out kids in order to win games, unlike Calgary and Toronto who are doing the complete opposite".  At least look at the rosters and TOI before making such knee-jerk assertions based on nothing but assumptions.

Giordano is playing 22 minutes a night but according to some those minutes are all in garbage time to pad his stats and cover up their tanking. 

I swear you couldn't make this sh$$t up even if you actually tried. 

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

The complaint would be that we won yesterday, how dare we win a game or two. So the tankers are now dissecting the entire game and trying to come up with a reason why we won and what could have been done to actually lose. 

DeNiro thinks that playing Tanev and Hamhuis 20 minutes contributed to our victory, not to mention Willie playing them in the last minute of the game to protect the lead. He feels Pedan and Bartkowski deserved way more ice time and should have been on the ice in the last minute to allow Anaheim to tie the game. 

It's actually gotten WAY out of hand now. The Canucks have basically the worst record in the NHL over the last month which satisfied the tankers very much, but because our kids actually stepped up the last 2 games we actually won them both so now tankers are in panic mode and want Willie to call up Friesen and Labate to ensure we lose the last 4 games so we get that extra 5% chance of winning the lottery. 

And what if we do win the lottery and pick Matthews?  If he the next McDavid or the next Daigle?  We don't even know for sure he will be a bona fide star in the league and lead us to the promised land. For all we know the 8th player selected in this draft could turn out to be the best of the bunch. It's happened before. 

I hope we win the lottery so we can trade down, take one of the D, and add another 'almost elite' / almost 'star' / almost 'franchise player' in the process lol.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Usually agree with you but thinking Stamkos will sign in Vancouver is wishful thinking IMO. Why would he?

Drafting #1 has to be the imperative. A 1C like Matthews has to come to this roster as Henrik declines. Drafting top 3 gives Benning all sorts of options going into the draft. I like that scenario rather than a 'hope' that Stamkos wants to be a Canuck.

Totally agree with you! If PTO's were allowed I would bring the Trail Junior Smokies down for the remaining games! Fans should be asking when the next opportunity will come to draft a franchise player. Oh ya, every 17 years.

Even if they finished dead last by 20 points, there's no guarantee they get the top pick, or even top 3.  I prefer to see them play well and let the chips fall where the league lottery determines.

5 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Fans hoping for victory at this stage are WEAKLINGS....or dummies.... lol

Note the lol....when I say lol.....I mean it

33 minutes ago, oldnews said:

listen to the flexing shellfish noodle.

no self-respecting professional athlete, coach or manager would ever intend to lose a game(s) to gain a spot or two in the draft rankings.

So do you think they intentionally lose games, or not?

that's what sets these arguing groups apart - one side are a bunch of pie-in-the-sky dreamers that lack the mindset of real athletes and competitors and are delusional enough to think that a "star" saviour is going to propel the team to a Cup. 

I know of no one who has said this.  I will be the first...It could happen.

I prefer to get behind the intentions and goals of real world athletes and franchises.

Add to that all the wasted time obsessing over the perceived differences between a 4th, 5th or 6th pick (the only ones not determined by the lottery) and you have some colossal expenditures on derpidity.

Of course this is all a waste of time, why remind us.  If you believe there is a big difference between those picks...you care...caring is good.

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Note the lol....when I say lol.....I mean it

So do you think they intentionally lose games, or not?

I know of no one who has said this.  I will be the first...It could happen.

Of course this is all a waste of time, why remind us.  If you believe there is a big difference between those picks...you care...caring is good.

Go get 'em Clam.  I've got your back.  Do you have a back?  

2 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Lol...thanks man....but I am already tired out.:)

Yup.  It's a lot more fun, and far less tiring, to enjoy the humor in so many of these posts - especially the ones where it's not intended!  :lol:  Some of these guys crack me up with their visions of grandeur.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  It's a lot more fun, and far less tiring, to enjoy the humor in so many of these posts - especially the ones where it's not intended!  :lol:  Some of these guys crack me up with their visions of grandeur.  

I like the one post with a monkey just sitting there watching and stuffing popcorn in its face...lol.   I gotta find that one.  Suppertime.

Just now, clam linguine said:

I like the one post with a monkey just sitting there watching and stuffing popcorn in its face...lol.   I gotta find that one.  Suppertime.

I like the one where the furry (but oh so cute) alien is getting smashed on the head with a guitar by a Wookie!  :lol:

5 hours ago, zimmy said:

so it was the ducks who out tanked the nucks! I gotta say I never saw this coming.

more like look at all the Kesler haters on here think Kesler even cares about winning or losing against the Canucks.. pretty sure he feels no hatred towards the canucks.. only the fans have hatreds towards him.. so why does he even care winning or losing against this team? long season.. can't win them all.. 

Archived