The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lotto

Inge34

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, cause the email scandal, nepotism, and continued employment of Kelly Sutherland paints a picture of a league acting with the utmost integrity...  The NHL has earned every bit of doubt they are getting due to repeated misconduct.

Im not disputing any of that... The results speak for themselves, if it was rigged the big players would win all the time but they have not.

Each team has a representative there to make sure nothing happens.

As for weighted/modified balls, there's no way to really know, unless you actually inspect each one yourself with a scale and measuring tool. The balls could also be manufactured by a non-biased third party, and each ball is assigned a team by random, rather than in order.

17 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

If I were to guess it will go Boston, Vancouver, Toronto 

I can live with that. I hate Boston, but in that loser top 14, if anyone deserves the 1st overall pick, it would be us, Boston, Winnipeg, calgary, etc. Just not the Oilers.

17 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Each team has a representative there to make sure nothing happens.

As for weighted/modified balls, there's no way to really know, unless you actually inspect each one yourself with a scale and measuring tool. The balls could also be manufactured by a non-biased third party, and each ball is assigned a team by random, rather than in order.

Read one of the above posts that clarifies. Its not 1 ball per team. Its more like lotto 649. And each team has hundreds of tickets. Too many combos to rig.

Just now, butters said:

Read one of the above posts that clarifies. Its not 1 ball per team. Its more like lotto 649. And each team has hundreds of tickets. Too many combos to rig.

I know that. Theres still a finite amount of balls used.

That said, it doesn't matter how many balls there are. You can still rig a team's ball(s).

5 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

I'm expecting us to draft 6th OA to save myself from disappointment. 

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Instead of 14 teams having a chance to draft first OA, I'd rather the top 5 teams have a shot at first OA.

This is the best approach.  This team has no luck so I am thinking more about prospects in the 5-6 range. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Cool.  I wonder what JB will think of the kid? I wonder which group JB is putting Dubois into though?  4-6 or 7-10?

Dubois will probably be gone by the time 7 comes around. 6th spot could be a toss up between Nylander or Juolevi. 

Just now, LordHorvat said:

Dubois will probably be gone by the time 7 comes around. 6th spot could be a toss up between Nylander or Juolevi. 

So four or five then?  That sounds like Chychrun might be a faller?  

Matthews

Finn

Finn

Dubois

Tkatchuk

Juolevi

Nylander

then Chychrun, or could he drop even more?

Tkatchuk or trade down for Sergachev IF we're out of the top 3.

I'll be so wrapped up in Game of Thrones that this week will fly by.

Happy to be alive.

EDIT: An acknowedgement of Earth Day, I hope everyone take just a minute to realize how lucky we are to live in this beautiful province. Hug a tree, kiss a bee.

Archived