The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please stop rushing players development on this team!

On 11/11/2014 at 10:00 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Just send him down for the sake of this kids confidence.

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

why would I want this, Horvat was the only player who showed up in the Calgary series.

Am I the only one who can't follow desi's line of thinking?  In some threads he wants most of the vets traded for unproven prospects and middling draft picks, and in this thread he's lamenting that Virtanen and McCann are being rushed...the only things that he's consistent about are his dislike for the management and his love Bobby Sanguinetti.  Desi - can you help me understand your line of thinking?

Personally, I like that Virtanen and McCann were with the Canucks this season...having them exposed to the Sedins, Burrows, and Hamhuis is a good thing, and as was stated by Nazzy, they did earn their spots on the roster coming out of camp and beyond their 9 game threshold.

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

UMMMMMMMM Most of Torontos kids have had less than 1 season in the AHL, yet they are over ripe :bigblush:

?? What?

Look what Mitch Marner did in the OHL, lit it up like a Xmas tree, then scored 40+ points is 16 playoff goals, 16 goal for 1gpg. 

Hyman, Nylander, Soshnikov were all ripening in the AHL until end of year to give them a taste. Nylander could have been brought up all year but they wanted him to say in the minors and develop.

7 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Aren't you the guy that wanted Horvat sent back to junior last year desi?

11 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

again old news what the heck lol 

that's 2014? you said last year. 

2014/15

2015/16

pretty straight forward.

November 2014...

Same discussion as fall of 2015, talking about Hutton, McCann, Virtanen...

3 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Am I the only one who can't follow desi's line of thinking?  In some threads he wants most of the vets traded for unproven prospects and middling draft picks, and in this thread he's lamenting that Virtanen and McCann are being rushed...the only things that he's consistent about are his dislike for the management and his love Bobby Sanguinetti.  Desi - can you help me understand your line of thinking?

Personally, I like that Virtanen and McCann were with the Canucks this season...having them exposed to the Sedins, Burrows, and Hamhuis is a good thing, and as was stated by Nazzy, they did earn their spots on the roster coming out of camp and beyond their 9 game threshold.

yes I can, its simple. I want management to stop the pipe dreams of giving the Sedin twins a another chance, and face reality and trade veterans - key ones- Hansen and Edler for picks or 21-22 range prospects. 

if they get picks- then yeah I want them to use the proven way eg develop the patience way, no need to rush.

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

?? What?

Look what Mitch Marner did in the OHL, lit it up like a Xmas tree, then scored 40+ points is 16 playoff goals, 16 goal for 1gpg. 

Hyman, Nylander, Soshnikov were all ripening in the AHL until end of year to give them a taste. Nylander could have been brought up all year but they wanted him to say in the minors and develop.

Marner wasn't ready thats why. How the heck is he over ripe? he needed to add weight and even now he needs to have a good offseason to make the Leafs out of camp.

Nylander is the same as Marner, he needed to add weight and work on the defensive side of the game. Also you say these player are over ripe but Marner, JUST LIKE VIRTANEN AND MCCANN went back for his +1 year, same as Nylander (spent to all in the AHL/SHL) They are by no means overripe.

4 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yes I can, its simple. I want management to stop the pipe dreams of giving the Sedin twins a another chance, and face reality and trade veterans - key ones- Hansen and Edler for picks or 21-22 range prospects. 

if they get picks- then yeah I want them to use the proven way eg develop the patience way, no need to rush.

What the hell are you talking about? You acting like we're giving up futures to push for the playoffs.

Desi gonna Desi.

Just now, Frail Granny said:

Virtanen and McCann both played another year of junior after being drafted. How is Babcock a genius for doing the same with Marner? 

Because he's Desi.

McCann and Jake were both given limited minutes, and I love the way they handled McCann by managing his games played schedule.

Jake after a disastrous WJC came back strong, but given its their first years, and they had 3rd or 4th line roles, I do not think they were rushed at all. 

Horvat also gone through prolonged slumps but was able to work through them and put up 40 points last year

Linden and Benning have a development plan, I would much rather have hungry kids learn on the job than watch Higgins in a 2nd line role. The Sedins are still around to ensure these kids act like pros. Worked for Horvat, and I think Jake should get the drift that he cant be an immature teenager in the NHL. 

McCann has a chip on his shoulder and needs strength, dont forget he had numerous injuries the last few years, sapping him of his strength. Go JB!

27 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Marner wasn't ready thats why. How the heck is he over ripe? he needed to add weight and even now he needs to have a good offseason to make the Leafs out of camp.

Nylander is the same as Marner, he needed to add weight and work on the defensive side of the game. Also you say these player are over ripe but Marner, JUST LIKE VIRTANEN AND MCCANN went back for his +1 year, same as Nylander (spent to all in the AHL/SHL) They are by no means overripe.

Well yeah, he wasn't' ready so they didn't bring him up. He will be over ripe when they bring him up. Didn't read past the highlighted part. Not interested. 

Didn't McCann need to add weight and get stronger? Didn't Virt need to add skill? TO chose to leave their top 2 kids in the juniors or minors. VAN decided to keep their top 2 up to the NHL. 

Can't stand this blind hate for other Canadian NHL cities on these boards. Posters take offense like it's something personal if someone else points out another team doing something right. Weird. 

Canucks have a chance at Caggiula = next St Louis coming to us. Future Star. Players love Vancouver's beauty and the direction Canucks are taking. 

Oilers sign Coggiula = HE scuks, gonna be a bust liek Schultz was. We never wanted him anyways. Attack him on twitter and embarrass the city of Vancouver.

Some of you guys act like 12 year old kids. 

23 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

What the hell are you talking about? You acting like we're giving up futures to push for the playoffs.

Desi gonna Desi.

trading veterans for younger players, will make this team worst for that season, coin-flip. However, in the long-run, which should be our goal build a long term team, it will help. 

Imagine Hansen and Edler can fetch us a great return. Teams might want Hansen's service for playoffs and they might pay a decent price, just look at what Winnick got, we can get a bit more. 

we all know that willie prefers that players learn how to play in the nhl, in the minors....his hands were tied, but he tried to not put them in, over their heads...the injuries didn't help either...you can say what you want about attendance, but the bottom line for a business is to think of the income for several years down the road...fans were clamouring for more youth....

i doubt that our 1st round pick makes the big club this year but it is possible....we will struggle for a couple of years...there are no quick fixes...

I'm convinced many moves the past couple years,  including keeping those two kids in the show, were ownership decisions,  not management. 

Admittedly just a feeling,  but it doesn't fit with JBs own statements he's made in the past where he says he himself was rushed into the league too quickly by management and it profoundly affected his development in a negative way unfortunately.  Why would he do that to those kids unless he felt pressure from ownership? 

Archived