The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

When are expansion draft lists due?

•  Expansion Draft: Thursday 22 June 2017 (time TBA)

•  Deadline for submitting expansion draft lists: 23:59 PT on Saturday 17 June

•  Post-playoffs trade deadline: 23:59 PT on Friday 16 June 2017

Feel free to send it in earlier though. It can be changed at any time until the deadline.

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

The clash of my two former teams...who do I want to win? Obviously I'm not going to say!

Clearly the lack of goaltending hurt LA and again, that sweep by Anaheim destroyed @Beary Sweet's forward lines. Quite the matchup though.

You did a fantastic job with both Vancouver and LA, @Captain Azzy. If the previous Vancouver GM hadn't been inactive and benched key players like Holtby for over half the season, I'd bet that the Canucks would be pushing for a spot in the top ten this season. Similar situation in LA with Quick's lengthy injury as well. That's potentially 200-250 points lost for each team. I'd expect both teams to improve next year based on the GM being active and setting rosters.

Not to discredit the work that @Tylez and @Beary Sweet have done with their teams, of course. I love the activity that both GM's (and others) have brought into this league. 

Speaking of goaltending, as some may know from ongoing negotiations, Lundqvist is available if anyone is interested. The asking price is not high - I'm looking to create some cap room for my team. I'd probably be looking at a decent prospect or roster player (a goalie coming back my way is not a requirement). He may be getting older but he score 344 fantasy points this season and should likely put up stellar point totals as long as NYR keeps winning games. I could even take back a cap dump my way. 

21 minutes ago, Watermelons said:

You did a fantastic job with both Vancouver and LA, @Captain Azzy. If the previous Vancouver GM hadn't been inactive and benched key players like Holtby for over half the season, I'd bet that the Canucks would be pushing for a spot in the top ten this season. Similar situation in LA with Quick's lengthy injury as well. That's potentially 200-250 points lost for each team. I'd expect both teams to improve next year based on the GM being active and setting rosters.

Not to discredit the work that @Tylez and @Beary Sweet have done with their teams, of course. I love the activity that both GM's (and others) have brought into this league. 

Nah, that @Tylez guy is pretty bad. It was all @Captain Azzy if you ask me. ;)

Forwards
1. Ritchie
2. Saad
3. Steen
4. Rakell
5. Wilson
6. Bergeron
7. Berglund

Defense
1. Gostisbehere
2. Manson
3. Johnson

Goalie
1. Holtby

As of right now this looks like our protected list. Leaving some decent talent available for @Captain Azzy

Anze Kopitar

Kevin Klein

Carl Hagelin

Cody Eakin

Keith Yandle

With that being said, we are willing to take offers on the above mentioned players, but are we in now way going to trade then away for nothing. We realize we will be losing a great player, but we don't intend on losing a whole bunch. Deals will need to be for other players playing, as I have no interest in picks or prospects (unless they are see g NHL time)

Also we will take offers on ufa' s rights such as:

Patrick Sharp

Dennis Rasmussen

Andrei Sustr

Send me a msg and let's chat if anyone interests anybody. But keep in mind I am in no rush or under no pressure to deal anyone 

10 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Yeah that's a tough pill to swallow WSA. You did a great job getting this far, but that sweep of Calgary let your team down, and who had Radulov being a beast? I reckon you'll be right up there again next season.

To be fair we had a lot of belief in Radulov.  We traded Ovi, in part to make room for his salary.  

But, as I have said elsewhere, we don't believe we are in the echelon of real contenders. We're still building, as is WSA.  Radulov is part of a team.

I think we're 11th in points among playoff teams. Same as the regular season. We're hoping we have some guys who can develop into a Radulov to play alongside him! And will be looking for a few more!

16 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Seems like a good time to congratulate Surfer and his Bruins. I hung in there with you longer than I thought I would! But reality is I just don't have the horses to compete and battle back from the huge deficit you have opened up.

Good luck in Round 2. Looks like it will be a tough one.

Thanks WSA! 

Not completely convinced the fat lady has sung?  But we're grateful for the competition and handshake. We'd do the same as we echo the congratulations for the work you have done.

I would not like to call the series between @Tylez and @Beary Sweet - last night really closed the gap, and both have key players either through already or knocked out.

That being said, the closest matchup is @Blue Jay 22 versus @oldnews...just 0.25pts in it! Looks like the Nashville sweep may just have backfired for BJ, and that oldie may sneak through?

14 hours ago, Tylez said:

Leaving some decent talent available for @Captain Azzy

Anze Kopitar

Kevin Klein

Carl Hagelin

Cody Eakin

Keith Yandle

You just trying to get me back for all those large contracts I lumbered you with, or what?

17 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

I would not like to call the series between @Tylez and @Beary Sweet - last night really closed the gap, and both have key players either through already or knocked out.

That being said, the closest matchup is @Blue Jay 22 versus @oldnews...just 0.25pts in it! Looks like the Nashville sweep may just have backfired for BJ, and that oldie may sneak through?

OMG!!!! :wacko:

Archived