The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

Well that was a heartbreak, lol.

What a close series that could have gone either way. Congrats to the Jets and good luck to them in the next round.

With our offseason upon us, the Dallas Stars are now open for business. Tarasenko, MacKinnon, Ehlers, Arvidsson, McDonagh, and Gardiner would take overpayments beyond belief for us to consider moving. Other than that, PM if interested!

15 minutes ago, Nail said:

Best of luck my man.

I thought we'd lose in Round 1, but now I know we're losing in Round 2 :lol: 

We started off with a weak roster and now it's weaker!

Jake Guentzel / Connor McDavid / Scottie Upshall

Roman Josi / Adam Larsson

Justin Schultz

Best of luck to you as well.

I think it'll be a close series. If the Ducks can't contain the Oilers, and/or the Pens make short work of the Caps, you could definitely win this.

5 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Some round 1 story-lines:

- all the higher seeds won, except for Vancouver who continues the late season run

- Florida is scary

Cherry picking my way into a couple of these story lines; 

Tampa beat us in the regular season.  Great to have been decried the higher seed? :towel:

Florida is scary! They are depleted from the first round however.    

Just not as much as us. We go in with a second round line-up of Zibanejad, Perry, Burakovsky, hit monster Jean-Gabriel Pageau, & Pietrangelo. Plus back up goalie Tristan Jarry with one game of NHL experience. There are some solid players, even game breaking potential there?  But it's not a big list.  Florida has 12 skaters plus Bernier. Was thinking of some great trash talking line?

But we're just going to keep our mouth shut and cross our fingers!

Tipping a Winnipeg / Vancouver west final! With the winner a shoe in to breeze through the finals...   :bigblush:

29 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Cherry picking my way into a couple of these story lines; 

Tampa beat us in the regular season.  Great to have been decried the higher seed? :towel:

Florida is scary! They are depleted from the first round however.    

Just not as much as us. We go in with a second round line-up of Zibanejad, Perry, Burakovsky, hit monster Jean-Gabriel Pageau, & Pietrangelo. Plus back up goalie Tristan Jarry with one game of NHL experience. There are some solid players, even game breaking potential there?  But it's not a big list.  Florida has 12 skaters plus Bernier. Was thinking of some great trash talking line?

But we're just going to keep our mouth shut and cross our fingers!

Tipping a Winnipeg / Vancouver west final! With the winner a shoe in to breeze through the finals...   :bigblush:

You were ahead for a while - guess I forgot TB passed you in the end.

New story-line: MM needs more sleep.

7 hours ago, Master Mind said:

58bc62bb4af82_rangerssigsmaller.jpg.214fa290b0aefddd46ccb859911c7333.jpg

Round 2 Lineup

Eller - Malkin - Kuznetsov

Connolly - Vermette - Shaw

Ellis - Edmondson

Schmidt - Ruhwedel

If only I had Schwartz and Allen right about now. Even the Kessel for Kane deal hurt my playoff lineup...

Who would have guessed the team moving on was St Louis rather than Chicago though? I know I didn't at the time of the trade.

While we were officially eliminated yesterday, like some teams, the Kings are open for business also. Our protection list is mainly set with Benn, Tanev, Seabrook being our 3 D protected and Quick being our main netminder locked up. Our forward group, however, remains undetermined. Few sure locks are Hornqvist, Toffoli, Kesler, Namestnikov, Faksa but our remaining 2 forward protection spots is still up in the air with Fast, Backlund, Bozak, Calvert, Brouwer all in the mix. Campbell, Markov, Martin are all available for the right price. We're open to listening to offers for everyone and it will take a mind blowing offer for some players. PM if you're interested

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

I'm guessing @apollo is licking his wounds somewhere right now.  Just be thankful it wasn't the Jets knocking you out, and me gloating right now (and reminding you how low that pick you traded for will be :P.)    Translation: I still want revenge for last year's playoffs.

But, this is for you, to cheer your sad ass up a little....(between Tryamkin to the KHL and your Preds getting dominated by Chicago....) this is for you fellow homer.  You need bonino.

BIG GAME BONINO! Still can't believe he got robbed of the Conn Smythe... but hey, I guess Crosby's 1 more point made up for the fact that he was -2 and BBB was +9... not to mention he blocked shots like a truck. Guess I shouldn't complain though... the whiner is on my team! 

I'll feel a little better if @somethingvery goes on to win the cup... always best to lose to the Champ. 

-----

Disclaimer: The above comments are not a representation of GM Apollo's. I am Apollo and I love my player Sidney Crosby - 10/10 Guy. Crosby > Bonino 

-----

Comments from GM Apollo in the exit conference

"I take full responsibility for this first round exit... I made countless questionable moves that threw us in the 8th seed and lead to our demise. However, you live and you learn... 

The pressure got to me near the TDL and I sewered two first round picks only to be kicked out in the first round. Hoping to re-sign Chris Kunitz and Polak will be a solid asset moving forward for us...

Will be bring on an Assistant GM or perhaps new GM this off season. I have a couple interviews for those spots and will tackle them shortly with ownership...

Current candidates and interviews we have set up are with the Legendary John Garrett, Don Taylor, Gary Too Good Looking Valk, and a mystery man not to be named... we'll make our decision shortly."

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Who would have guessed the team moving on was St Louis rather than Chicago though? I know I didn't at the time of the trade.

During the Blues struggle, my AGM said he thinks STL will turn it around and be a threat.

Problem is, he believed in SJ and CHI more at the TDL, as did I, and probably everyone else. The trade made sense at the time, but I'm still kicking myself for it.

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

During the Blues struggle, my AGM said he thinks STL will turn it around and be a threat.

Problem is, he believed in SJ and CHI more at the TDL, as did I, and probably everyone else. The trade made sense at the time, but I'm still kicking myself for it.

I was kicking myself after it for awhile actually. Really expected the Blues to do something weird like sign Bishop or trade for Fleury which is why I waited until the 11th hour to pull the trigger. You just never know what the Blues will do with their goaltending, historically speaking. I hope those days are now over and Allenis the guy. Probably until he has a bad 10 games next season lol

CDC Puck.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Watermelons, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to announce the signings of:

Rhett Gardner - 3 years, $700k AAV

Tyler Moy - 3 years, $825k AAV

Alex Iafallo - 3 years, $800k AAV

Due to Fantrax not having all College players, Rhett Gardner appears as Prab Rai on the roster, and Alex Iafallo as Wacey Rabbit.

CDC Puck.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Tylez, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to announce the re-signings of:

Patrik Berglund - 2 years, $3.85m AAV

Jordan Weal - 2 years, $1.15m AAV

And the signings of:

Brendan Troock - 2 years, $700k AAV (Jeff Tambellini)

Marek Landhammer - 3 years, $850k AAV (Toni Lydman)

Calvin Thurkauf - 3 years, $850k AAV (Patrick Thoresen)

Yan Pavel Laplante - 3 years, $800k AAV (Martin Lapointe)

Hunter Miska - 3 years, $750k AAV (Ryan Malone)

Fantrax really sucks with its lack of players.

CDC Puck.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @D-Money and his co-trapeze artist @Monty, the Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased to announce the signing of:

Spencer Smallman - 3 years, $835k AAV (Geoff Sanderson)

Please accept my apologies for the monstrous delay in posting all those - I've had by far and away the busiest month of my working life so far. I've nearly finished my book, just 3,000 words of quality historical writing away, and I'm nearly back in the swing of things here.

Gutted that Fantrax hasn't got all these new players on the system though. What are we paying them for?!?!?

3 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

CDC Puck.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @wallstreetamigo, the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to announce the re-signing of:

Deryk Engelland - 3 years, $2m AAV

We are thrilled to bring Deryk's veteran presence back for the foreseeable future. He has provided a steady defensive presence on our blue line, doing the little things that hopefully will allow our young guns Aaron Ekblad, Justin Faulk, and John Klingberg focus on generating more offense from the back end. Combined with David Schlemko, we feel that this gives us a steady defensive group going forward.

3 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

On behalf of General Manager @D-Money and his co-trapeze artist @Monty, the Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased to announce the signing of:

Spencer Smallman - 3 years, $835k AAV (Geoff Sanderson)

Columbus is very happy to add Spencer to our organization. He somewhat quietly put together a fantastic season for the Sea Dogs, with 30 goals and 79 points in 60 regular season games, followed by 8 goals and 12 points in 10 playoff games. Added to his physical play (gritty player who likes to throw the body) and leadership skills (captain of Sea Dogs for last 2 seasons), he could become a valuable player in our league if he continues his development trajectory.

After dealing Wayne Simmonds, Kyle Okposo, Shane Doan and Nick Merkley during the season, our once-phenomenal depth at RW was getting thin. Fortunately, we have a number of versatile veterans who can play multiple forward positions. But long-term, adding a natural RW prospect of Smallman's pedigree helps bolster the position going forward.

Archived