The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

Just a boring Monday night so I thought I would make note on some players I am willing to shop.

Zach Parise: Zach was acquired in our big deal sending Kopitar packing. His contract is being retained currently for the duration of his contract at 6.288M. We would be willing to retain another 1.2M for the duration putting him at a cap friendly 5M for the rest of his contract. The guy can produce no question and Min in real life have a real shot to contend for years to come. He is expendable due to the fact I have a mass amount of forwards

Asking Price: Ideally would be a top 4 Dman, that or some younger prospects close to or at NHL ready. Forwards welcome :P

Cody Eakin: Yes he struggled, but with his new life in Vegas and injury woes hopefully behind him he will bounce back! Again with a plethora of F we feel he is expendable

Asking Price: A similar like player, picks or prospects at any position

Daniel Audette, Michael Bournival, Michael Latta, David Warsofsky: 

Depth players who should all (with the exception of Audette) see some or quite a bit of game action this year. Audette is a decent MTL prospect who has played very well in JR. 

Asking Price: Picks would be preferred

Justin Pogge: Signed as an article I read suggested he may be making an NHL return. Apparently I read to much in to it. But if anyone else wants to take that chance

Asking Price: Free to a good home

Hope to get some talks going. Picks always available as well :p. But even if only vague interest let's chat and see where it goes!

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To PHI: Nick Bjugstad

small.png  To DAL: Reilly Smith

Would like to thank @Phil The Thrill  For the fast negotiations. We are happy to add someone like Reilly who should see a nice fresh restart in Vegas. Nick as well as Reilly were casualties last year to a very unfortunate Panthers team.  With Vegas Rsilly will be relied on for scoring though they may not make the playoffs it's still a big factor fantasy points wise  and with a good season this trade could turn out as a win 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Miyagi said:

Would like to thank @Phil The Thrill  For the fast negotiations. We are happy to add someone like Reilly who should see a nice fresh restart in Vegas. Nick as well as Reilly were casualties last year to a very unfortunate Panthers team.  With Vegas Rsilly will be relied on for scoring though they may not make the playoffs it's still a big factor fantasy points wise  and with a good season this trade could turn out as a win 

Thanks @Mr.Miyagi for quick negotiations. We originally acquired R. Smith as part of our first trade as GM of the Flyers in trading away Stamkos.  He's been a proven 40-50 point player and playoff performer in the past so he was tough to give up. We had really good offers for him last year, but never pulled the trigger. Bjugstad will be a good addition to our team. He had a tough time last year with his injury but it is our scouting departments believe that he will turn it around.

12 hours ago, Tylez said:

Just a boring Monday night so I thought I would make note on some players I am willing to shop.

Zach Parise: Zach was acquired in our big deal sending Kopitar packing. His contract is being retained currently for the duration of his contract at 6.288M. We would be willing to retain another 1.2M for the duration putting him at a cap friendly 5M for the rest of his contract. The guy can produce no question and Min in real life have a real shot to contend for years to come. He is expendable due to the fact I have a mass amount of forwards

Asking Price: Ideally would be a top 4 Dman, that or some younger prospects close to or at NHL ready. Forwards welcome :P

If only I still had Marc Staal, I could make you an offer ;)

On 1/4/2016 at 8:00 PM, Drewismyname said:

cdcpucklogo1_zpsq04f6fje.jpg

TRADE

To Arizonaarz_zpsyctq9lhl.jpg: 2018 5th Round Pick (If Bachman plays ten games before the 2018 Entry Draft)
To New York Islanders nyi_zpspfqrcybf.jpg: Richard Bachman

TIL Richard Bachman is five games away from getting me a 5th round pick.

6 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

@Tylez

Marc Staal for Zach Parise. 

1 for 1. Great deal, fair deal, the best deal. THE BEST. 

8 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

If I only I still had Dan Girardi, I could make @Tylez an offer ;) 

8 hours ago, apollo said:

If only I still had Marc Staal, I could make you an offer ;)

....Uhhh...

John Garrett: Nashville Fans calling for GM Apollo's resignation 

by John Garrett / Nashville Predators 
August 4th, 2017
Image result for apollo creed

The Nashville faithful have had enough of GM Apollo's reign and are calling for change. Many believe he inherited a team that was drafted well in the first 20 or so rounds and it's been downhill since he took over mid fantasy draft. The team managed to make it to the West final in their first year despite some poor decisions by Apollo. Those decisions piled on and they were out in the first round this season. 

To make matters worse, he's sold off countless prospects, draft picks and has yet to have a pick in the 1st round. The team had 2 last season but he absolutely sewered one for Kunitz who was the expansion pick for the VGK and the other was for Roman Polak who isn't even signed with an NHL team. Roman was injured early on in the playoffs and Kunitz didn't play a single game for the team... leading to an early first round exit in 2017.

His highest pick was Carter Hart who has now been traded as well for older players that may end up being no use. 

As it stands, Shane Doan, Thomas Vanek (who he re-signed to a ludicrous deal), Jimmy Hayes and Roman Polak all remain on the opening night roster but have no NHL team. This team will be destined for last place if these 4 players don't sign deals soon. 

His only good move was acquiring the Dragon Slayer who is arguably the greatest athlete in the history of sports but one good move doesn't wipe out all the other terrible decisions. 

Nashville ownership has taken notice and rumours suggest there will be a major change in their front office in the coming hours or days. In an interview with ownership I heard that Apollo will likely stay on for at least the season but with limited decision making. 

John "2Honest" Garret - Signing out. 

(So clearly I'm bored and there's nothing going on in CDC)
Nashville Predators hire new President & Coach

by Dirk Hoag@Forechecker  Aug 4, 2017, 1:24pm 

This afternoon at a Bridgestone Arena press conference, the Nashville Predators have announced moves to strengthen their executive leadership and take a load off GM Apollo's shoulders who has come under fire as of late. His struggles have been well documented and fans are excited to have some new faces and voices in charge.

"We're proud to announce to our fans the hiring of president Mike Gillis and coach Markus Naslund. On top of their duties, they will assist GM Apollo with managerial decisions. We feel they will both be great acting assistant GM's and still be able to do their job as President and Coach respectably" 

3964511.jpg?size=640x420

Highlights from the press conference: 

Mike Gillis: I told Markus from the start... we have to be in this together. Once he was on board, I knew we could work well here and ultimately bring a cup to Nashville. 

Markus Naslund: Aside from being my agent for most of my career, Mike was a mentor for me. He always had my back and when the opportunity came to take a job together, I couldn't resist. 

MG: I'm very familiar with what it takes to be president of a hockey club. With a great supporting cast, I was able to help The Glorious Vancouver Canucks become the first team in the post salary cap era to win back to back league championships. We did it in the Western Conference to boot... not the easy East that the Washington Capitals just did it in. 

MN: I think if myself, Mike and Apollo put our brains together, we can build a championship team. I spoke to Apollo and I was shocked how open he was from the get go. The respect he's shown for us has been incredible and respected our ideas in the meetings we've had. He's a great hockey mind himself but with Mike and I helping out, I think we'll be able to accomplish even more. 

MG: The fans have been hard on Apollo but we see their concern. Our job will be to help scout and manage the cap better. We need to build a deep prospect pool and only sell off assets if we're in a good position come trade dead line. 

Apollo: When ownership came up to me initially, I was devastated. I had sleepless nights. I wasn't sure who they wanted to bring in or what direction we were heading in. Once I was told it was Markus and Mike... I couldn't be happier. I simply can not ask for a better supporting cast. When you've got two of the greatest icons in the history of sports entertainment, it just makes your job easier. I feel like the weight of the world is lifted from my shoulders and we can all focus on moving forward. 

Roberto Luongo: I've already sat down with Mike and it's all water under the bridge. He made me a rich man and respected my abilities more than any GM ever did. I joked about him making me captain again too... As for Markus, I was blessed to breath the same air as he did for 2 seasons. He's a heart and soul kind of guy and left it all on the ice. Most humble and respectful captain I ever saw. Can not wait to see what he'll do as Coach. He's arguably one of the greatest hockey minds ever and I'm sure it'll translate into Coaching and AGM duties. 

Alex Burrows: Wow... (pauses for 3 minutes as tears of joy come down his cheeks)... Markus... he was the best mentor I ever had. I can't wait to put it all on the line for him. As for Mike, I have nothing but respect for the man who architect-ed the team I had most my success on.

Alex Edler: I owe Markus and Ohlund for helping me come out of my shell when I was drafted. It'll be my honour to play for him. Mike is a close friend and I'm excited to see all the changes he'll make. He upgraded our facilities and surroundings immensely while in Vancouver and I'm sure he'll do the same. He made that franchise the best organization in hockey to play for and I'm sure he'll do it here as well. 

Untitled-1.jpg.1dc1d38edc01a92bf8b3ddacae0b67ef.jpg

For the record, I will now be addressing all messages for @apollo to Mike Gillis. And when you turn down my scintillating trade offers, I will question whether you have the authority to make that decision. Or whether you need to consult with MG. 

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

For the record, I will now be addressing all messages for @apollo to Mike Gillis. And when you turn down my scintillating trade offers, I will question whether you have the authority to make that decision. Or whether you need to consult with MG. 

I'm still the GM ;) they'll just have "input" ... trying to keep the fans under control. 

Kinda like when Aquaman just hired a face as a president who really had 0 experience. I don't think Naslund has ever coached in RL so kinda similar I guess. Both have been GM's though.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I'm still the GM ;)they'll just have "input" ... trying to keep the fans under control. 

Kinda like when Aquaman just hired a face as a president who really had 0 experience. I don't think Naslund has ever coached in RL so kinda similar I guess. Both have been GM's though.

Aw man. So you're telling me that this deal doesn't count?

cdc puck trade.PNG

2 hours ago, Watermelons said:

Aw man. So you're telling me that this deal doesn't count?

cdc puck trade.PNG

LOL love the reply from MG. 

To correct you though, I'd have 3 starting goalies after that trade, not two ;)

In order of eliteness 

1. Ryan Miller 

2. Roberto luongo 

3. Hunriq landkust

Archived