The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

@Monty I think I'd rather the tree through my house than that ugly rock-work in the front. What the hell is that? Imagine having to weed that too :S

In other news we are very pleased to have signed both Asplund and Sergachev to 3 year ELC's. They're a big part of our future, and much like Buffalo we see ourselves being in a great spot in approx. 2-3 years also. 

On 2017-07-12 at 5:18 PM, thejazz97 said:

595625f498a44_PuckMain.jpg.e96598216c9cd8a33fb4d62d11930dc7.jpg

On behalf of @Mr.Miyagi, the Dallas Stars are proud to announce the signings of:

Brian Gionta - 1 year, $1m

Jarome Iginla - 1 year, $1m

Slater Koekkoek - 2 years, $1.29m

Slater Koekkoek is an RFA, signed from the Tampa Bay Lightning. @wallstreetamigo and @Herberts Vasiljevs have seven days to match the offer or accept compensation, which, given the salary, is nothing.

Tampa has decided to match the offer.

The Nashville Predators have about 8 million in cap space

We are willing to take up to 4-5 million more in hopes of upgrading our forward group. 

If you need to shed cap, we could be a great fit. 

Open to moving a dman for a forward as well. 

Not looking to trade any valuable young assets for high cap players. Preferably on shorter term deals. 

Off-Season Watch: Calgary Flames

This off-season was very hectic as the Calgary Flames underwent big changes in management, with current GM maroe stepping in 5 days before the expansion draft. We saw Jonathan Ericsson being lost to Vegas and a flurry of changes to our roster especially to the draft picks up until this point, including the addition of Cody Glass, Shane Bowers, Kole Lind, and Ivan Lodnia from the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. We also had lots of movement in terms of players as well with notable players in Ryan Dzingel, Henrik Sedin, and Loui Eriksson, who were acquired and immediately dealt shortly afterwards: 

Out: Michael Dal Colle, Stepan Falkovsky, Ty Rattie, Jordan Greenway, Michael McCarron, Nikita Nesterov, Colby Cave, Max Domi, Lawson Crouse, Jordan Schmaltz

In: Sam Reinhart, Christian Djoos, Jimmy Vesey, Lars Eller, Nathan MacKinnon, Nathan Beaulieu

Calgary Flames

Jimmy Vesey  -  Auston Matthews  -  Nathan MacKinnon

Christian Dvorak  -  Jack Eichel  -  Sam Reinhart

Lars Eller  -  Jordan Staal  -  J.T. Compher

Brandon Gaunce  -  Lance Bouma  -  Andy Andreoff

Oliver Ekman-Larsson  -  Jay Bouwmeester

Brandon Carlo  -  Zach Werenski

Nathan Beaulieu  -  Kyle Quincey

Matt Murray  -  Ondrej Pavelec

Stockton Heat

Timo Meier  -  Cody Glass  -  Jake Virtanen

Shane Bowers  -  Nicolas Roy  -  Kole Lind

Paul Bittner  -  Axel Holmstrom  -  Ivan Lodnia

Hunter Smith  -  Mikhail Vorobyov  -  Givani Smith

Chris Terry  -  Christoval Nieves  -  Tyler Randell

Christian Djoos  -  Tyler Lewington

Oleg Sosunov  -  Jared Tinordi

Anton Cederholm  -  Carsen Twarynski

Troy Grosenick  -  Malcolm Subban

We are still definitely looking to make many more moves in the future so hit GM maroe up with offers and don't be shy. We are most definitely willing to retain for one year if needed and we have many playoff assets, so get in before it is too late. We are looking to complete the rebuild by the end of the 2018 season and be competitive in 2019. We ask that the Pacific to disregard us for one more season before expecting us to pound them in the following year. It has been a long ride and the arrival of GM maroe has sparked us into a new direction as opposed from before. We believe that we can once again become the team that you fans love so much. 

Opinion wanted. I'm taking over a fantasy team and we are trimming down our teams to one player at each position and then redrafting. It is a 3 year keeper league. I'm thinking of trading Ovechkin because I think he is going to be on the decline and will probably bolt for the Olympics this year. Do you think Erik Karlsson is fair value if I can get that deal? If not give me other names to Target. 

Hope this is posted in right spot. Didn't want to start a thread and this one seemed active with the line of thinking I'm looking for.

First off @Vanisleryan, welcome to CDC Puck. I am pretty sure there are other forums out there for fantasy opinions or even reddit as well, but nevertheless, we will try to answer your question. A few things to note:

1. No idea how your scoring system works so it is hard to say whether it is worth or not. A league that has 1 pt for hits would make Tom Top Sixito Sesito into a god. 

2. On paper, it would be a pretty good trade as Karlsson has been consistent as one of the top scoring defenceman. 

3. Don't trade and just wait till later. You can make the trade anytime and I am pretty sure the person would be keeping Karlsson as well. See how your team pans out and then trade on need if you want to rid of him. 

Just now, somethingvery said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg.e4255fef0b004cc84127d680e60caef0.jpg

To ARZ: Derek MacKenzie, Jamie McGinn, Mark Stuart, Maxim Letunov, ARZ 2019 5th

To NYR: Kevin Bieksa, Drake Caggiula, Kari Lehtonen, NYR 2018 1st, LAK 2018 3rd

To STL: Corey Crawford, Zdeno Chara (50% ret.)

Thanks to @thejazz97 and @LilBurrows for all the time put into making this trade, and thanks to @somethingvery for processing.

Was not easy to give up Crawford, but we hope that Mason and Lehtonen each get a good number of starts, and that Forsberg takes a big step forward this year.

Happy to get some draft picks back, including our 1st, as well as a quality young forward in Caggiula.

Best of all, we got to keep up in the arms race with @apollo by picking up the elite Kevin Bieksa.

Wishing Crawford and MacKenzie all the best on their new teams.

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To DAL: Artemi Panarin

small.png  To CBJ: Victor Arvidsson

It's a blockbuster night!

If you asked me a couple weeks ago if I would trade Victor and Nathan in the same week let alone at all I would've laughed hysterically. But here we are, Thanks to @D-Money  for this deal as it took maybe two or three  Messages. We are really excited to add someone like Artemi.  Someone again who is of the same age as Victor and also produces just as close as he does so in reality we don't really lose all that much we actually gain. How do we say no to that?  We feel we have really improved with our last two trades 

48 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Opinion wanted. I'm taking over a fantasy team and we are trimming down our teams to one player at each position and then redrafting. It is a 3 year keeper league. I'm thinking of trading Ovechkin because I think he is going to be on the decline and will probably bolt for the Olympics this year. Do you think Erik Karlsson is fair value if I can get that deal? If not give me other names to Target. 

Hope this is posted in right spot. Didn't want to start a thread and this one seemed active with the line of thinking I'm looking for.

That heavily depends on the scoring system. Generally good defence is harder to come by though.

This thread is mainly for our pool, but we're happy to help. There used to be a thread though for fantasy advice, pinned at the top of the forum, but I can't find it. Maybe @Monty could re-pin it? Unless it was deleted.

Archived