The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

13 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

577e77ffb2a0a_CONTRACTSIGNING.jpg.a5c28f23c50f284a0149215349c34c8d.jpg.a0e2b0e7fa829568a541224e57927c75.jpg

On behalf of @thejazz97, the Arizona Coyotes are tickled pink to sign:

Michael Hutchinson - 1 year, $930k

Alex Stalock - 1 year, $795k

Niklas Svedberg - 1 year, $695k

zDkN6aH.png

Alright, so, since finding a new goalie to take over for Markstrom was proving to be so hard, we decided to go on a little more of an unconventional route. We expect two to three of Michael Hutchinson (WPG), Alex Stalock (MIN), Niklas Svedberg (MIN), Keith Kinkaid (NJD), and Alexander Georgiev (NYR) to make their respective teams' rosters this season, giving us hopefully at least two goalies to compete with. 

We'd like to thank the commissioners for a swift response, and all the best to the rest of you as the season goes!

11 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

zDkN6aH.png

Alright, so, since finding a new goalie to take over for Markstrom was proving to be so hard, we decided to go on a little more of an unconventional route. We expect two to three of Michael Hutchinson (WPG), Alex Stalock (MIN), Niklas Svedberg (MIN), Keith Kinkaid (NJD), and Alexander Georgiev (NYR) to make their respective teams' rosters this season, giving us hopefully at least two goalies to compete with. 

We'd like to thank the commissioners for a swift response, and all the best to the rest of you as the season goes!

a nice goalie depth you have there now 

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

Yeah. I'm just hoping they aren't all sent down.

i m sure stalock or svedberg  are in the mix for the wild

kinkaid also for new jersey ..or?

hutchinson will be tough with mason and helleybuck in front of him

georgiev ..maybe not this season ..but you ll never know 

i ll see if Berube is able to earn the Backup Spot in Chicago . he´s a good goalie but he just played to less games in the past 2 years since he was allways no. 3 in long island .

anyways...i have to watchout for a backup during the season if he doesn´s make it  

13 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i m sure stalock or svedberg  are in the mix for the wild

kinkaid also for new jersey ..or?

hutchinson will be tough with mason and helleybuck in front of him

georgiev ..maybe not this season ..but you ll never know 

i ll see if Berube is able to earn the Backup Spot in Chicago . he´s a good goalie but he just played to less games in the past 2 years since he was allways no. 3 in long island .

anyways...i have to watchout for a backup during the season if he doesn´s make it  

I figured I was safe by signing both Stalock and Svedberg - if one gets sent down, the other stays up, unless there's some waiver claim hokey pokey involved.

If Hutchinson has to pass through waivers, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like San Jose claim him - he's a decent goalie who just has a tough lineup ahead of him.

Kinkaid I'm fairly certain will be NJ's backup, leading me to think my goalies will be Kinkaid and Stalock. Helluva combo.

2 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I figured I was safe by signing both Stalock and Svedberg - if one gets sent down, the other stays up, unless there's some waiver claim hokey pokey involved.

If Hutchinson has to pass through waivers, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like San Jose claim him - he's a decent goalie who just has a tough lineup ahead of him.

Kinkaid I'm fairly certain will be NJ's backup, leading me to think my goalies will be Kinkaid and Stalock. Helluva combo.

not sure if michalek could be a threat for them ..but i guess he needs 1-2 more seasons in the AHL to develope 

well ...a helluva combo :lol:

Pittsburgh Penguins Off-Season Report

The atmosphere in Pittsburgh is notably different this year than last. When GM Watermelons drafted this team two years ago in the inaugural CDCP draft he promised fans that although the team might start slow, it would be a top contender by the 2017-18 season. Fans were excited to follow the development of youngsters like Anthony Mantha, Mathew Barzal, Shea Theodore, JT Miller, Alex Wennberg, and others. Fast forward two years and Barzal is no longer on the team but the others seem poised to be dominant fantasy players for years to come.

Why did the excitement level in the city drop then? Two seasons ago, the Pens were way out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline but made a miraculous push in the final weeks to close the gap and sneak in, eventually losing to the powerhouse Detroit Red Wings led by GM drewismyname. Entering the 2016 summer, however, cap issues caused the team to give up youngsters in Backlund and Gardiner. Nevertheless, the quick start the Pens got off to at the beginning of the year made both the fans and GM Watermelons impatient. Two major trades that involved moving out young pieces were made to help the Pens secure the #1 spot in the division in November but it wasn’t enough to hold off the fierce rivals in the Metro. To make matters worse, four big pieces were moved – Mathew Barzal, a 1st rounder, Brandon Dubinsky, and David Savard. It didn’t help that right after the trades, Columbus went on a 16-game win streak and the underperforming Dubinsky regained his form as one of the top fantasy players in the league. The loss of Nick Holden in the expansion draft just adds to the disappointment of trading a couple significant pieces to load up.

Looking back, the team may have been better served allowing the youth to develop for one more year before going all in next season as planned from the beginning. On the bright side, the Pens NCAA free agent signings and draft picks at the 2017 draft added some much needed talent to a prospect pool that was lacking depth.

Rumours out of Pittsburgh suggested that over the course of the last two weeks GM Watermelons was very close to trading core players in Henrik Lundqvist and James Neal to clear cap space. Interest in the two players heated up in the last two weeks when 3 GMs reached out to Pittsburgh regarding the availability but it seems as if trade talks have slowed down. A separate rumour linked Anthony Mantha as part of a bigger deal that would clear a ton of cap space. With Pittsburgh needing to clear 3 million in cap space before the end of the season, what will GM Watermelons do? Interested parties should reach out before a rival GM swoops in and rips the Penguins off.

Barring an inevitable trade, the Pens roster looks as follows:

NHL ROSTER

Chris Kreider - Alexander Wennberg - JT Miller

Anthony Mantha - Logan Couture - James Neal

Alex Killorn - Nick Schmaltz - Patrick Eaves

Johan Larsson - Nick Cousins - Tommy Wingels

Extras: Shane Prince, Matt Stajan

Alec Martinez - Kris Letang

Jake McCabe - Dustin Byfuglien

Shea Theodore - John Moore

Extra: Taylor Chorney

Cam Talbot

Henrik Lundqvist
Michael Neuvirth

Aaron Dell

Will Kris Letang ever be healthy? Will the young forwards replicate their performance from last season? What will the Penguins do about 4 goalies that they have? While the team looks like it may have the best goalie group in this league, you can only play one goalie a night. Will GM Watermelons be able to flip one or even two of them to boost the team's forward/defence depth? Time will tell...

Buffalo Sabres Terminate the contract of Andrei Markov as he moves to the KHL

http://www.tsn.ca/habs-will-not-re-sign-d-markov-1.815156

(that link has a terrible title, but I promise that if you open up the article it is about Markov going to the KHL)

We are saddened he has chosen to not play in the NHL this year, but wish him the best of luck with Akbars Kazan, and in the Olympics.

@somethingvery @Master Mind @Captain Azzy @thejazz97

30 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Buffalo Sabres Terminate the contract of Andrei Markov as he moves to the KHL

http://www.tsn.ca/habs-will-not-re-sign-d-markov-1.815156

(that link has a terrible title, but I promise that if you open up the article it is about Markov going to the KHL)

We are saddened he has chosen to not play in the NHL this year, but wish him the best of luck with Akbars Kazan, and in the Olympics.

@somethingvery @Master Mind @Captain Azzy @thejazz97

Done.

2 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

@thejazz97   @gmen81 @Baer. @Watermelons and @any GM who needs some cap room, we just had a pretty significant amount of space (and a contract slot) open up. Happy to take on almost anything, as long as it doesn't last too long, and have 3-4 contract slots to play with too.

If you're interested in Ladd pm Gmen and I.

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png To BUF: PA Parenteau, 2nd Rd. Pick (2018, ANA)

small.png To ANA: Future Considerations

Spoiler

Considerations will include a 5th round pick being sent to Anaheim conditional on PA Parenteau posting at least a .950 save percentage.

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png To BUF: PA Parenteau, 2nd Rd. Pick (2018, ANA)

small.png To ANA: Future Considerations

Hide contents

Considerations will include a 5th round pick being sent to Anaheim conditional on PA Parenteau posting at least a .950 save percentage.

Always a pleasure to help someone with their cap, and gain a pick or two for our trouble. Thanks to @Jaku for our easiest negotiations yet, and the magnificent moderating mob for their admin. 

Nervous about those future considerations though! The Buffalo Sabres will wait with baited breath to see if Paranteau hits that .950 save percentage. 

We still have 5M or so for anyone else needing cap help. Reach out any time. 

Archived