The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

I have just returned from two holidays and will be working with @Master Mind, @somethingvery and @thejazz97 to get CDCP ready for the new season - if anyone has any ideas for changes they would like to see, or clarifications they'd like from us, now is the perfect time for all of those PMs :)

A new league thread will begin at some point in the coming days - please DO NOT post in the thread until one of us four says you can, as we need those first few posts for all the league business.

Thank you, and I hope you're all having a great summer!

A new idea that may or may not be very good, is a "reputation list" on all the GMs. Make a scale from 1 - 10. Have 3 categories, for example...

Seriousness - Super serious or just here to have fun. 

Trading - How hard they are to trade with, make realistic offers vs trying to steal from you. 

Goodness - Overall reputation based on all interactions. (Drafting, team building, interactive/interesting posts)

Someone could create a survey template, that everyone could quickly fill in after every Major event. (Draft, July 1, Trade deadline, beginning of season)

Thoughts?

I think it would help new GM's and also give current GM's some positive/negative feedback on how they are doing.

26 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

A new idea that may or may not be very good, is a "reputation list" on all the GMs. Make a scale from 1 - 10. Have 3 categories, for example...

Trading - How hard they are to trade with, make realistic offers vs trying to steal from you. 

Goodness - Overall reputation based on all interactions. (Drafting, team building, interactive/interesting posts)

Someone could create a survey template, that everyone could quickly fill in after every Major event. (Draft, July 1, Trade deadline, beginning of season)

Thoughts?

I think it would help new GM's and also give current GM's some positive/negative feedback on how they are doing.

If someone had a low rating (is it an anonymous rating from everyone or only the commissioners?) wouldn't that make people biased and less interested in trading with them, even if they were trying to improve? Seems like a "yikes" waiting to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

If someone had a low rating (is it an anonymous rating from everyone or only the commissioners?) wouldn't that make people biased and less interested in trading with them, even if they were trying to improve? Seems like a "yikes" waiting to happen. 

I think I'd personally like to have a peer-reviewed evaluation. Can't improve your shortcomings unless you know they are there. 

this could be voluntary?

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I think I'd personally like to have a peer-reviewed evaluation. Can't improve your shortcomings unless you know they are there. 

this could be voluntary?

I think a good thing to add would be responsiveness to messages (responds in minutes vs hours/days vs weeks).

Eh, Yeah I gotta say, I would be REALLY wary on this idea. A publicly view-able reputation table that lets us sewer each other based on subjective interactions is going to get....ugly.  One bad interaction or misunderstanding and someone is going to end up throwing 0 ratings at someone hard. Especially with something as subjective as "goodness". You could get blasted for making a post that you thought was interesting, but someone else didn't. Or go a little off the board with your drafting to try something new, and get publicly roasted for being "bad" at drafting. 

From past experience, I vote strongly that the last thing the league needs is a mechanism to judge and flame each other. Even if it doesn't get directly confrontational, it WILL make it a popularity contest. 

@thejazz97 @Master Mind @somethingvery @Captain Azzy

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Thoughts?

Best thing for new GMs is to sit back and not make sweeping changes until they have a good idea of how things are run and REALLY understand how the scoring structure works. 

There are ways to improve every league and we should always look at ways to improve it. And I strongly think we should always bring up ideas we think may work. And if it doesn't, that doesn't mean the core idea isn't good (ie: don't throw out the baby with the bath water).

But as for this? No. The hardest of passes.

51 minutes ago, D-Money said:

C'mon guys...you don't need a list to know somethingvery, oldnews and myself are a**holes.

Am I not on the list because AGMs are exempt, or because I'm on my own separate list?

C*nts

Monty

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

Eh, Yeah I gotta say, I would be REALLY wary on this idea. A publicly view-able reputation table that lets us sewer each other based on subjective interactions is going to get....ugly.  One bad interaction or misunderstanding and someone is going to end up throwing 0 ratings at someone hard. 

Even if it doesn't get directly confrontational, it WILL make it a popularity contest.

My main concern exactly! 

I am mostly just biased because I am not popular though :lol: 

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

Fair to say it was a bad idea...

E3152CAD-B054-42D9-90FA-06CFC183D84C-2326-000004BBD45D887E.jpeg.96cf6ca0861ce1c532a539b76fd9f935.jpeg

It might be good if there was a self-reported survey though. I'd be curious if people were taking Puck seriously/just in it for fun, currently participating in other leagues, had played in leagues before, etc. Like a little bio on each GM, even if it was a joke bio (I bet @apollo could write some good stuff).

The real problem with such a list is it removes gamesmanship. Getting to know other GMs styles and quircks, and adapting how your present yourself accordingly, is all part of the fun.

Having a list saying that 'this guy is like this' and 'this guy is like that' is kind of silly, considering.

Archived