The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I love it that Gaunce and Fox have this year to develop chemistry. That will make it much more comfortable for them once they move on to Utica. Is Gaunce eligible for the AHL next year? Obviously Fox is.

Hopefully Utica can make it through a couple of playoff rounds so that our juniors get a chance to move up and play at the end of the season. Horvat, Gaunce, Fox, and Cassels would all have a chance to play I'd assume.

at this point i'd be hoping that utica makes the playoffs... they are dead last in the AHL, and 15 points out of a playoff spot... but they have games in hand on everyone so it's not a completely accurate standing, though even if they win all the games in hand they wouldn't be in the playoffs...

With the tough losses in some of the recent games, I think they're all but out at this point. It'd take a pretty incredible run to get back into a playoff spot.

EDIT: almost forgot this was the Gaunce thread, and it sure looks like he'll go far in the playoffs with Erie.

Edited by elvis15

With the tough losses in some of the recent games, I think they're all but out at this point. It'd take a pretty incredible run to get back into a playoff spot.

EDIT: almost forgot this was the Gaunce thread, and it sure looks like he'll go far in the playoffs with Erie.

Playing with a stacked team will be good for both Gaunce and Fox. Confidence is a wonderful thing to bring, and a taste of success early can make a huge difference for their early pro careers.

Question: Does the AHL draft players, or are they just signed? Does Utica being last have any silver lining?