The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Yep! That's the 2nd prospect the Canucks have who has been named OHL player of the week, the other being Frank Corrado for the week of October 22 - 28.

Link: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/bulls-gaunce-ohl-player-of-the-week/134968

but according to mr. reputable our prospects blow because none of them are playing in the world juniors.
  • Upvote 1

^^^ Well, to be fair, the OHL is depleted right now because a lot of talented OHLers are in the WJC right now and Gaunce won in their absence. It's odd to not see names like Jenner, Strome, etc on there. Maybe they don't give it out to players in their last season as juniors - because these guys definitely have had dominant weeks ...

But good for Gaunce. I think he is a good prospect and I hope to see him on the WJC squad next season, although he will have a lot of competition from the upcoming draft class...

Would like to see Gaunce pull himself up to the PPG level of production. Just 5 points shy right now.

:lol: So Seguin sucks to because he didn't play in the WJC to, right?

I believe he was with the Bruins already so he wasn't able to participate at the WJC. None of the Canuck prospects are playing for the club. They outright failed to make the team or wasn't invited to try out.

Quite easy to figure if someone uses wisdom.

Edited by Mr. Reputable

I believe he was with the Bruins already so he wasn't able to participate at the WJC. None of the Canuck prospects are playing for the club. They outright failed to make the team or wasn't invited to try out.

This guy :bigblush:

Wrong lol. He was cut in his draft year, and Hall made it.

I agree w/ Corrado.

No one can argue that Canuck drafting has any history of quality pics. That said the current regime is IMHO the best the Canucks have ever had. Drafted talent by the Canucks suffered from a 'sink or swim' mentality for much of the past 40 years. The fact that Tanev, Schneider, K-Conn and Kassian are being given serious AHL time is a hugh advance for the Canucks.

The absolute classic Canuck screw up was Dale Tallon. I would argue he had as much talent as Perrault but never acheived what he could have because of Canuck management.

No one can argue that Canuck drafting has any history of quality pics. That said the current regime is IMHO the best the Canucks have ever had. Drafted talent by the Canucks suffered from a 'sink or swim' mentality for much of the past 40 years. The fact that Tanev, Schneider, K-Conn and Kassian are being given serious AHL time is a hugh advance for the Canucks.

The absolute classic Canuck screw up was Dale Tallon. I would argue he had as much talent as Perrault but never acheived what he could have because of Canuck management.

The current regime has a horrible drafting record so far IMO but it is still VERY early to judge. Tanev and Lack are good prospects but were signings, not draft picks. Nonis was on the road to having a fantastic drafting record until 2007. I liked most of GIllis picks at the time - the problem is mostly development and bad luck.

Price and McNally have NHL potential but it will be hard to gauge until they turn pro. Polasek, Connauton and Sauve have an awesome package of size, speed, skill and toughness but their development seems to be going sideways or downwards.

Rodin was a gamble that could have paid off but the Wolves have veteran undersized scoring forwards with a solid AHL resume (Sterling, Gordon, Haydar and Ebbett) who take away top 6 playing time from Sweatt and Rodin.

Edited by canucklehead44