The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Career 50 point guy, I don't see him being our first line guy, but I do see Mcann being our 1st line stud in the future.

For Horvat to be a 1st line center: a) he needs to improve his shot b. his decision making (skill) c) speed

Are you really this stupid? Rhetorical question, because 99.9% of CDC members would probably say you fall into the severely impaired category of the IQ chart.

Well I guess the one good thing about our severely challenged friend desiboy is that he's refrained from giving rim jobs to Sanguinetti, Subban and Grenier.

• Upvote 2

Are you really this stupid? Rhetorical question, because 99.9% of CDC members would probably say you fall into the severely impaired category of the IQ chart.

Well I guess the one good thing about our severely challenged friend desiboy is that he's refrained from giving rim jobs to Sanguinetti, Subban and Grenier.

W/E dude, I been right about anything I have predicted. Go look at my previous threads.

Funny, I don't see anything but a man crush on a career AHLer.

Well let's see. Here is just a few

1. Told you Bieksa needed to be traded before his stock dropped. (made a thread about it)

2. Told you Lucas Sbisa signing will be bad

3. Predicted Weber will be horrible in the playoffs

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

Duchene scored 55 points at 18 years old and now 55 points at 24 years old.

Ryan O'Reilly came in with way less hype and expectations as a 4th line player.

Now he's not only a great 2 way player but has the same number of points as Duchene.

I expect similar things out of Horvat.

Career 50 point guy, I don't see him being our first line guy, but I do see Mcann being our 1st line stud in the future.

For Horvat to be a 1st line center: a) he needs to improve his shot b. his decision making (skill) c) speed

Your first two points, (Shot, Hockey IQ) I won't agree or disagree with you, I would need to see more of Horvat's play before I would feel comfortable commenting on those. As for speed, he has vastly improved his skating from when he was drafted, his acceleration is vastly superior to what it was over a year ago, he's also improved his speed a lot as well, won't win any speed contests, but he's been able to blow by defenders using his speed/acceleration.

As for a career 50 point guy, I think anyone making long-term judgements this early in a players career is short-sighted, at best. He may end up as a 50 point 2nd line C, or a 1st line 70 point C, or whatever. I would have put money down that Kesler was never going to evolve past a great 3rd line checking center. If anyone remembers him before he broke out, guy had hands made of stone, couldn't finish plays at all...went on to score 40 goals, I ate dirt pretty badly on that one haha.

Just for comparisons sake:

Horvat's 1st year as a 19/20 year old rookie: 68GP, 13G, 12A, 25P Best F/O guy we had, played in key minutes during big games.

Ryan Johansen's 1st year as an 18/19 year old rookie: 69GP, 9G, 12A, 21P

Ryan Johansen's 2nd year as a 19/20 year sophomore: 40GP, 5G, 7A, 12P

Now some people would be willing to trade the farm for a chance to have him on our team. Will Horvat be as good as Johansen? Hard to say, I would lean towards not likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either, so locking Horvat in as capping out as a 50 point player when he's only played 1 year of pro hockey, and just turned 20...seems silly at best :)

• Upvote 4

Im starting to think Horvat could turn into a 1st line center. He trains like a beast ala hockey night in canada segment. He impressed me so much this season. Best rookie year for a player since Bure. Hes kind of like a bull on skates.

To be fair I never thought his ceiling would be a 1st line center, but he's displayed some flashes of pure offensive talent at times. Still not sure if he can ever consistently produce 70-100 points in an NHL season, and the way these playoffs are going it looks like teams with strong offences are winning playoff rounds over good defensive teams for some reason.

He'll be one of if not the best 2nd line center in the league in a few years time. Very similar to Kesler in many ways, and we should be pretty happy about that.

Just for comparisons sake:

Horvat's 1st year as a 19/20 year old rookie: 68GP, 13G, 12A, 25P Best F/O guy we had, played in key minutes during big games.

Ryan Johansen's 1st year as an 18/19 year old rookie: 69GP, 9G, 12A, 21P

Ryan Johansen's 2nd year as a 19/20 year sophomore: 40GP, 5G, 7A, 12P

Dat comparison though...

48695297.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey does anyone know why Horvat has not been sent to Utica? they resting him up after his impressive rookie campaign? or is there some sort of contract stipulation stopping him from going to the AHL? When I play GM mode and my NHL team is knocked out early, I send all my best rookies to the farm for more experience. Technically they should be able to send him there on a 2 way contract.

Hey does anyone know why Horvat has not been sent to Utica? they resting him up after his impressive rookie campaign? or is there some sort of contract stipulation stopping him from going to the AHL? When I play GM mode and my NHL team is knocked out early, I send all my best rookies to the farm for more experience. Technically they should be able to send him there on a 2 way contract.

Since he's not a junior he couldn't be promoted to the AHL after his junior team was done for the season.

That leaves him needing to have been assigned to the Comets at least on paper on March 2, the date of the trade deadline. He wasn't assigned to Utica at that time (Markstrom, Kenins, Clendening and Biega were and Corrado had been recently sent down) so he can't play for the Comets in the playoffs now.

It may be the Canucks couldn't assign him on paper March 2 because the agreement between the NHL and AHL requires a player to be 20 or to have completed 4 seasons of major junior. Horvat turned 20 in April.

I for one am happy to have Horvat not playing for the Comets in the playoffs. He's already played for the Canucks in their playoffs and I doubt playing the playoffs for the Comets would do much good for his development.

It's not fair to Utica.... At no point and time was Bo a Comet on a regular basis. He was a Canuck. It's like asking why didnt we send down Tanev, Kassian, Lack... Etc...