The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

It's amazing on how Horvat's skating improved by miles ahead compared to when he's drafted. That confidence is showing when he's taking the puck from coast to coast making plays like that shows that he'll be a very very good player for the Canucks. I love it when he broke the ankles and made that flames defender fall on his ass. Another great move was when he man handled Raymond who is usually quite fast and just took the puck straight to the net.

Our future is only going to get better especially with Horvat gaining valuable experience. Comparing to Hodgson when we had him during our run I'm more confident with having Horvat on our team compared to Hodgson who had issues with skating and back checking.

Agreed. I think he could be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer for most of his career.

Bo was for sure one of our top performers this post season. My top 3 goes

1. Horvat
  2. Edler
  3. Hansen

The Sedins and Vrbata played well, but those 3 for me really stepped up with an all around solid 200 foot game chipping in, in all ways

Bo was for sure one of our top performers this post season. My top 3 goes

1. Horvat
  2. Edler
  3. Hansen

The Sedins and Vrbata played well, but those 3 for me really stepped up with an all around solid 200 foot game chipping in, in all ways

Horvat had a good series. And so did Edler. But any reasonable performance measure (points scored, chances, Corsi, etc.) has the Sedins on top. They had an excellent series. Our problem was defence. We only had three good Ds out there -- Edler, Tanev, and Hamhuis. The other three guys really struggled. If the Canucks want to improve next year I would like to see all three replaced -- Sbisa, Bieksa, and Weber. However, with Sbisa just re-signed to an expensive contract and Bieksa on the last year of his NTC contract, I assume those two guys will both be back. Sbisa might improve and might be okay if paired with a reliable partner on the 3rd pairing.

Horvat had a good series. And so did Edler. But any reasonable performance measure (points scored, chances, Corsi, etc.) has the Sedins on top. They had an excellent series. Our problem was defence. We only had three good Ds out there -- Edler, Tanev, and Hamhuis. The other three guys really struggled. If the Canucks want to improve next year I would like to see all three replaced -- Sbisa, Bieksa, and Weber. However, with Sbisa just re-signed to an expensive contract and Bieksa on the last year of his NTC contract, I assume those two guys will both be back. Sbisa might improve and might be okay if paired with a reliable partner on the 3rd pairing.

i dont even think hamhuis was any good.
  • Upvote 1

i dont even think hamhuis was any good.

Really? Maybe it was just compared to his largely forgettable second half but I thought he was largely excellent. Imo it was Edler, Hamuis then Tanev, in that order as our best D.

Sedins, Hansen and Horvat as our best forwards.

Really? Maybe it was just compared to his largely forgettable second half but I thought he was largely excellent. Imo it was Edler, Hamuis then Tanev, in that order as our best D.

Sedins, Hansen and Horvat as our best forwards.

ya i guess it could be the comparables.

I think edler maintained his play from regular season.

This is how i seen it.

Edler

Everyone not named kevin or Luca

Sbisa

bieksa

Any who, so what do you guys think the odd are of bo getting the worlds invite?

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

Any who, so what do you guys think the odd are of bo getting the worlds invite?

Depends on how many veterans say no, but..

Giroux (but with Sidney going, will he go?), Staal brothers, Bergeron, Spezza, Seguin, Benn, Johansen, RNH, Couture, Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Schenn, Couturier, etc

And more will become available as more teams are eliminated

I would say pretty slim

Edited by Dasein

Depends on how many veterans say no, but..

Giroux (but with Sidney going, will he go?), Staal brothers, Bergeron, Spezza, Seguin, Benn, Johansen, RNH, Couture, Duchene, O'Reilly, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Schenn, Couturier, etc

And more will become available as more teams are eliminated

I would say pretty slim

okay i should probably get that out of my head then. kind of a bummer that thay didn't make him available for Utica.

Can Horvat be sent to Utica to help with their playoff run? I seem to remember the age rules being different if the player has already played pro.

I believe the CHL draft rule still applies. Needed to be 20 before the end of December.

Career 50 point guy, I don't see him being our first line guy, but I do see Mcann being our 1st line stud in the future.

For Horvat to be a 1st line center: a) he needs to improve his shot b. his decision making (skill) c) speed

Lmao you really think he caps out at 50 points?? Nobody thought Kes would hit 70, yet he did.

Aren't you the clown that's been hyping up Bo-Sang as the next Karlsson....