The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I think with a stronger supporting cast, another summer of training and studying what went wrong last year ( mostly the minus' and that one goalless streak,  I still think he had an outstanding year) were going to see a big year out of Bowey!

Hopefully Horvat can build from last season and get going in the first half of the season this year. I would like to see him be a Plus player this year or at least get way down from the -30 he was last season. 20 G and 25A is what I'm expecting from Bo this season. I hope he will show some consistency to his game.. Would also like to see Bo show some emotion this year. (sticking up for teammates and himself. Maybe get into a fight in a scrum after the whistle is just what he needs)

Edited by Outsiders
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

See no reason why Bo shouldn't be able to get close to 50 points this upcoming season. I would love to see that +/- improved as well.

If he plays the season consistently? Totally. Maybe even 60, depending on how we do this year. At least 40, that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I think he'll hit 45, just because we're so stripped down, but his play will be visibly better. Especially defensively.

And no Vrbata holding him down. Horvat could have had 10 more assists if Vrbata could just score goals this season. If we do sign Eriksson, I can see 50 points. (25 goals, 25 assists).

Horvat also needs to finish those chances. Could have easily scored 20-25 goals this season.

Hope he can continue that great chemistry he had with Bear. Tired of having him always shift up wingers, makes it hard to get any momentum going. 

Also I expect a lot more PP time, we seen he has a great shot now, is strong as a bull in the corners. 

So far he has improved his skating, stickhandling (nice toe drags), strength....next up is faceoffs! Go Bo!

Of all the player threads created, I fully expect this to be the one with the most comments.

Horvat has shown through his first two seasons in the NHL that he is fearless - he can play against other teams' top lines, play on all lines, PP, PK, last 60 seconds when down a goal, last 60 seconds when defending a 1 goal lead, play OT. Everything.

I cannot think of a player drafted by the Canucks, since the Sedins, who has inspired such confidence and faith in the future of the team as Horvat. He's shaping up to be an astonishing player, and I firmly believe that all those 'we're so lucky we saw the Sedins play here' posts we all write now, will be written in 15 years' time about Horvat.

I really think he has a better chance of being our future 1C than most people give him credit for. Watching guys like Mathews go to another team after being hyped up all year stings, but we should look at what we already have. We have a big, strong, fast, skilled, smart, two-way centre that could put up anywhere from 60-80 points a year. He is the prime example of the team that we are trying to build. 

• Upvote 1

For me, Bo is one of the most exciting players on the team.  40 points in his 2nd season and that's with a slow start.  At times he looks like a power forward charging down the ice making sweet plays with Sven.  He's smart and can play at both ends of the ice.

He can skate and is very hard to take the puck from him.  I see him as the kind of player that works hard and doesn't give up.  I won't be suprised if he has a 50pt season and his +/- is in the + range.  Great character guy who will probably be the next team captain.

I think he will surprise some fans within a couple of years.  He's a very special player.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

For me, Bo is one of the most exciting players on the team.  40 points in his 2nd season and that's with a slow start.  At times he looks like a power forward charging down the ice making sweet plays with Sven.  He's smart and can play at both ends of the ice.

He can skate and is very hard to take the puck from him.  I see him as the kind of player that works hard and doesn't give up.  I won't be suprised if he has a 50pt season and his +/- is in the + range.  Great character guy who will probably be the next team captain.

I think he will surprise some fans within a couple of years.  He's a very special player.

This. I think he'll probably be a 40 point guy again next season though. But only cuz with a healthy Sutter, Horvat is going to get less minutes.

But if Horvat puts up 40 points from the 3rd line alongside other young guns like Baertschi, Virtanen, Etem, or maybe even Tkachuk (but that one's a stretch), that's still improvement and bodes well for the future.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boddy604 said:

This. I think he'll probably be a 40 point guy again next season though. But only cuz with a healthy Sutter, Horvat is going to get less minutes.

But if Horvat puts up 40 points from the 3rd line alongside other young guns like Baertschi, Virtanen, Etem, or maybe even Tkachuk (but that one's a stretch), that's still improvement and bodes well for the future.

^this

a succesful season for Bo will be 40-45 points, in a smaller roll with Sutter hopefully healthy.