The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller | #30 | G

-SN-

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I don't see Miller staying in Vancouver unless he's paid starter money. I don't want to pay him starter money, thus I'd rather him leave unless he's somehow willing to take a significant pay cut.

Im curious as to who actually negotiates the contract with Miller's agent.  Whether its Jim Benning or John Weisbrod, but either way as we have seen in the past this management is willing to toss money around fairly frivolously, so I wouldn't be surprised Jim conceding to spending money on "his" man. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yeah, I honestly think Miller wants a starting job and starting pay. Vancouver isn't a fit for him anymore if we want to give Marky a shot at more than 30-40 games.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, -AJ- said:

Yeah, I honestly think Miller wants a starting job and starting pay. Vancouver isn't a fit for him anymore if we want to give Marky a shot at more than 30-40 games.

With Fleury probably going to LVK, I don't know of any other openings for a #1.  Not on the west side of the continent anyways. 

I really like Miller; he's a great team guy and is still a decent goalie, but if he does return to Van, I sure hope it's a shorter term and way less $ than his last contract.  I'm not sold on Marks, so Miller might take a chance that he gets +40 games.

58 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

With Fleury probably going to LVK, I don't know of any other openings for a #1.  Not on the west side of the continent anyways. 

I really like Miller; he's a great team guy and is still a decent goalie, but if he does return to Van, I sure hope it's a shorter term and way less $ than his last contract.  I'm not sold on Marks, so Miller might take a chance that he gets +40 games.

I.m betting Fleury ends up in Calgary. The question for me is whether he is traded directly from Pittsburgh or via Vegas. I.m sure Calgary would love to have Fleury mentoring Mason McDonald and Jon Gillies, either of who could be the Flames goalie of the future.

This would, of course, all be contingent on Fleury agreeing to a move to Calgary.

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I.m betting Fleury ends up in Calgary. The question for me is whether he is traded directly from Pittsburgh or via Vegas. I.m sure Calgary would love to have Fleury mentoring Mason McDonald and Jon Gillies, either of who could be the Flames goalie of the future.

This would, of course, all be contingent on Fleury agreeing to a move to Calgary.

Fleruy grew up in Quebec, and lived in Pittsburgh.  He's got to be okay (if not prefer) a colder winter climate like Calgary to Vegas, no?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fleruy grew up in Quebec, and lived in Pittsburgh.  He's got to be okay (if not prefer) a colder winter climate like Calgary to Vegas, no?

I think he would be okay with it but not too sure he would prefer spending his Winter months in Calgary over Vegas!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

We won't sign Miller until after the Dallas deal for third overall is for certain a no go.  That deal would (likely) require us taking back Niemi.

...which by all rights is our better route to take.  Niemi has only one year left on his contract which we can absolutely absorb, and isn't even really paid THAT much.  Probably around or even less than what Miller will likely want to be paid.  It just sucks that the 3OA isn't likely *quite* high enough for us to pick the player we truly want.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

...which by all rights is our better route to take.  Niemi has only one year left on his contract which we can absolutely absorb, and isn't even really paid THAT much.  Probably around or even less than what Miller will likely want to be paid.  It just sucks that the 3OA isn't likely *quite* high enough for us to pick the player we truly want.

Who do we "truly" want then: Patrick or Hischier?  

Edited by Alflives

22 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

That is the big question for sure.  I think he has 'gifted' Pitts enough by waiving his NMC (allowing them to keep Murray +2m salary cap), so I think he has likely stated his preference to the Penguins.

Fleury will be 33yrs old next season and has multiple SC rings.  I'm thinking he is looking at a long-term situation so he and his family can stay in one place for the rest of his career.  His current contract has 2yrs left, so I think he has a better chance of re-signing with LV than with Cal.  Starting off with a brand new team could be an interesting challenge for Fleury and has potential for future off ice dealings as well. 

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

ANA should have traded him to us... I still think they beat NSH if they had Miller.

Yup.  I agree.  Big mistake by Anaheim to go with poor goalies.  Now their window for winning is likely slammed shut.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:
2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

ANA should have traded him to us... I still think they beat NSH if they had Miller.

Come on Miller has been done for a couple years now.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who do we "truly" want then: Patrick or Hischier?  

Not for you and I to answer.  If we somehow got into the #2 position, then it would be whoever NJ DIDN'T pick.  

I think both would be good for this club as we really need an elite #1 center replacement, and both these players at least have that potential.  I think Hischier would be the more exciting player to watch and has the higher offensive ceiling, but I think that given the fact we are a rather ungritty team to play against that perhaps Patrick would be the better choice.  But I also think he has the higher chance for failure/injury issues over Hischier.  

Regardless of who is selected, I have trust in Benning he will end up with a very good player at the least.

• Upvote 1