The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Houston Teacher has sex with student, 13, who impregnated her

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

My sister and the bulk of my high school were in love with Mr. Epp...a dreamy tall dark teacher, young etc.

There's literally no difference in hormones and desire.  Trauma coincides with consent, although finding out at 13 you're going to be a parent can be very traumatic.  

Again, and I don't think I am alone in this; she is a predator, and this is pedophilia

I don't think anyone is arguing that she isn't a pedophile.  She's clearly stuck in time.  However, the consequence to the 13 year old boy doesn't include him becoming pregnant.  There is a clear difference between his consequence and a girl of the same age.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thanks for the lesson, and the advice.

With health problems that I've had in the last year you would think that I would take my own advice and not get irritated with humanity and stop reading comment sections and random message boards, but nope, I must be masochistic when it comes to myself.  :lol:

Just now, Warhippy said:

Never said they weren't.  Much like Sabrefan, at 13 I know what I wanted to do.  I wanted to do the same stuff I saw in that hustler we stole from Joe's dads stash

But there's messing around as literal kids, young teens, children...and then there's messing around as a child with a grown adult.

I mean, yeah - as a father, you get extra emotional baggage going on... but throughout history, it's only been in the last 100 years or so where this hasn't been socially acceptable...

It could very well be argued that we only survived as a species because reproducing at 13... 14... 15... was something we could do...

why is it that now a days we say 13 year olds aren't mature enough, can't handle it psychologically, they aren't tough enough?

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That would be a depressing read.

Honestly, the only reason a girl might be more traumatized by this then a boy is because girls might not be raised to be as 'strong' as boys...

All the women I've met in my life who grew up being told they were strong and could do anything probably wouldn't be as traumatized as most guys...

I really don't think that your gender has as much baring on this as the way you grew up...

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I beg to differ.  The consequences of being a parent at 13 in this day and age are very very traumatizing.  Anyone who is a parent can testify to this ;) 

more traumatizing then living in the middle ages where your 35-40 year old parents are probably going to die in a few years and you live on a farm not knowing whats going to happen with your crops? or worrying that if you break a bone you could die?

11 minutes ago, Dral said:

Honestly, the only reason a girl might be more traumatized by this then a boy is because girls might not be raised to be as 'strong' as boys...

All the women I've met in my life who grew up being told they were strong and could do anything probably wouldn't be as traumatized as most guys...

I really don't think that your gender has as much baring on this as the way you grew up...

As I said in my other post, I only have my own life experience to go on when it comes to this subject.  I would have been fine, but I'm just one individual.  That being said, I still think that sex in a psychological way, whether by modern upbringing or just today's societal expectations, is much more of an issue for females than it is males.  People such as Warhippy disagree.  I'm by no stretch of the imagination an expert on the subject.

4 minutes ago, Dral said:

more traumatizing then living in the middle ages where your 35-40 year old parents are probably going to die in a few years and you live on a farm not knowing whats going to happen with your crops? or worrying that if you break a bone you could die?

We kind of live in a different day and age here ya know.  Society is far less predicated on simple survival and the continuation of the species

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

We kind of live in a different day and age here ya know.  Society is far less predicated on simple survival and the continuation of the species

Really? I hadn't noticed :P

50 minutes ago, Dral said:

If 13 year olds aren't supposed to have sex, why does God let them reproduce?

Just because they can doesn’t mean they should. 

If you’re going to use the god argument I’m pretty sure he said to wait until marriage, most places don’t allow 13 year old to get married.

1 hour ago, Dral said:

If 13 year olds aren't supposed to have sex, why does God let them reproduce?

Even as an atheist I know God says no. 

Gotta wait until your married.  

Seriously. Married?   I would have missed out on so much fun if I believed in God. 

What a miserable prick that God is. Lol

But for real, even tho this lady is pretty hot, and there is a part of me that wants to hi-give the kid, this story is gross and wrong.  

But let's really think about this. 

Years ago, being gay was super wrong, something you should be ashamed of, and got hated you.  

Now, we have a prime minister hanging a rainbow flag beside the Canadian flag. 

Its awesome.  

Today, you can't diddle kids. 

Its super wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself and God hates you.  

Could we one day see a flag with a white van on it? 

(obviously I'm joking and do not believe homosexuality is even close to the same as pedophelia)

People seem to be missing the point that she was the TEACHER and he was the STUDENT.

Regardless of their ages, this is wrong on so many levels. She exploited her position of power and authority over this child. Total sicko.

1 hour ago, Dral said:

I mean, yeah - as a father, you get extra emotional baggage going on... but throughout history, it's only been in the last 100 years or so where this hasn't been socially acceptable...

It could very well be argued that we only survived as a species because reproducing at 13... 14... 15... was something we could do...

why is it that now a days we say 13 year olds aren't mature enough, can't handle it psychologically, they aren't tough enough?

Evolution has allowed them to begin reproducing early on. 

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Even as an atheist I know God says no. 

Gotta wait until your married.  

Seriously. Married?   I would have missed out on so much fun if I believed in God. 

What a miserable prick that God is. Lol

But for real, even tho this lady is pretty hot, and there is a part of me that wants to hi-give the kid, this story is gross and wrong.  

But let's really think about this. 

Years ago, being gay was super wrong, something you should be ashamed of, and got hated you.  

Now, we have a prime minister hanging a rainbow flag beside the Canadian flag. 

Its awesome.  

Today, you can't diddle kids. 

Its super wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself and God hates you.  

Could we one day see a flag with a white van on it? 

(obviously I'm joking and do not believe homosexuality is even close to the same as pedophelia)

Aye

but you raise an interesting point.

if there are enough diddlers out there in the future, at what time do they become a "social miniroty" and entitled to rights.  

Hey not to be confused. It's wrong. But I guess the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised that the trend of societal degeneration will only continue down to the level where once outlawed practices will become accepted within certain groups/conditions, etc.

weve long had examples of people in power abusing children.  Just recently that hip hop icon was caught out after decades.  An equally gross part to that story is, many knew about it but remained silent in order to maintain their gain.

exploitation of anyone/thing/idea what have you, will always be human trait and will only grow worse.

29 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Aye

but you raise an interesting point.

if there are enough diddlers out there in the future, at what time do they become a "social miniroty" and entitled to rights.  

Hey not to be confused. It's wrong. But I guess the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised that the trend of societal degeneration will only continue down to the level where once outlawed practices will become accepted within certain groups/conditions, etc.

weve long had examples of people in power abusing children.  Just recently that hip hop icon was caught out after decades.  An equally gross part to that story is, many knew about it but remained silent in order to maintain their gain.

exploitation of anyone/thing/idea what have you, will always be human trait and will only grow worse.

I laughed as I wrote about it, but for real, you never know.  

Enough people get behind it, some scientists say it's not the persons fault, it's a chemical imbalance.  

Then we have parades with half naked old guys walking down the street handing out candies to kids.   'Don't be scared Billy, the nice man wants to give you a treat.'

8 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I laughed as I wrote about it, but for real, you never know.  

Enough people get behind it, some scientists say it's not the persons fault, it's a chemical imbalance.  

Then we have parades with half naked old guys walking down the street handing out candies to kids.   'Don't be scared Billy, the nice man wants to give you a treat.'

Oh humans.:picard:

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Why?

Uhmmm

because she is

I misspelled the "now" in my previous post and was actually trying to say "not" which ended up changing the whole meaning of my post. But if they are clearly labelling her as a pedophile then all is good.

Archived