The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 1997 - 1998 jersey return

WalkWithElias

So i was in the team store the other day and we were talking about jerseys , then he told me the 1997-1998 jersey might be returning, he put my name down on form so when it does come in i have a chance of getting it,

they also told me way before the draft party was announced that we would be having one,

it be nice if they bring them back, i grew up watching these jerseys , and became a fan when they started to wear them

id especially get 2 , put the sedins on the back , 

I really dislike these jerseys for many reasons;

1. It came in during a dark time in Canucks history (see previous Messier comment)

2. They strayed away from previous Canuck themes, new colours and logo = a really bad change in identity

3. They look bland on tv

4. All in all, these just aren't big league hockey jerseys, it's a soft look and bad design

I could maybe see it for one game, maybe a 20th anniversary thing but I doubt they will do anything more than that.

I would welcome these jerseys back, they are head over heels better than the cheap looking agency font garbage ones we have now.  Never really embraced the blue and green, it's too soft of a colour combination. The navy blue maroon silver with the block letters font looked way more intimidating. Plus the need to get rid of the Vancouver from the jersey as well.

this is my 2nd favourite Canucks jersey behind the skate.

6 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I really dislike these jerseys for many reasons;

1. It came in during a dark time in Canucks history (see previous Messier comment)

2. They strayed away from previous Canuck themes, new colours and logo = a really bad change in identity

3. They look bland on tv

4. All in all, these just aren't big league hockey jerseys, it's a soft look and bad design

I could maybe see it for one game, maybe a 20th anniversary thing but I doubt they will do anything more than that.

3 hours ago, prix57 said:

I would welcome these jerseys back, they are head over heels better than the cheap looking agency font garbage ones we have now.  Never really embraced the blue and green, it's too soft of a colour combination. The navy blue maroon silver with the block letters font looked way more intimidating. Plus the need to get rid of the Vancouver from the jersey as well.

this is my 2nd favourite Canucks jersey behind the skate.

With the exception of the orca and non-previous Canuck themes, the jersey itself was a sharp clean look. The block font is a million times better than the cheap Agency garbage and the collar striping was much better.

Change the maroon to the current green, stick with one shade of blue(preferably a lighter navy like Buffalo's) and replace the orca with either Johnny Canuck, Stick In Rink or the Skate and you have a classic.

I still remember the day the came out.  Someone actually faxed over a photocopy of it to me for me to see.  Yes, faxed...:lol:

I remember being excited about them at the time.  It was definitely different to see the Nucks with a whole new look.  What really ruined it for me though was the alternate versions of those jerseys...

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

Archived