The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Whining is the majority of what you do in the prospects subforum- in most subforums, actually.

So he's not picking up gravy points in blowout games, what's the big deal? He picks up points in tighter, more competitive games. Given the choice between the two I'll take the latter. Sure it would be nice if he was getting those gravy points, but that would be nothing more than padding stats. 

If you have followed what I post for more than a second you would see I actually do the opposite. I usually hype prospects more than anything, but thanks for coming out.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If you have followed what I post for more than a second you would see I actually do the opposite. I usually hype prospects more than anything, but thanks for coming out.

I've yet to see that, and as I said it extends beyond the prospects subforum. All I see is unrealistic "hyping" or, more commonly, whining. From what I see you're either unrealistically setting expectations on Boeser or Demko or complaining about Juolevi and Virtanen- clamouring for what "could (or should?) have been".

I see you minused my post. I'm truly crushed, and I'll be sure to never disagree with you again.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow, way to exaggerate what I was saying completely.

Just pointing out that there's been 4 games this season that the Knights scored 7 or more and Juolevi had 0's across his stat line. That surprising to me when you consider the minutes he normally gets. Just wondering if Vande Sompel is getting some of his prime minutes.

Maybe he just scores when it's important. Game winning goals, series winning goals, cup winning goals...

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I've yet to see that, and as I said it extends beyond the prospects subforum. All I see is unrealistic "hyping" or, more commonly, whining. From what I see you're either unrealistically setting expectations on Boeser or Demko or complaining about Juolevi and Virtanen- clamouring for what "could (or should?) have been".

I see you minused my post. I'm truly crushed, and I'll be sure to never disagree with you again.

Yes I have different opinions on different subjects. Crazy right?

Sometimes it's criticism or what you call "whining", and sometimes it's pumping prospects tires. And sometimes it's somewhere in the middle.

It's better than being someone who always hypes or someone who only ever complains. You seem to be fishing for pluses from other posters right now though, so I'm gonna stop. Try and stay on subject and talk about Juolevi ;)

7 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Maybe he just scores when it's important. Game winning goals, series winning goals, cup winning goals...

He does do that which is great.

People seem to be under the assumption that I'm complaining about him not having points in this game. I'm simply saying I'm shocked that he is not on the score sheet. It seems like it would be a hard thing to do in a game like that.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes I have different opinions on different subjects. Crazy right?

Sometimes it's criticism or what you call "whining", and sometimes it's pumping prospects tires. And sometimes it's somewhere in the middle.

It's better than being someone who always hypes or someone who only ever complains. You seem to be fishing for pluses from other posters right now though, so I'm gonna stop. Try and stay on subject and talk about Juolevi ;)

A little hypocritical, no?

As to the original point here- why is it such a big deal if he didn't pick up a point in that game? His offensive production has still taken a step forward on a weaker Knights squad while shouldering a heavier defensive load. I'll take that and run.

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Again the Knights put up 7+ goals and Juolevi doesn't show up on the score sheet.

I'm not even sure how that happens. A game like this he should have at least 2 points if he's being played prime minutes. Meanwhile their new acquisition Vande Sompel is having a 3 point game.

I guess he's getting Juolevi's prime minutes now.

Sure, it'd be nice if he would have gotten on the scoresheet, but I've been in plenty of hockey pools over the years where my "big boys" have been held off the scoresheet when their teams have had a huge game....and they were forwards. It happens to the best guys sometimes. That's just the way of the game. As for OJ, a little disappointing, but nothing that will determine how good he's going to become. As a defensemen, not as easy getting on the scoresheet either.

People just gotta relax and stop overreacting after every single play, game etc.

5 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

A little hypocritical, no?

As to the original point here- why is it such a big deal if he didn't pick up a point in that game? His offensive production has still taken a step forward on a weaker Knights squad while shouldering a heavier defensive load. I'll take that and run.

I'm fishing for pluses by pointing out Juolevi didn't have any points? Trust me I didn't plan on getting pluses for that.

I didn't say it was a big deal, just surprising. It would be like Edler going pointless in a game where the Canucks scored 8. I think that would be pretty unlikely. Which makes me wonder if Vande Sompel has taken his powerplay time.

You're making a bigger deal out of my post, than I even made about Juolevi. If anything this just shows how sensitive Canuck fans are towards any level of criticism towards our prospects.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow, way to exaggerate what I was saying completely.

Just pointing out that there's been 4 games this season that the Knights scored 7 or more and Juolevi had 0's across his stat line. That surprising to me when you consider the minutes he normally gets. Just wondering if Vande Sompel is getting some of his prime minutes.

But go ahead and whine about my "whining". 

To be fair the way you worded the post, even though it was not your goal, does read of questioning the said players skill. As tough you where stating a better player would have put up big numbers in such a game.

10 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Funny, I feel the same way about you. It would be such a treat to wake up and find that you and a few of your fellow trolls had been traded to the leafs or oilers.

Keep drinking the OJ koolaid. But make my words he won't be half the player Christian Ehrhoff became. 

Edited by Horvats_Big_Head