The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

36 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Very, Very Happy w/ Petterson @ #5.

For #33, I immediately jumped to see which D were still floating around - Hague and Timmins sure do look promising, and Timmins especially sounds like a Benning type, but somehow Robertson completely flew under my radar. 

Check this out from Canucks Army & OHL Prospects:

SO, if it's possible to take JR at 33 and then a D (Salo?) at 55, I'm walking away from this draft whistling.

He'd be a pretty nice pick. If we pick one of Hague/Timmins/Robertson at 33, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm kinda partial to Hague myself, as he provides the size on the back end that we despratley need now that Tryamkin is gone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm kinda partial to Hague myself, as he provides the size on the back end that we despratley need now that Tryamkin is gone.

I'm with you on this.  

Hague might make the team in a couple years and until then will provide some protection for our young prospects too.

We can't leave all these talented little guys to fend for themselves while they learn the heavy pro game.

We lost Tryamkin and Sbiza and even when we had them we were considered a powder-puff team to play against. 

2 hours ago, Canuck Drogo said:

My guess is that with Avalanche drafting Makar, and likely trading Duchene, they are going to pick Robertson. Maybe not though seeing as how they have Jost in the pipeline. 

I think they would take Ratcliffe or Dolan over Robertson but maybe ya!

11 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

Well thats interesting.

Lipanov, Dolan, Lind, Ratcliffe, Robertson, Mismash, Boqvist + so many others

Hague and Timmins def. good D options available for 33 but if he likes a forward over them he must really like them so thats cool.

At 55 and 64 there will be some good d available as well. Hopeful for 1 or 2 of Salo, Samberg and Ferraro --> who will play with makar.

55 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

Benning targetting a forward at 33; who do you guys think he is looking at?

Canucks are thinner than a supermodel at LW. Hence would assume that Jim targets either Isaac Ratcliff (LW) or Maxime Comtois (LW) at #33. Both players have size .....

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Jason Robertson 81 points in 68 games next closest forward on his team had 50 points in as many games. Can only imagine what he'd have if he had some help. Colorado only team to pick ahead of us to start the day tomorrow and they took Makar so odds are we're staring at Timmins and Hague tomorrow! Does Benning take a d or shock the world yet again ;)!

Robertson is a poor skater based on the scouting reports I have read so far on him. Isaac Ratcliff would be a much better optin than Robertson. Jim is high on speed. Hence, I am pretty sure that Robertson is not on Jim' List at #33. I admit that he is an excellent sniper.

5 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

I'm hoping for Conor Timmins tomorrow. Hell of a high skilled, puck moving D. 

He also fits the PP QB type of D Benning is looking for.

This! Man..

Can't believe that Jim told the media that he is leaning towards a forward at #33.

Connor Timmins at #33 is such a steal.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Canucks are thinner than a supermodel at LW. Hence would assume that Jim targets either Isaac Ratcliff (LW) or Maxime Comtois (LW) at #33. Both players have size .....

I personally like Comtois but his production this year and towards the end of last year dropped off significantly due to a concussion he received. He skates very well for his size and has some (perceived) untapped offensive upside. 

31 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Well thats interesting.

Lipanov, Dolan, Lind, Ratcliffe, Robertson, Mismash, Boqvist + so many others

Hague and Timmins def. good D options available for 33 but if he likes a forward over them he must really like them so thats cool.

At 55 and 64 there will be some good d available as well. Hopeful for 1 or 2 of Salo, Samberg and Ferraro --> who will play with makar.

If he is telling that to the media then he is probably confident he will get one of the guys he has in mind.

I really want him to take D's at 33 and 55 and use the 64 on a goalie.