The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

I find Subban as more offensive and Weber as more of a defensive defenceman. 

Subban brings greater risk in his play and sometimes he gets burned. This is why he got snubbed last time for Team Canada.

The Habs probably want someone more safer.

Weber must have had it with being on a team not making it to be next level. Wonder if he thinks the Habs have more of that potential.

Crazy to think this trade happened!

Josi can play the way he plays because of Weber.  Now they have two offensive Ds on one pairing.  It doesn't make sense at all.  There's also the recapture penalties if Weber retires early.  What a weird trade from Nashville.

Well I don't know, I want to have your point of view on this trade

To me, Weber is a better Defensman. He was probably in the best duo in the NHL with Josi. Why trade him ?

Subban is only 3 years younger, but to me he is not as complement as Weber with Josi. To me, weber allowed Josi to jump in offense because Weeber is very responsible. Subban has probably better offens than Weber but...

To me, I would say Nashville loses...

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

I find Subban as more offensive and Weber as more of a defensive defenceman. 

Subban brings greater risk in his play and sometimes he gets burned. This is why he got snubbed last time for Team Canada.

The Habs probably want someone more safer.

Weber must have had it with being on a team not making it to be next level. Wonder if he thinks the Habs have more of that potential.

Crazy to think this trade happened!

Weber puts up his share of points too, plus he can actually play defense against star players. Montreal made a smart move

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

yep..Bergevin..Subban wasnt on the block..what a turd....big trade.

I got a bad feeling Subban us going be partying hard in Nashville and Montreal will win this trade right now unless he matures. Bergevin is a prick!!!

Damn I hate Montreal but Berg you sly bastard that took balls and you got a legit #1 now.

All they need s Galchenyuk to be a #1 C or Stamokos and they are the new Cup favorites in the East.

I really don't get Nashville. Every year they seem to draft a good quality dMan, then two to three years down the road they trade them. Hamhuis, Jones, and now Weber, to me that's some pretty good depth. Was Weber getting *issed that Nashville wasn't getting past the second round? I don't see Montreal as a contender, however, with a healthy Price, and a stud in Weber, who knows.

Archived