The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] PK Subban to Predators for Shea Weber

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

Exactly. I like the trade for Montreal. Weber is a little older with a nasty contract, but I can't think of anyone more imposing. He's good for 30 minutes a night at either end of the ice. 

#leadership.

9 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Wow!!

I didn't see this one coming.

Shea Weber is the better player, but Subban is younger and can still develop.

Montreal must think it can win the Cup with Weber on the blue line... not so sure.

What happens to Subban's charity work in Montreal... I think he will be gutted by this trade.

Don't like Montreal management for this... I think they stabbed their franchise player in the back.

Yeah kind of a douchebag move for management. I mean if he had lockerroom problems why sign him with that monster contract?

11 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Exactly. I like the trade for Montreal. Weber is a little older with a nasty contract, but I can't think of anyone more imposing. He's good for 30 minutes a night at either end of the ice. 

I bet the happiest person out there, after hearing this trade, is Cary Price.  

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Montreal wins this deal. Weber is the superior defenseman.

What a &^@#ing stupid trade. Polie is an idiot.

Could this have something to do with selling tickets?  Yes, Weber is clearly the better player, but PK is flashy.  American fans might prefer flashy?

Just now, Blueberries said:

I know ur biased towards Weber, but the Preds win this now(minimal win) and in the future.

Weber is the better defenseman. An Olympic quality defenseman. On top of that he has all the qualities of a leader.

The only upside for Nashville in this deal is that Subban is younger. His cap hit is 1.15M higher though and he is not as good as Weber IMO.

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Whoever ends up winning this trade, I think it is good for the Canucks.

Better to have Subban with his soft physicality than Weber beating up on our forwards.

I don't know if you have ever watched Subban play. He's not soft physically. The guy lays out some monster checks. 

Just now, Alflives said:

They can still be best friends, but now Price has the far superior big stud D in front of him, clearing his crease, no?

For quality defense yeah. But seeing your best friend move to another County and rarely get to see him after seeing him every day kinda blows. 

Archived