[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

11 minutes ago, shazzam said:

Fine.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

-----   Sutter Hansen

Baer Horvat Virtanen

Happy? lol

Our second and third line will probably play the same amount of minutes 5v5

A bit lol. Me personally I think he'll battle Etem for spot on 4th to start. Remember them protecting Bo in his second year from seeing opposition top lines, signing Sutter? Look what happened to Vey and McCann when our 3 centres got injured. Disaster. 55 shots against. I think Rodin and Hansen will be RW's on those two lines. Hansen checking top lines., Rodin other line that has bit more offensive starts.... Sutter checking, Horvat other line.... UFA/Trade checking line, Baertschi other line. Dorsett Granlund Virtanen Etem rotate 4th. Burrows we have over 2 months to find him a home. After hearing that, you think that sounds likely to be managements thinking?

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

This is true. I actually do like Brouwer. At the end of the day JB could only pick one. And I think he picked the right one. Eriksson was my first choice all along. And like you said has more upside. 

Apparently JB is not finished yet, he is still looking for a gritty hard nosed forward. If he can find a Brouwer type player at half the cost of Brouwer then we could end up with the best of both worlds. 

Yeah.  I would have loved to sign both, but that would be pushing the cap comfort.

My own preference was something along the lines of Brouwer and Martin or McGinn,  but if they can add Eriksson and acquire a different skilled grit option, great.

17 minutes ago, BOHORVAT53 said:

I wouldnt want him over Eriksson, but many as well as him.Brouwer said CGY was a family decision to be close to the kids aunts uncles n grandparents. Brouwer said he never talked to JB, his agent did once. CGY made a nice pitch and got him cheap and not very long. If JB put in a little more time n effort, guaranteed we could get him at 4 or slightly over. For me, I don't like that too much. Pisses me off almost as much as waiting to ask Hamhuis the inevitable question of can you waive NTC, and to whom. This way, we would have had a 1st from Chicago days before the deadline

Chicago offered their first for Hamhuis?  Source?

11 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Chicago offered their first for Hamhuis?  Source?

I dont know man you find it. Im sure its there somewhere. If I remember correctly, word was Hamhuis was their main target, not Ladd, but Hamhuis took too long so they took Ladd. It was actually a few days prior to the deadline I think. Ppl biitch about Hammer, but its JBs fault he waited so long when it was obvious this was gonna be the way things would go. Think they actually wanted both Hammer+Vrbata, cost being 1st+Pokka. When Dallas calls, payment wasnt as high so our owner, now spoiled by Chicago offer, tells JB go get more (probably 1st instead of 2nd, or Lindell instead of Jokipakka). So dallas gets Russel instead. Offer off the table. They come back saying we'll still take Hammer. No more 2nd, Pollock, or Jokipakka though. Give you this guy and a 3rd. Take that to your owner.  JB says its our only option, take what we can? Owner says no, im too stubborn ill take nothing. It wasnt Jim Nill vs Jim Benning. It was Gaglardi saying fack you Aquilini's. They're personal beef, and greed, was the reason we got zip. "We like Russell over Hamhuis". Sure budz. Thats why Russells a UFA and Hamhuis is signed an hour after he's no longer on Aquilini's payroll

5 minutes ago, BOHORVAT53 said:

I dont know man you find it. Im sure its there somewhere. If I remember correctly, word was Hamhuis was their main target, not Ladd, but Hamhuis took too long so they took Ladd. It was actually a few days prior to the deadline I think. Ppl biitch about Hammer, but its JBs fault he waited so long when it was obvious this was gonna be the way things would go. Think they actually wanted both Hammer+Vrbata, cost being 1st+Pokka. When Dallas calls, payment wasnt as high so our owner, now spoiled by Chicago offer, tells JB go get more (probably 1st instead of 2nd, or Lindell instead of Jokipakka). So dallas gets Russel instead. Offer off the table. They come back saying we'll still take Hammer. No more 2nd, Pollock, or Jokipakka though. Give you this guy and a 3rd. Take that to your owner.  JB says its our only option, take what we can? Owner says no, im too stubborn ill take nothing. It wasnt Jim Nill vs Jim Benning. It was Gaglardi saying fack you Aquilini's. They're personal beef, and greed, was the reason we got zip. "We like Russell over Hamhuis". Sure budz. Thats why Russells a UFA and Hamhuis is signed an hour after he's no longer on Aquilini's payroll

So Chicago offered their first and Pokka for Hamhuis and Vrbata??  And Benning refused?  Okay, if you say so...

29 minutes ago, BOHORVAT53 said:

A bit lol. Me personally I think he'll battle Etem for spot on 4th to start. Remember them protecting Bo in his second year from seeing opposition top lines, signing Sutter? Look what happened to Vey and McCann when our 3 centres got injured. Disaster. 55 shots against. I think Rodin and Hansen will be RW's on those two lines. Hansen checking top lines., Rodin other line that has bit more offensive starts.... Sutter checking, Horvat other line.... UFA/Trade checking line, Baertschi other line. Dorsett Granlund Virtanen Etem rotate 4th. Burrows we have over 2 months to find him a home. After hearing that, you think that sounds likely to be managements thinking?

If he is rotating on the 4th line then I rather see him getting top minutes in the AHL. He didn't play much last season and he needs to in order to improve. I don't want to see him become a grinder on the 4th line.

23 minutes ago, BOHORVAT53 said:

Can someone else confirm this or remind me how it went down cuz im 99% certain this was it. Again, im not on Nucks or Stars management team so I dunno how it exactly went down. But pretty sure this was the talk

Edited by BOHORVAT53

2 minutes ago, BOHORVAT53 said:

Are you dumb. Did you not read what I just said

Your post said Chicago offered a 1st and Pokka for Hamhuis and Vrbata.. I'm just trying to figure out when this actually happened. I must have been on vacation that day and missed it. 

5 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Your post said Chicago offered a 1st and Pokka for Hamhuis and Vrbata.. I'm just trying to figure out when this actually happened. I must have been on vacation that day and missed it. 

There was rumours of Chicago and Dallas offering 1sts for Hamhuis. But as far as I recall we didn't receive a single offer on Vrbata. I'd be surprised if he got an offer from anyone other than those who need to get to get to the cap floor...Arizona or Jersey maybe.

23 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

I told you, few days before the deadline. No thats what they wanted. I didnt say offer. And it wasnt JB who said no, Hamhuis didnt respond fast enough for Chicago's liking. Dunno if Pokka Vrbata were in that offer they made, but it was said Hamhuis for sure, and 1st was offered. Them wanting Hamhuis and Vrbata both (kill two birds with one stone), was rumor, but noone knows if there was an official offer. Hamhuis for sure. Might have even been Benning who was my source lol. He said something bout all that I think. I dunno man, im sure if you search, you'll find it. Maybe someone on here will be kind enough to confirm this. Either way I don't wanna argue anymore regarding something that didnt come out my mouth originally

Edited by BOHORVAT53

All sorts of rumours abound on trade deadline day. 

There were reports Aquilinis quashed the trade to Dallas because of their personal rivalry with Gaglardis and that report came out of Dallas. Then Dallas made the trade for Russell.

Canucks denied it but what do you expect, of course they were gonna deny it. 

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

All sorts of rumours abound on trade deadline day. 

There were reports Aquilinis quashed the trade to Dallas because of their personal rivalry with Gaglardis and that report came out of Dallas. Then Dallas made the trade for Russell.

Canucks denied it but what do you expect, of course they were gonna deny it. 

• Upvote 1

Real Gud Signing. Eriksson should be a productive players into his mid thirties and may extend the Sedins career a couple of year. I see him as a solid 50-60 point player who has the ability to reach the 70 point plateau a couple of times if everything goes according to plan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

This is true. I actually do like Brouwer. At the end of the day JB could only pick one. And I think he picked the right one. Eriksson was my first choice all along. And like you said has more upside. 

Apparently JB is not finished yet, he is still looking for a gritty hard nosed forward. If he can find a Brouwer type player at half the cost of Brouwer then we could end up with the best of both worlds. 

We needed size and grit in the forwards, but needed scoring more and got it.

Brouwer said what he liked about Calgary was that they were very keen to get him, so evidently JB was not as much so, considering how he's very aggressive in pursuing what he wants.  As for the presser today where he talked about getting essentially a Brouwer-like player, that further indicates that Brouwer was not in his plans, perhaps for as simple the reason that he cost more than we could afford.  It's looking now more like JB will pull a trade in which not only assets will move but we can sweeten the deal by taking on some cap.  And yes, that could even be a Hartnell but I think he's targeting someone in that prime age range.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

We needed size and grit in the forwards, but needed scoring more and got it.

Brouwer said what he liked about Calgary was that they were very keen to get him, so evidently JB was not as much so, considering how he's very aggressive in pursuing what he wants.  As for the presser today where he talked about getting essentially a Brouwer-like player, that further indicates that Brouwer was not in his plans, perhaps for as simple the reason that he cost more than we could afford.  It's looking now more like JB will pull a trade in which not only assets will move but we can sweeten the deal by taking on some cap.  And yes, that could even be a Hartnell but I think he's targeting someone in that prime age range.

interesting to see what happens the next few days. not surprised that Canucks only move was Eriksson and nothing else today. but getting a gritty forward is a must. depth and also help the team become harder to play against. I wouldn't have minded Jamie McGinn. but unfortunately he signed with Arizona. 

hoping that whatever move he makes next. isn't one that brings the team backwards. 

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Though I was really excited to see Eriksson on first line with the Sedins, I was really disappointed in JB failing to add Brouwer.... he's well worth 4 yrs for $16M he got from Calgary...  and we chose to keep Burrows instead....we are basically back to the old.... no secondary scoring!!

It probably wasn't up to JB as Brouwer is building a house in Calgary and his dad lives there.

• Upvote 1