The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

It makes sense when you say it like that.

Its whats been said for months now and no one seems to get it.... or, very few. It makes nothing but sense to me. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure why people are saying he's another Vrbata. He's 10x the defensive player, Vrbata was for us, very underrated defensively. 

I'm fine with the term and money, just like how I would have been fine paying Lucic, 6.5M for 7 years. Thats what it takes to get a premium FA in the market these days. Once Benning was told he was out of the sweepstakes for Lucic, he had to do every and anything, to sign Eriksson.

• Upvote 2

JB said in his press conference he's exploring trades and looking at more UFAs. HE wants to add a player who has skill and ruggedness.

Who knows, with BUF signing Okposo and Kane having issues, JB might be looking to trade for him. 

Sbisa + 2nd for Kane?

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

JB said in his press conference he's exploring trades and looking at more UFAs. HE wants to add a player who has skill and ruggedness.

Who knows, with BUF signing Okposo and Kane having issues, JB might be looking to trade for him. 

Sbisa + 2nd for Kane?

He stated they now have 9D for 6 spots and that they have "extra forwards" so yeah, I'd expect at least one trade to come about.  If he's as sure as he seems to be about Larsen, he could pair up with Tryamkin and made Sbisa expendable.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

He stated they now have 9D for 6 spots and that they have "extra forwards" so yeah, I'd expect at least one trade to come about.  If he's as sure as he seems to be about Larsen, he could pair up with Tryamkin and made Sbisa expendable.

I'm just going to say trading sbisa and someone who won't make me cry about that someone being traded for Kane I might not mind. 

51 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Just press play on the link in my post. You'll have to skip about 3/4 of the video before Benning shows up but it's all there.

Thanks. Finally got it, but with the play button (on iPad) it started with JB getting up and leaving.

28 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Absolutely love this signing!

So excited to watch this team next year.. Provided everyone is healthy I say we make a run and at least make it into the playoffs. 

Benning has absolutely restored the depth of this team. 

Canucks for cup 2017 2117

::D

Fixed!

51 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Not sure why people are saying he's another Vrbata. He's 10x the defensive player, Vrbata was for us, very underrated defensively. 

I'm fine with the term and money, just like how I would have been fine paying Lucic, 6.5M for 7 years. Thats what it takes to get a premium FA in the market these days. Once Benning was told he was out of the sweepstakes for Lucic, he had to do every and anything, to sign Eriksson.

I think everyone inside and Eriksson as well new he was coming here fir a while now.