The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vesey Still In Play

2 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Definitely not stupid. They're maximizing assets left and right. I however don't think what they did in this specific deal is very ethical. Rules are rules and I don't believe they have broken any but what's worst benning saying that he is interested in stamkos or the leafs giving a job to an unqualified  father of a soon to be ufa. That is tampering in my eyes. 

It would be tampering in most people's eyes.  The problem is that it would be very tough to prove.

2 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

If he ends up a Leaf I hope his career is a dismal failure. 

You'd join a bunch of people in Nashville in that regard.  The fans are out for his blood.  Although recovering a draft pick for him did calm them down a little.  He's going to get loudly boo'd every time he steps on their ice.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You'd join a bunch of people in Nashville in that regard.  The fans are out for his blood.  Although recovering a draft pick for him did calm them down a little.  He's going to get loudly boo'd every time he steps on their ice.

A third round pick wouldn't be enough to satisfy me if I were a preds fan.

For me it's not that he's signing with another team, it's that he'd be signing with the Leafs- the most hated team in hockey. 

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

A third round pick wouldn't be enough to satisfy me if I were a preds fan.

For me it's not that he's signing with another team, it's that he'd be signing with the Leafs- the most hated team in hockey. 

I'm pretty sure that they are the most popular team in Canada next to Montreal.  What does that tell you about Canadians? :lol:

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I'm pretty sure that they are the most popular team in Canada next to Montreal.  What does that tell you about Canadians? :lol:

by that I meant most intensely hated. Similar to the Yankees in baseball...you either love em or despise them.

It seems alarming to me that Vesey would not sign with the Preds or the Sabres. I don't doubt his skills. I doubt his character. With his refusal to sign, he strikes me as more of a "me first" kind of attitude rather than the "my team first" attitude a lot of teams desire.

I don't really know. I wonder if, after he signs with whatever team he ultimately signs with, more problems arise with this kid, whether it's locker room issues or whatever....

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

It seems alarming to me that Vesey would not sign with the Preds or the Sabres. I don't doubt his skills. I doubt his character. With his refusal to sign, he strikes me as more of a "me first" kind of attitude rather than the "my team first" attitude a lot of teams desire.

I don't really know. I wonder if, after he signs with whatever team he ultimately signs with, more problems arise with this kid, whether it's locker room issues or whatever....

He hasn't said "no" yet to the Sabres.  He's meeting with management this week.

The day before free agency he told the Boston Globe that he was waiting for Aug. 15, but after free agency his agents softened their tone and scheduled the meeting and said that they would "be open to anything."

Even though that sounds promising, I'm still putting the odds on favourite as Boston, Toronto, then Buffalo.  With the Rangers having a chance as the dark horse in the race.

I think he is crazy to not sign in Nashville. I can't say I agree with the free agency rule for these young players after college, teams should have more ownership or rights after drafting. If they want to go to another league, so be it, but if wanting to play in the NHL, he should have to go to Nashville and prove himself. Imagine how pissed we would be if Demko and Boeser refused to sign?

I wonder if he has some regrets after the Subban trade.

2 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

Hope this entitled kid becomes Justin Schultz 2.0 and becomes a crap player in the NHL. Thinks he's too good for teams before playing a single game.

You know Schultzy won a cup this past year  Right? Made decent dough with the oilers and wins a cup with the Penguins. 

On 7/3/2016 at 11:12 PM, Cowichan Canuck said:

I think he is crazy to not sign in Nashville. I can't say I agree with the free agency rule for these young players after college, teams should have more ownership or rights after drafting. If they want to go to another league, so be it, but if wanting to play in the NHL, he should have to go to Nashville and prove himself. Imagine how pissed we would be if Demko and Boeser refused to sign?

I wonder if he has some regrets after the Subban trade.

On 7/4/2016 at 10:56 PM, Butters Stoch said:

Hope this entitled kid becomes Justin Schultz 2.0 and becomes a crap player in the NHL. Thinks he's too good for teams before playing a single game.

Part of his reasoning is that he wants to stay closer to home in the Northeast in the beginning of his career.  If he goes that route then his choices are pretty limited and it's the biggest reason why the Bruins have the best chance to sign him in my opinion.

NESN and the rest of the Boston media knows that so they've been taking more and more jabs at Buffalo, team and city, knowing that he watches them at his home in Boston.  As much as people can't stand Toronto, I can't stand Boston even more.

On July 5, 2016 at 0:59 AM, Losing With Pride said:

You know Schultzy won a cup this past year  Right? Made decent dough with the oilers and wins a cup with the Penguins. 

He didn't play during the Cup run much though, did he. The fact that the Pens didn't qualify him says a lot.

Archived