The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - BUF

To BUF: Luca Sbisa, Derek Dorsett, Jordan Subban, Brendan Gaunce, VAN 2017 2nd + CLB 2nd from Torts 

To VAN: Evander Kane, Cody Franson + BUF 2017 5th

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Sutter Virtanen 

Baertchi Horvat Hansen

Etem Granlund Burrows

Megna 

Edler Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Franson 

Pedan, Larsen 

Miller & Markstrom 

Buffalo saves 2.35~ million in Cap space.

About 1.5 in Cap space left for Vancouver.

I don't think the Canucks would want to give up 2 2nd rounders 2 prospects and 2 roster players, for 2 players who take up 8.5 million in cap space. If you simplified this deal to Sbisa and a 2nd for Kane then it would be a bit more profitable for Vancouver and Buffalo would probably take it.

This may sum up my thoughts on the return: I totally forgot Buffalo had signed Franson to a two-year deal last year.

Sure, we move Sbisa and Dorsett's contracts (which I've never been happy with) but we also move Gaunce, Subban and a couple of seconds for a guy I'd forgotten about and another I might have forgotten if he weren't in the news for all the wrong reasons (oh, and a 5th...)!

No thanks.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

This may sum up my thoughts on the return: I totally forgot Buffalo had signed Franson to a two-year deal last year.

Sure, we move Sbisa and Dorsett's contracts (which I've never been happy with) but we also move Gaunce, Subban and a couple of seconds for a guy I'd forgotten about and another I might have forgotten if he weren't in the news for all the wrong reasons (oh, and a 5th...)!

No thanks.

How could you forget about Franson?  All of the CDCers who are smarter than Benning wanted to throw 25 mil at him last summer.  I mean, what could have possibly transpired this year for you to overlook this gem.

Well, Sbisa is less offensive but you could argue he is better defensively in comparison to Franson. I wouldn't trade for Franson ever though.

Kane is the one who would cost a lot. My guess is we could probably trade Edler for Kane straight up, but Edler wouldn't go to Buffalo in a million years.

In conclusion, a trade with Buffalo is possible but we can't package together a bunch of low value assets and call them good value. That's how the housing market collapsed in US.

53 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

You're talking about the 4th overall next year, right ::D?

The Sabres won't be bottom 5 this year.  I'm pegging them as mediocre this season.  I'm guessing around 16th or 17th place in the league missing the playoffs by a few games.

On 7/6/2016 at 2:36 PM, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

How could you forget about Franson?  All of the CDCers who are smarter than Benning wanted to throw 25 mil at him last summer.  I mean, what could have possibly transpired this year for you to overlook this gem.

If that's the criteria, then I guess I'd have to admit I'm not smarter than Benning. I'm pretty sure it's not though.

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

If that's the criteria, then I guess I'd have to admit I'm not smarter than Benning. I'm pretty sure it's not though.

Were you one of the Franson guys, and do you think that you were wrong?  Not that it matters that much, but it is rare and pleasing to see someone actually post a told-me-so a year or two later.

Obviously I didn't mean literally smarter.  There is no need to debate the difference between smarts, multiple intelligences, aptitudes, and knowledge.  But I remember an awful lot of passionate hand-wringing, from posters less articulate than you, about something which is obviously laughable at this point.  Does anyone consider the Franson contract tradeable?

Before anyone trades for him he has to get his situation under control and see what happens.he might not be able to play,until then no GM will touch him!Franson is one of the most over rated players around and I am glad we never got him!!

I would give Sbisa, Dorsett (although I think he is more valuable than most on CDC), Subban (I want to like him but with Stecher, Juolevi, Hutton, and even Brisebois, I think he will be a career AHLer) and the Torts 2nd(will be in 2 years anyway) for Kane and Franson. 

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Horvat Rodin

Baertschi  Sutter  Virtanen

Gaunce  Granlund  Etem

Burrows/Hansen

That would give us a stockpile of right handed defensemen for when we get injuries or for the trade deadline.  Chiarelli might give us Eberle or Draisaitl for one of them?

Edler  Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin  Franson

Biega  Larsen

Juolevi Stecher

Archived