The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] How much confidence does each NHL fan base have in their front office?

4 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

So trading away players at the deadline while they were in the playoff hunt was awesome?  

Has he been good like Carolina-good - as in, relative to zero expectations?

I'd say more like Carolina good as in "we won a Cup good'.

Or PIt good as in we won Cups good. 

How about "I'm Ron Francis and I"ve won Cups" good. 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd say more like Carolina good as in "we won a Cup good'.

Or PIt good as in we won Cups good. 

How about "I'm Ron Francis and I"ve won Cups" good. 

Francis wasn't the GM in 2006.  Now, are you impressed with the Hurricanes 2007-16?  Cause that ain't right.

8 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Francis wasn't the GM in 2006.  Now, are you impressed with the Hurricanes 2007-16?  Cause that ain't right.

I'm impressed with Hanafin. 

And CAR finished much better than us even though we declared that we are trying to make the playoffs and win a Cup now. 

Best thing to happen is we got a kid like Juolevi, and we wouldn't get him if we weren't a bottom feeder. 

Neither us nor CAR is winning a Cup anytime soon but if memory serves I think Francis has 3 vs Linden's 0.

Confidence is something meaningful man and this is a poll of fans having hope in their mgmt team to bring us a Cup. Francis has 3, we don't have anyone like that. A 4th overall pick and all time great leading your team had to give the fan base some confidence. 

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

And CAR finished much better than us even though we declared that we are trying to make the playoffs and win a Cup now. 

Best thing to happen is we got a kid like Juolevi, and we wouldn't get him if we weren't a bottom feeder. 

Neither us nor CAR is winning a Cup anytime soon but if memory serves I think Francis has 3 vs Linden's 0.

Confidence is something meaningful man and this is a poll of fans having hope in their mgmt team to bring us a Cup. Francis has 3, we don't have anyone like that. A 4th overall pick and all time great leading your team had to give the fan base some confidence. 

Shows how much knowledge you lack of this team...

50 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

When you say "no one is taking it seriously" do you mean Canucks fans because our mgmt is polled by our fan base to be last in the NHL or do you mean "no one" as in no one in the NHL media community or no one in the NHL fan community?

Again, this is a poll for all 30 teams, our mgmt happens to rank last in the NHL. Not sure why the hate. Chicago is 10th. There are several different questions in the poll of fans. It's not Canucks specific. It's an NHL poll with the exact same questions for every single one on 30 NHL teams. 

VAN

How many of those 200 people asked really knew anything about the Canucks?

EDIT: How many of those people knew anything about any other team? Where was this poll taken? In Toronto?

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

EDIT: How many of those people knew anything about any other team? Where was this poll taken? In Toronto?

I guess you answered your own question. 

Apparently it was same questions for all teams. Not sure TO would have us ranked lower than BOS or MTL if your are correct with your guess.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I guess you answered your own question. 

Apparently it was same questions for all teams. Not sure TO would have us ranked lower than BOS or MTL if your are correct with your guess.

With how TSN and SN have been treating the Canucks lately I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we were ranked dead last, and we are.

Why do I need to defend a THN poll?

For integrity of CDC and our forums. 

It's a travesty that most posters on CDC have no clue what they are posting about. 

I guess we should let the season ticket sales speak for the topic rather than random ppl on CDC. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

completely disagree on some and do agree on some. albeit I don't agree to rank us near last in league on anything. I would rank JB towards bottom of NHL in cap management which imo includes executive mgmt. I made posts regarding this topic a bit past half way point last season if memory serves right. 

Roster building and vision is another place I'd give a low score but i don't expect JB to be around in 

3 years when this team is coming out of rebuild. GMs in Canada last around 4 years, even if JB lasts a bit longer I don't expect him to finish the rebuild, he's the guy putting the nuts and bolts in place before a guy like Dale Tallon comes in to sell tickets and put on some finishing touches. 

I wouldn't give us 30th or 1st on any questions but  I rank JB and our mgmt at top of league on drafting which imo is the most important element in building a championship calibre team. 

At the business side of things and cap mgmt, for me JB is a nuts and bolts type of guy who is not a business executive.I've been consistent with this assessment for quite some time now. 

This.

the people that ranked us thirtieth are the same people that don't understand this.

Florida is 2nd on that list? Really?

The article praises them for signing "a lot of big money deals lately that were seen as good value", after talking about bad contracts given to other players that were once viewed the same way.

For instance, I would have held off making Ekblad one of the highest paid D-men in the league until he proved how good he was without Campbell. Soupy has been making his D partners look better than they really are for years now (see: Tom Gilbert, Jason Garrison). 

But the article is a joke. Even if you don't like Benning's moves, you can't deny how good his first two drafts were. And we just developed a top-4 D-man in Hutton out of thin air. But we're ranked 29th in drafting and developing??? Seriously???

This poll is a joke. It was made to start controversy and boost readership. 

1. The Hockey News hasn't been relevant in years, especially since the smart phone came out.

2. Due to their lack of relevance, they haven't been able to get talented writers and journalists to work for them.

3. They have always been pro-east, anti-Canuck. 

The Hockey News will be lucky to survive past 2020. 

Take this with a grain of salt, like an Eklund rumor. 

6 hours ago, Jam126 said:

They interviewed the people at Rogers Arena that spend the whole game tapping on their phones and yakking about random crap instead of watching the game.

lol Pittsburgh 4th....had this survey been made last summer, heck even as far as January, Pittsburgh would be out of the top 20.  Miraculously their players decided to show up, a rookie goaltender saved his a$$ in the early rounds and now Rutherford is GOD.

Just shows the credibility of this survey.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly. That's less than 7 people per team if it was actually spread out evenly (which it wasn't).

This is why the HockeyNews is a pretty poor website for articles. They really need to recruit better writers. I get that it's summer and all and there's not much content, but this is far from article worthy.

Well in the case of Arizona they probably picked a random guy in the street and just got anybody whose heard of the Coyotes.

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

If only our GM had won cups as a player.  Oh wait....he won one as an executive.  I guess that's not as good.

But yeah, you're right, they're in a market where failure is acceptable and they drafted a decent Dman as a result.  I guess we should heap praise on them.

Just now, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

If only our GM had won cups as a player.  Oh wait....he won one as an executive.  I guess that's not as good.

But yeah, you're right, they're in a market where failure is acceptable and they drafted a decent Dman as a result.  I guess we should heap praise on them.

Of course it's not as good. Who would rather win 1 Cup as an assistant GM over 3 Cups as a player? I know which one I would pick. 

Pretty sure we drafted a Dman as a result of our failure this past draft too. They finished with 86 points last year, we finished with 75. We were 3rd worst, they were 13th worst. 

Dude are you confused what this thread is about or are you saying our fans rated our mgmt last in confidence because we don't accept losing. Last I checked we've never won, so I don't know how much water that theory holds. 

Archived