The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Lightning re-sign Alex Killorn

Killorn might be a good fit here for us.  40 points is solid.  Could swap him and baer around time to time.  The cap hit is a little higher for havin him on the 3rd line but he would be extremely verstile.  Issue is tampa is against the cap so they'd want picks or a prospect coming back with another asset.  Looks like there going to keep him with Stevie Y's comments of hes part of our core!

20 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Something has to give...

Someone might wanna steal Namestnikov off TB's hands

That's really not that bad. Good players come and go, it's just the nature of the business. It's the elite players you have to keep. With $8.5M left, thats more than enough to get Kucherov locked up. The other 3 could be easily replaced or even traded for a better prospect pool.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I guess Bo's gonna cost at least that on a long term deal. Probably closer to 5 mil.

depending on when we lock him up. This is why I would sign him this off season myself before his cap hit does crep to 5m or more heaven forbid.

I would be all for the Canucks trading to get namestnikov, could get him for cheap probably or send a cheap contract back. 

14 g 21a in his first nhl year is decent production.

I was a bit surprised Killorn costed over 4m witht hat kind of term. Kucherov must be getting atleast6.5-7m with max term I would think. Then next year they have Johnson Palat and doubtful but Bishop if he is still around.

Benning pick up the phone give Yzerman a call and inquire about a couple guys

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I guess Bo's gonna cost at least that on a long term deal. Probably closer to 5 mil.

I'd say 5mil+ .

Bo is younger and has already matched Killorns best season whilst on a much worse team overall. 

9 hours ago, Xbox said:

Stevie Y knows how to take advantage of state tax. Tampa Bay will be Stanley Cup Champions again very soon.

Maybe he just knows how to build a winning team and keep a winning culture. You don't get signs like this in Detroit for nothing.

yzermanadopted_zpse6768e94.jpg

Archived