The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MAFIA] - NEAPOLITAN (MAFIA WINS!)

JAY JAY

25 minutes ago, Virtanen87 said:

Chill boys I'm in Cuba

Vote Dral

Aww seriously? Sweet I so want to go there! Something about sitting on the beach puffing on phallic shaped tobacco products that just seems right. 

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

Um we saw his investigation was thwarted. It's unlikely that he was lying that's why I believe him now. His story last round was pretty outlandish but he now has solid proof to backup his claims not just "it's too outlandish that it must be true."

The slanking players are probably mafia since there are so many left and it would be logical to assume there were counterbalances to such a powerful role.

I have put justifications on players like BJ since the beginning of the game. He is still here, its obvious you or anyone else in this game doesn't care for my justifications.

And come on as if Virt isn't mafia. This is how he plays when he is scum. Don't believe go revisit at least the last two games Virt has been mafia. 1-2 post per round. Votes with zero justification. It's either he doesn't care at all or he thinks it's an actual beneficial strategy to slank as mafia. 

I voted with Kaz twice now and twice it has gotten TP hung.

Also no fear mongering, I firmly believe Kaz's role makes this an easy win for us.

I'm not saying Kaz is lying (though I don't think he's clearly confirmed yet), I'd just suspect a TP who was so strongly against him to be a touch more resistant/apologetic in addressing it. Meanwhile a Mafia would leap aboard with more certainty. I read more of the latter in the tone of your last post, that's all.

Calling out the inactive players is a classic Mafia move too. Forget them. We have no info to go off of with them. Let them get GKed if you're that concerned. Surely you're not saying only slanking players make up the remaining Mafia?

Virt has played that way as far back as when I last played, regardless of faction. Maybe he's scum, maybe not, but it's an odd choice to suddenly call out now.

If you're TP, you're suddenly not being very helpful. You're picking easy targets to go after.

23 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I'm not saying Kaz is lying (though I don't think he's clearly confirmed yet), I'd just suspect a TP who was so strongly against him to be a touch more resistant/apologetic in addressing it. Meanwhile a Mafia would leap aboard with more certainty. I read more of the latter in the tone of your last post, that's all.

Calling out the inactive players is a classic Mafia move too. Forget them. We have no info to go off of with them. Let them get GKed if you're that concerned. Surely you're not saying only slanking players make up the remaining Mafia?

Virt has played that way as far back as when I last played, regardless of faction. Maybe he's scum, maybe not, but it's an odd choice to suddenly call out now.

If you're TP, you're suddenly not being very helpful. You're picking easy targets to go after.

SIRENS SIRENS SIRENS HOLY $&!# MY SIREN JUST BROKE

I'm one of the greatest players as mafia thats ever played. Very very interesting post here....This is a MVP Guarantee. MR is mafia you potatoes and quote me on it

Unvote;Vote Master Radishes

17 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

The Mafia could very well make up the slanking players

you 

yachty

virt

dral

bassi

duce 

baka

jazz

are all players I consider slanking up to this point.

When Virt is town he would have at the very least been calling us potatoes in a post or two each round.

I am being helpful by suggesting that there are likely counter balances in place. To which you say "unlikely"

If you want to talk about tone, the tone behind your posts is one of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. You ridicule the thought that there might be a KP.

You aren't willing to look at the meta that Virt might be Mafia and say just let Jay Jay take care of all the slankers. Well guess what? Virt voted he isn't going to be GKed.

You say you believe Kaz but not totally. Which seems very non committal as a Mafia would love for us to not believe him after he has pretty much proved his role.

The only thing keeping me from Voting you is literally that Kaz investigated you.

I think you are the KP.

I just saw Virt's post and that is the MVP Virt speaking for sure.

unvote

2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

It would have given us far more info than freaking fwybwed does. That was a poor lynch. If there is ever a debate between two sides, one should usually be lynched, or else the debate goes unresolved.

That last sentence is terrible reasoning.

Mafia do vote for each other. But the fact you're calling BJ suspicious then immediately voting for his preferred candidate looks to me like a careless Mafia not remembering what he said, rather than an engaged TP trying to scumhunt.

Okay, that's fine.

Fine, but why not raise the possibility earlier then? You acted like it was something obvious we all should have thought of, and it was conveniently timed to defend the shade you threw on me.

Fair point, but... (see below)

Yes, but I was the first to do so seriously.

Alright, but look, you're jumping straight to the tinfoil-hat-conclusion rather than the simplest explanation. You say Kaz is probably not lying. That means I am likely TP, and there's only a 1-in-whatever chance I am not. Am I 100% cleared? No. By all means, keep an eye on my actions. But wasting time pushing the theory I am KP when the odds are stacked against it is anti-Town. If you believe Kaz, then I have a far greater chance of being TP than just about anyone else in this game at the moment, and you're trying to poke holes in that rather than look at all the unknowns left on the roster. Stop worrying about me and start scumhunting properly. Pushing for my lynch is dangerously anti-Town right now.

Too casual a tone. Scumtell.

(Joking there, don't worry.)

Kaz hard claimed & the votes were very close between he & FWY at the time IIRC. I had a bigger scum read on Kaz, but agreed with 112 that if Kaz was lying then the real Super Sheriff would take him out. Lynching FWY made more sense than you're admitting.

It's not poor reasoning from a TP perspective, but it is from a Mafia point of view. 

It's very possible to believe that two players who seem to be at odds are actually scum teammates. Just last game Mafia teammates voted for each other & debated each other often. BlueJay voting for Dral had no bearing on my vote. I immediately voted for Dral because his posts regarding a Kaz lynch were quite recent & I'd read them first. Correlation does not equal causation.

How could I know there was a Mafia special earlier? I didn't raise the issue because the Town didn't find out until the nightfall report. TMI from MR assuming that I should know there are Mafia specials?

It is not a tinfoil-hat conspiracy, the KP is a very possible role, especially given the nature of the Super Sheriff. The odds actually seem quite high that a KP, or some variation (Super Sheriff powers are beyond a typical Sheriff) that JJ made for this game exist to balance the power. Having a KP style role in this game is not far fetched. You act as though the odds it could be you are astronomical...it's not.

I find it odd that you think I'm pushing for your lynch when I have yet to vote for you. 112 voted for you, she's dead now. I've called you suspicious, and I think any real TP would understand why another would find them suspect. 

It's ironic you're telling me to scum hunt properly when I know, for a FACT, you are currently voting for a TP.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

The regime's top analysts declare a sneaky and uncommittal Jazz the most likely Mafia this round.

Vote Jazz

The United Nations demands an explanation from the regime for his inconsequential vote last round on Jazz despite specifically targetting and focusing on suspects who placed inconsequential votes themselves.

So I'm currently on electives and have been very busy these few days and will continue to be until the weekend. Sorry for the lack of contribution. 

I stand by what I said before, nothing much as changed. 

MR is sketchy although he's posted more recently. 

Aladeen is getting less sketchy but I still feel like he may be mafia. 

Baka is STILL nowhere to be seen. 

I'm getting TP reads on Falcon, Duce, BJ, and Dral.

On 7/25/2016 at 6:07 PM, JohnLocke said:

I still go by the fact that one of BJ/MH/Jazz is mafia. Actually I've narrowed it down to between MH and Jazz. Games over, give me MVP already. 

On 7/25/2016 at 6:17 PM, JohnLocke said:

Either way I don't think MH and Jazz are on the same team. 

If my read is correct, that means Jazz is mafia. 

I'm actually damn sure of this read. 

Vote Jazz

I find MR's reaction to the idea of a Kingpin in this game strange...it's really not that uncommon a role. It seems as though he's trying to convince us that the role is unlikely and far fetched, rather than just say "Yeah it's something that could happen, but I'm not KP". Also, he doesn't fully believe Kaz's role claim, but he'll use Kaz's investigation of him as proof he's TP? That's fearmongering at its finest.

Just now, falcon45ca said:

I find MR's reaction to the idea of a Kingpin in this game strange...it's really not that uncommon a role. It seems as though he's trying to convince us that the role is unlikely and far fetched, rather than just say "Yeah it's something that could happen, but I'm not KP". Also, he doesn't fully believe Kaz's role claim, but he'll use Kaz's investigation of him as proof he's TP? That's fearmongering at its finest.

Good point. I was just about to post this. 

25 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

The United Nations demands an explanation from the regime for his inconsequential vote last round on Jazz despite specifically targetting and focusing on suspects who placed inconsequential votes themselves.

The regime slipped into hypocracy veering his vote away from Kaz.  Defaulted back to original suspect who has done little to alleviate suspicion.  

I'm back from work. There's a disconcerting level of discussion and consensus one hour from nightfall (understanding that I've provided none myself)

What's with the hounding of MR, though? Seems pointless to kill one of Kaz' cleared investigations, assuming he himself is who he says. Can't harp on one without the other.

Archived