The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

• 2 weeks later...

glass top stoves

There are a million and one rules for cleaning and what you can't put on them.  They take forever to heat up and to cool down.  If an element malfunctions, you're screwed.  If they crack you're screwed.  If you leave a hot, sugary spill on them too long, you're screwed.  Too me, it's Exhibit A of favouring style over function too much.

In a perfect world I could've gotten a gas stove, but my town house complex doesn't have gas.  So when it came to shopping for a new stove (current stove literally took 1 hour to heat to 400), gas wasn't in the equation.  I was shocked to find there was essentially no choice.  The only element option was the cheapest of the cheap, your extras are the clock and oven light, "basement suite" model.

I didn't want a glass top stove to begin with and was pretty much was forced into getting one.  Now that we have one, I hate it.  I hate that I can't just simply wipe it down to clean it.  I hate that I've gone from an oven that took forever to heat up, now to a stove top that takes forever to heat up.  I hate that I basically had no choice unless I wanted the el cheapo "every day is a blessing after 5 years of use" element model.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:03 AM, Cpt.Clutch said:

Paper straws

i used to use one straw per drink, now the straws disintegrate so I need two or three per drink.   

As opposed to all those mighty plastic straws you and I have used, which have a life cycle estimated at 200 years.

Follow up confirmation texts for appointments.

If it was a text saying something like ' Just a reminder, you have an appointment scheduled'

But I don't like when I have already booked an appointment, then I get a text not only reminding me but asking for me to text 'yes' or 'no' back to them. My car service centre does this, I already booked the appointment, if I don't respond with 'yes' to the follow up text is the booking now cancelled? My hair dresser has started doing it too, I don't respond to hers. I just show up when I said I would. I bought all new kitchen appliances from Best Buy last month, got them delivered and installed....good god, I swear I got about 10 confirmation scheduling texts ( at all hours) along with about 5 robo confirmation calls. Actually the prices were great from Best Buy but I will be hesitant to shop there again due to these annoyances. 

I've heard too many people complain about paper straws.  If we as a society can't even make that one change to better the environment, we're screwed, humanity will not only keep driving the car over the cliff, but we'll step on the gas because the wind feels nicer in our hair.

Are plastic straws nicer to use?  Yes, but paper straws aren't that bad and using something that'll break down before we do has a value too.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I've heard too many people complain about paper straws.  If we as a society can't even make that one change to better the environment, we're screwed, humanity will not only keep driving the car over the cliff, but we'll step on the gas because the wind feels nicer in our hair.

Are plastic straws nicer to use?  Yes, but paper straws aren't that bad and using something that'll break down before we do has a value too.

Just stop using straws altogether. They are unnecessary for a normal functioning adult above the age of 4 or 5. Put lips to edge of cup, tilt head and cup back at the same time and enjoy your beverage of choice.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

Just stop using straws altogether. They are unnecessary for a normal functioning adult above the age of 4 or 5. Put lips to edge of cup, tilt head and cup back at the same time and enjoy your beverage of choice.

even better

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 8:09 AM, RonMexico said:

what if its a milk shake? 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, Wilbur said:

glass top stoves

There are a million and one rules for cleaning and what you can't put on them.  They take forever to heat up and to cool down.  If an element malfunctions, you're screwed.  If they crack you're screwed.  If you leave a hot, sugary spill on them too long, you're screwed.  Too me, it's Exhibit A of favouring style over function too much.

In a perfect world I could've gotten a gas stove, but my town house complex doesn't have gas.  So when it came to shopping for a new stove (current stove literally took 1 hour to heat to 400), gas wasn't in the equation.  I was shocked to find there was essentially no choice.  The only element option was the cheapest of the cheap, your extras are the clock and oven light, "basement suite" model.

I didn't want a glass top stove to begin with and was pretty much was forced into getting one.  Now that we have one, I hate it.  I hate that I can't just simply wipe it down to clean it.  I hate that I've gone from an oven that took forever to heat up, now to a stove top that takes forever to heat up.  I hate that I basically had no choice unless I wanted the el cheapo "every day is a blessing after 5 years of use" element model.

Me too.  I found this great cleaner that works well, makes it all shinny.  I don't use the stove for cooking. I'm not used to cooking on a glass stove , and my cat uses it to sit on, and I am afraid if I am cooking, she will accidentally jump up, and other things.  The cleaner makes it really nice.  It is Weiman glass stove top.  

But your annoyance is greater than mine.  My annoyance is that I am not used to it, and my cat with the stove. 

Edited by brilac
On 7/13/2019 at 3:37 PM, falcon45ca said:

People who order a beer, wait til its brought to them, then order another beer.

&^@#, I can grab two at once! You're &^@#ing everything up!

i agree

everyone should be cut off after ordering one beer

alternatively,

i agree that a server surely should get at minimum a half hour rest after each service

Edited by coastal.view

I've been taking a math course, and today I had an opportunity to do my Final.  I prepared, logged in, clicked on the program to record, logged into the exam, completed the exam, double-checked my work, and went back to the recording program, and realized that I did not click RECORD.  You know how I feel right now?!  I emailed the instructor asking if I can please take the final again.  I have not received a response.  I am waking up early tomorrow to see what I can do.  

• Upvote 1

A freak heavy rain right in the critical final week of flowering

Resulting in a bunch of really fat ass buds turning into moldy $&!#.

&^@# you mold, bud rot and late august rain. 

Yup, my two fattest colas got big ass mold spots on em and now I gotta crop a week early because that $&!# just spreads during the cold nights even once you remove the moldy $&!#.

At least it's only one of my legal 4 plants and the other 3 are in the greenhouse, but it still sucks.

I'm sad

• 2 weeks later...

Soap Operas 

If I'm in a room and there is a soap on the tv, I have to leave. 

I get unreasonably angry.

I'm gonna blame my gran for boring the hell out of me when she used to baby sit.

Oh, and if I have to hear the sad trumpets of the Coronation St. theme song....somebody might get punched.

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Soap Operas 

If I'm in a room and there is a soap on the tv, I have to leave. 

I get unreasonably angry.

I'm gonna blame my gran for boring the hell out of me when she used to baby sit.

Oh, and if I have to hear the sad trumpets of the Coronation St. theme song....somebody might get punched.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1