The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Groundhog problems.

Bocivus

7 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Have you tried talking to it about your political views? It'll dig straight through to China to escape

No, that's how I got it IN my yard.  He loves not being a slave to a master political class so I promised him he could stay and that I won't pretend I have some magical "authority" over him if he didn't harm anyone, steal anything or inflict property damage.  He broke his contract on that so now he has to go. 

Smells like a false flag to me.

Gun nut... Check.

Invader (Ground hog)... Check

Logic (ie. Our understanding of a gun nut) dictates that the animal would be dead and served as dinner. Ergo false flag. There is no ground hog. There never was.

1 hour ago, Bocivus said:

No, that's how I got it IN my yard.  He loves not being a slave to a master political class so I promised him he could stay and that I won't pretend I have some magical "authority" over him if he didn't harm anyone, steal anything or inflict property damage.  He broke his contract on that so now he has to go. 

image.gif

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Gun nut... Check.

Logic (ie. Our understanding of a gun nut) dictates that the animal would be dead and served as dinner. Ergo false flag. There is no ground hog. There never was.

What??  You must eat groundhog.  What does it taste like?

Don't be bragging about eating animals on here where Glassjaw can see it.  Show some sensitivity, man.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Toews said:

Gun nut... Check.

:lol:

Will be back to + this when the new batch rolls over later this afternoon.

The trap was empty this morning.  I'm hoping to see it in there when I get off work.  I saw it running around though.  It's an ugly, troll-looking thing that hides in the shadows till it sees something it likes, shows it's face for a bit and then freeloads off the food set out for the birds before scurrying back in it's hole.  I think I'll name him Bertuzzi Bob.

10 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

Not sure what the situation is locally but I know that in the US some folks run a pest control service which is basically a big vacuum truck.  They suck the groundhog out and that's it.  Could look for something similar here.

I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at that image....  :lol: 

My buddy here at work wants to know if the vacuum hose is hooked up to a wood chipper?  He's a sick bastard.

I respect that you are trying to find a non-lethal solution to the problem.  How long have you been trying to trap him for?  Maybe just stick with it and be patient in this case.  Veggies with wild animals can be tricky- I've seen raccoons and deer avoid store bought veggies all together.  Maybe you can find some garden grown stuff and just chuck it leaves/stems and all that in there.  Perhaps the scent of store bought veggies isn't luring him.

56 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I respect that you are trying to find a non-lethal solution to the problem.  How long have you been trying to trap him for?  Maybe just stick with it and be patient in this case.  Veggies with wild animals can be tricky- I've seen raccoons and deer avoid store bought veggies all together.  Maybe you can find some garden grown stuff and just chuck it leaves/stems and all that in there.  Perhaps the scent of store bought veggies isn't luring him.

Thanks.  It's only been about a week.  But the damage it's done in that amount of time...  I don't want to think about what it could do in another weeks time.  I may try some veggies from the local farmer up the road.  Good idea.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Bocivus said:

My buddy here at work wants to know if the vacuum hose is hooked up to a wood chipper?  He's a sick bastard.

If it turns out that you can't trap it and have to make that tough decision, you can always get your sick friend to do the dirty work!

I'd also try to get a different trap and put branches etc around it to camouflage it while still using the other trap the way you've been doing. Fool the little sucker.

I caught it!!  It was in there when I got home.  I guess it couldn't resist asparagus.  :lol:  I released it out on some woods and grassland far away from the house.  Thanks to everyone who helped with some tips. I'm glad I could get him out of my yard  safely.

14303779_10210421035551938_1958756916_o0

4 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

I caught it!!  It was in there when I got home.  I guess it couldn't resist asparagus.  :lol:  I released it out on some woods and grassland far away from the house.  Thanks to everyone who helped with some tips. I'm glad I could get him out of my yard  safely. 14303779_10210421035551938_1958756916_o0

Cool!  That's a great picture.  Thanks for sharing.  Just a side note.  I expect you relocated him far away.  These animals are known to return to their original location.  Or is that a bear?  Whatever, nicely done!

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cool!  That's a great picture.  Thanks for sharing.  Just a side note.  I expect you relocated him far away.  These animals are known to return to their original location.  Or is that a bear?  Whatever, nicely done!

It was about 8-10 miles away.  He better not come back!  If he does, I'll just get some fresh asparagus I suppose.

9 hours ago, Bocivus said:

Naw man.  That's bad business.  You suck the groundhogs out on one side of town, then release them on the other side of town

16 hours ago, Bocivus said:

I caught it!!  It was in there when I got home.  I guess it couldn't resist asparagus.  :lol:  I released it out on some woods and grassland far away from the house.  Thanks to everyone who helped with some tips. I'm glad I could get him out of my yard  safely.

14303779_10210421035551938_1958756916_o0

Glad you got him out without having to hurt him.

Archived