The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Number Change for Brandon Sutter

Apricot

That's very nice of Sutter! Love the class everyone on this team has <3

IMG_9433.PNG

Edit: Sutter for sure did this out of respect to Eriksson. Kind of how Kassian(or was it someone else?) offered his number to another one of our players. For respect. Please someone tell me if it was Kassian and who did he offer his number to. Its bugging me now. Vintage? 

Coolio... hope they both score twice as many goals as their #'s 

On a side note, the canucks should get a guy to wear #99 

Like it's kind of a joke that #99 is retired "league wide"... seriously... put Hank or Danny in his era and I'm sure they'd score 5000 points. Wayne sucks! 

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

Like it's kind of a joke that #99 is retired "league wide"... seriously... put Hank or Danny in his era and I'm sure they'd score 5000 points. Wayne sucks! 

Looking for another reason for the players, the league officials, and all of the NHL fans to hate the Canucks? We will be the most hated team in the world if we did what you are suggesting here. I hope you are joking.

As for Sutter, good on him. Hoping for a healthy season for him. 

Just now, Apple Juice said:

Stop assuming that Eriksson asked for No. 21. Maybe Sutter just wanted to give it to Eriksson since he's been in the league longer (out of respect) and Eriksson accepted. Why don't we celebrate Sutter's character and respect level instead of judging Eriksson for taking number 21.

Who knows maybe he even wanted #20 but couldn't take it from Higgy last year.

Regardless this is good news... team mates getting along! 

1 minute ago, Apple Juice said:

Stop assuming that Eriksson asked for No. 21. Maybe Sutter just wanted to give it to Eriksson since he's been in the league longer (out of respect) and Eriksson accepted. Why don't we celebrate Sutter's character and respect level instead of judging Eriksson for taking number 21.

Well. There were two of us that said something like that, myself being one of them. I can tell you for sure that I was being sarcastic, hence the "/S", and I'm pretty sure the other poster was as well.

Conclusion, nobody actually believes that and we're just trying to have some fun.

Just now, Bigturk8 said:

Well. There were two of us that said something like that, myself being one of them. I can tell you for sure that I was being sarcastic, hence the "/S", and I'm pretty sure the other poster was as well.

Conclusion, nobody actually believes that and we're just trying to have some fun.

No I saw the S. I knew you were sarcastic. Just wanted to say it in case people wanted to have ideas and start useless arguments.

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

Do you remember Gino Odjick coming out against the Penguins wearing 66?

9 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Do you remember Gino Odjick coming out against the Penguins wearing 66?

Hahaha are you serious? Man oh man I wish I witnessed that... sadly I only started watching the glorious game of hockey in 2001ish 

Archived